Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #886
Riley Martin
O-Qua Tangin Wann
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Earth
Posts: 595
Default Re: The Walking Dead

Howard Stern thinks The Walking Dead is the best show on TV.
Robin Quivers thinks Breaking Bad is the best show on TV.

who do you guys agree with? i think breaking bad > walking dead
Riley Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:24 PM   #887
bootsy
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 285
Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley Martin
Howard Stern thinks The Walking Dead is the best show on TV.
Robin Quivers thinks Breaking Bad is the best show on TV.

who do you guys agree with? i think breaking bad > walking dead
Not even close Breaking Bad is. I like The Walking Dead but it is a guilty pleasure show for me. Nothing more nothing less. Breaking Bad has better acting, better writing, everything.
bootsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #888
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste
 
creepingdeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Berlin
Posts: 4,045
Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley Martin
Howard Stern thinks The Walking Dead is the best show on TV.
Robin Quivers thinks Breaking Bad is the best show on TV.

who do you guys agree with? i think breaking bad > walking dead
Neither show is the best on TV. But don't get me started on Breaking Bad. Yes, the pacing is great, some of the actors are damn good and overall, it's very well written. Yet some characters remain comical, certain developments are beyond belief, and the main story arc has become way too over the top.

@skan72: Good luck with your application!
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:05 PM   #889
skan72
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,180
Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by creepingdeath
Neither show is the best on TV. But don't get me started on Breaking Bad. Yes, the pacing is great, some of the actors are damn good and overall, it's very well written. Yet some characters remain comical, certain developments are beyond belief, and the main story arc has become way too over the top.

@skan72: Good luck with your application!

Thanks man!

To add to the discussion: my favourite shows on TV are Community and The League. Obviously I think they're the two best shows on TV, or I wouldn't watch them. But that's my opinion. The Walking Dead is good, but it's not as good as those two.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #890
JustinJDW
....
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 4,332
Default Re: The Walking Dead

Awesome episode. Really the best episode since early in the season. Like where the show is headed now. I think just a couple of characters need to get killed off, and then its going to be real good.

The only problem I have is, and I think this is just a personal thing with me, is that I hate how some of the characters seem to make their own personal problems out of thin air. Just stupid things that feel like they are there just to fill up time, like Glenn crying about being told "I love you" distracted him and almost got him killed. Or Daryl crying about feeling used or whatever since the daughter ended up dead. Problems that aren't really problems. It makes me want to jump across the T.V., slap them across the face and say, "Man the **** up." In the zombie apocalypse world, stupid inner-emotional problems that have nothing to do with anybody else, shouldn't be an issue.

But that's nothing. Other than that, the show is looking good. Looking forward to next week's episode.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #891
sixerfan82
College star
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: south jersey
Posts: 4,053
Default Re: The Walking Dead

if the governor makes his way into the show..or they show mirrors half of the shit rick goes through, we're in for some good tv :)
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #892
Kobr
Bryant
 
Kobr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: LA
Posts: 1,187
Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley Martin
Howard Stern thinks The Walking Dead is the best show on TV.
Robin Quivers thinks Breaking Bad is the best show on TV.

who do you guys agree with? i think breaking bad > walking dead

Breaking Bad is considerably better. But both are good.
Kobr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 04:09 AM   #893
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox
 
Kebab Stall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Grizz-mania
Posts: 10,267
Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinJDW
Awesome episode. Really the best episode since early in the season. Like where the show is headed now. I think just a couple of characters need to get killed off, and then its going to be real good.

The only problem I have is, and I think this is just a personal thing with me, is that I hate how some of the characters seem to make their own personal problems out of thin air. Just stupid things that feel like they are there just to fill up time, like Glenn crying about being told "I love you" distracted him and almost got him killed. Or Daryl crying about feeling used or whatever since the daughter ended up dead. Problems that aren't really problems. It makes me want to jump across the T.V., slap them across the face and say, "Man the **** up." In the zombie apocalypse world, stupid inner-emotional problems that have nothing to do with anybody else, shouldn't be an issue.

But that's nothing. Other than that, the show is looking good. Looking forward to next week's episode.
I can understand Daryl's issue though.

The group left his brother for dead (we still don't know his current state) and now they expect him to routinely put his life at risk to help them. So, him having a problem with being told what to do all the time is completely fair.

Glenn does just need to man up though. There's no time to be crying about being told he's loved or that he chickened out on the get away. Rick and Herschell haven't made an issue of it, neither should he. He should be happy that he is still alive and survived.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:42 PM   #894
bada bing
College star
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: The Walking Dead

that doesn't make sense. are you suggesting that these characters should not be human anymore? they are trying to survive while also dealing with inner emotions. That is normal and realistic. The premise at the end is simply about how a few survive the end of the world. they are not going to turn into robots because everyone they know is dead or walking around half dead.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:07 PM   #895
$LakerGold
Home of the 16
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ☆Home of the 16☆
Posts: 7,323
Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
so my idiot friend spoiled which major character dies soon... and i looked it up and its legit.. even AMC messed up and revealed it in their season 2 blu ray marketing

click this link if you wanna see AMC's screw up
http://shop.amctv.com/products/12160...ray-4-disc-set

da hell...someone should get fired
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:18 PM   #896
vinsane01
National High School Star
 
vinsane01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: me live out here
Posts: 2,036
Default Re: The Walking Dead

The fck... I knew they should have left him in that bus.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:13 AM   #897
dunksby
NBA Legend
 
dunksby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 15,616
Default Re: The Walking Dead

So is it Shane?
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 06:34 AM   #898
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 23,543
Default Re: The Walking Dead

The 2nd half of the season apparently has an all new staff. And the 3 new episodes, while not exactly stellar, are legitimately markedly better. They're digging themselves out of the hole slowly but surely. They've cast The Governor and Michonne, clearly they're ready to make a big jump.

But you can't do that w/o killing off a ton of deadweight. This iteration of Lori, Dale, Andrea, and T-Bone absolutely need to go. Daryl might as well since he's nothing but a catalyst to get the broads to cry now. And it's not gonna happen but ****ing kill Rick and let Shane play daddy to Carl. Shane's gone soon, he's got a commitment on another show, but Grimes ****ing sucks.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #899
dunksby
NBA Legend
 
dunksby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 15,616
Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
spoiler in my white txt

lmao
It's official, reasonable people dont last on this show
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:28 AM   #900
bluechox2
#knickstape
 
bluechox2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 11,332
Default Re: The Walking Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydacris
spoiler in my white txt

bluechox2 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:41 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

NBA Free Agency

NBA Summer Leagues

Utah Summer League

Sacramento Summer League

Vegas NBA Summer League

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy