Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-26-2016, 05:04 PM   #46
highwhey
tf

Default Re: Bernie Sanders, A Member Of The Top 10% According To New Tax Filing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
The one thing clear is that UK2K and NumberSix have never done their own taxes. I could have done Bernies taxes for him with TurboTax Deluxe and gotten the same result.

Thread backfired on OP
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:07 PM   #47
longtime lurker
Very good NBA starter

God damn UK2K and Numbersix getting their asses handed to them as usual. Talk about a thread backfire
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:32 PM   #48
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillJackson
This is just nonsense.

They are using deductions available to everyone. What tricks are they using? If they are advocating changes to the tax code, those changes would also apply to them. This is available to everyone who uses TurboTax. Everyone who walks into HR Block.
There is zero hypocrisy going on.

Here's his actual tax return
http://www.taxhistory.org/thp/presreturns.nsf/Returns/9900B87E8AE6AF0C85257EB4004E9F66/$file/B_Sanders_2014.pdf
Right, and the way Mitt Romney does his taxes is totally legal too. I seem to remember lefties making arguments other than this current "rules is rules" argument that you are making as to why he paid like 14%.

The difference though is that Mitt Romney gives a fortune to charity whereas Bernie Sanders gives nothing.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:45 PM   #49
FillJackson
I'm down with HRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by longtime lurker
God damn UK2K and Numbersix getting their asses handed to them as usual. Talk about a thread backfire
This is just a dry run for Democratic Politics in Sept-Oct-Nov.
FillJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:45 PM   #50
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

you have to be a legit fucking idiot to think romney and sanders are remotely comparable in income

mitt romney makes $100 dollars for each $1 made by bernie sanders.

bernie sanders is a senator. this country has 100 senators. romney makes as much money as all 100 US senators combined.

$20,000,000 vs $200,000.

two orders of magnitude.

Last edited by Nanners : 04-26-2016 at 05:49 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 06:04 PM   #51
FillJackson
I'm down with HRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Right, and the way Mitt Romney does his taxes is totally legal too. I seem to remember lefties making arguments other than this current "rules is rules" argument that you are making as to why he paid like 14%.

The difference though is that Mitt Romney gives a fortune to charity whereas Bernie Sanders gives nothing.

Declaring management fees which are ordinary income wages and claiming them to be carried interest capital gains is illegal. It's an illegality that happens just a bit futher up the chain.
Quote:
Fund VII. Gawker today posted some Bain documents today showing that Bain, like many other PE firms, had engaged in this practice of converting management fees into capital gain. Unlike carried interest, which is unseemly but perfectly legal, Bainís management fee conversions are not legal. If challenged in court, Bain would lose. The Bain partners, in my opinion, misreported their income if they reported these converted fees as capital gain instead of ordinary income.

Giving $100 million dollars to your children without paying the gift tax and getting guaranteed profits as capital gains are legal loopholes. However, they are not available to all taxpayers and should be closed.

The idea that any of the above is equivalent to the local tax deductions or mortgage interest payments of the middle class is ****ing insane.
FillJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 07:40 PM   #52
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FillJackson
Declaring management fees which are ordinary income wages and claiming them to be carried interest capital gains is illegal. It's an illegality that happens just a bit futher up the chain.

Giving $100 million dollars to your children without paying the gift tax and getting guaranteed profits as capital gains are legal loopholes. However, they are not available to all taxpayers and should be closed.

The idea that any of the above is equivalent to the local tax deductions or mortgage interest payments of the middle class is ****ing insane.
You seem to misunderstand what I'm saying. I don't fault Bernie for pay as little tax as he is legally obligated. That's fine. It's his money. Any sane person wants to keep as much of their own money as possible. I'm just not sure that 13% would into his own definition of "fair share" that he espouses for everyone else.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:43 PM   #53
KyrieTheFuture
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
You seem to misunderstand what I'm saying. I don't fault Bernie for pay as little tax as he is legally obligated. That's fine. It's his money. Any sane person wants to keep as much of their own money as possible. I'm just not sure that 13% would into his own definition of "fair share" that he espouses for everyone else.
So you're saying if he enacted his laws he would commit fraud because he doesn't want to pay his fair share? Just admit you ****ed up on this one Jesus Christ man. I've admitted when I'm wrong, I believe in you, you can do it too.
KyrieTheFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:34 PM   #54
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
So you're saying if he enacted his laws he would commit fraud because he doesn't want to pay his fair share? Just admit you ****ed up on this one Jesus Christ man. I've admitted when I'm wrong, I believe in you, you can do it too.
Huh? What am I wrong about? Lol. I said the guy uses everything available to reduce how much tax he pays. It ain't wrong.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: