Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Iran fires on U.S. Drones in International Airspace

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    thats still outside of their border in international waters. theres a line drawn for a reason.

i don't get why so many of you keep trying to blame us more than them considering so much of what they've done to us while we've turned the other cheek

and i'm not saying go to war altho i am saying we should be damn close with our threats to do just that where they have to sweat it.
    So i suppose I should wish you luck when you enlist to do the fighting right?

Or are you one of those people that support military campaigns but never think about participating?

NBA rookie of the year

this is just one of a multitude of provocations. you're doing the conspiracy theorist thing connecting dots to us wanting to take over their country for resources when the reality is they've had their hand in covertly attacking our soldiers and opposing our interests in Iraq, Libya, and Syria. on top of the other issues going on with them regarding their nuclear program. and we still haven't taken Iraq's oil mind you...

either way no way we should just bend over and take their provocations despite being a lot stronger of a country, and this idea its supposed to be some even tit for tat like everythings supposed to be even and fair in world affairs is extremely naive. again far left are way too passive and meek with these issues.
    A conspiracy theory is a belief that has no basis in fact. people who believe 9/11 was an inside job are nuts. People who believe Obama is Muslim/born in Kenya are nuts too.

Influential American think tanks (such as team blue and the project for the new american century) have been talking about the importance of Persian gulf oil to the untied states for a long time. When Iran tried to nationalize their oil reserves we lead the cause to overthrow their democractically elected president and installed the Shah, a brutal dictator who murder, tortured and unjustifiably imprisoned his people. We knew all of this and decided the Shah wasn't a tyrant he was "our tyrant". Supported him in every way.

Later when the Shah was disposed we tried to encourage our ally at the time Saddam to attack Iran and we even gave Saddam WMDs during the Iran-Iraq war. Eventually we realized Saddam was crazy and took actions against him.

I don't see how saying America wants to secure access to Iranian oil is crazy. American history leads you to that conclusion. People need to stop believing the extremes about America. We aren't nazi germany, but we aren't sweden or canada either

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    So i suppose I should wish you luck when you enlist to do the fighting right?

Or are you one of those people that support military campaigns but never think about participating?

like i said i don't support sending in ground troops ever again. nor do i support this guilt trip that we're supposed to rebuild everything and play nice with everyone. theres no need to enlist or recruit more soldiers, rather than bomb their government hierarchy and nuclear structures, then go from there. if they want to escalate it further than that then we can bomb more of their government buildings until their hierarchy are completely wiped out and let Iran rebuild where we can send them aid for that purpose, so long as their current regime is gone.

on a side note i think our military is there to be used. not train for years and never see combat, like this guilt trip that sending them to war is so wrong. then wtf do we have a military we pay soldiers training every day for? i don't condone war its too much of a drain monetarily but the alternative of being abused and allowing consistent provocations by someone much weaker is much worse to me. basically they're there to be used, not train and paid year to year for nothing.

NBA Superstar

A conspiracy theory is a belief that has no basis in fact. people who believe 9/11 was an inside job are nuts. People who believe Obama is Muslim/born in Kenya are nuts too.

Influential American think tanks (such as team blue and the project for the new american century) have been talking about the importance of Persian gulf oil to the untied states for a long time. When Iran tried to nationalize their oil reserves we lead the cause to overthrow their democractically elected president and installed the Shah, a brutal dictator who murder, tortured and unjustifiably imprisoned his people. We knew all of this and decided the Shah wasn't a tyrant he was "our tyrant". Supported him in every way.

Later when the Shah was disposed we tried to encourage our ally at the time Saddam to attack Iran and we even gave Saddam WMDs during the Iran-Iraq war. Eventually we realized Saddam was crazy and took actions against him.

I don't see how saying America wants to secure access to Iranian oil is crazy. American history leads you to that conclusion. People need to stop believing the extremes about America. We aren't nazi germany, but we aren't sweden or canada either
    we don't want Iran's oil period. we're not going to attack Iran for their oil no matter how you want to link it. just like we never went into IRaq for their oil when almost everyone connected dots so sure of themselves we did. there have been consistent events up to now regarding Iran and those would be the basis for us engaging IRan in any type of war, not oil.

and honestly most conspiracy theorists are all the same. they think we're always so selfishly motivated for resources for everything we do when thats not the case.

Iran responded. In the op.

I feel either the U.S. government is lying and it was invading airspace, or Iran thought it was invading airspace when it wasn't. Either way, I hope we don't wars started over pilot-less drones being shot down. Thank god it wasn't manned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard
    Hey I got an idea, how about all you idiots pushing for a war with Iran go enlist right now so you can be the ones to die in it.

- I got a better idea.....Every Man should serve thier country....even if they don't won't to.

- Even If you think you don't believe in War....You should still serve your country.....it's your duty as an American.

- Instead of whining and complaining about Your country and it's Combat Policy's.....join the Military and help change it.

- If not....then just be quiet and sit down.....and be fed from the work of others.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Good post. Godzuki needs to watch Argo and then do research on what happened. That is the kind of stuff we can't do and only hurts us. A good reason why countries hate us because we get involved in other countries issues for no reason.

The country democratically elected someone and because USA didn't like it, they ran a coup d'etat to insert a leader they liked.

The only bad part of your post was the oil section. We'll be fine without it...

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    Amadinejad said it's in the mail. I trust him.
    Nice spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    [COLOR="Black"]I feel either the U.S. government is lying and it was invading airspace, or Iran thought it was invading airspace when it wasn't.[/COLOR] Either way, I hope we don't wars started over pilot-less drones being shot down. Thank god it wasn't manned.
    Man, how long did it take you to come up with that one? Kudos dude, kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    - I got a better idea.....Every Man should serve thier country....even if they don't won't to.

- Even If you think you don't believe in War....You should still serve your country.....it's your duty as an American.

- Instead of whining and complaining about Your country and it's Combat Policy's.....join the Military and help change it.

- If not....then just be quiet and sit down.....and be fed from the work of others.
    Commander in chief is making these decisions bub.

A conspiracy theory is a belief that has no basis in fact. people who believe 9/11 was an inside job are nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Nice spelling.
    Oh yeah, forgot the h. Sorry.

Oh and f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck you.

A conspiracy theory is a belief that has no basis in fact.
    Not that I care who wins the argument going on in here.... but that is NOT the definition of a conspiracy theory

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

we don't want Iran's oil period. we're not going to attack Iran for their oil no matter how you want to link it. just like we never went into IRaq for their oil when almost everyone connected dots so sure of themselves we did. there have been consistent events up to now regarding Iran and those would be the basis for us engaging IRan in any type of war, not oil.

and honestly most conspiracy theorists are all the same. they think we're always so selfishly motivated for resources for everything we do when thats not the case.
    I see where you're coming from. Tbh, I'm tired of the "we were in it for the oil" rhetoric as well.

I don't think we were necessarily fighting for oil (Bush just wanted acceptance from dad). Rather, I feel we were fighting as a result of our failed foreign policies which included oil. It's not a "for x, complete y". It's more like "Because of x-y-z, complete a". The exploiting part is more the result of opportunists than military intervention. Corporations, oil or non-oil, will always lobby after the fighting is done. They have been doing this since WWI and they'll do it until the end of the time. Even now, a lot of the companies working the oil business in Iraq happen to be American.

If we were to attack Iran, it'd be easy to say we were in it for the oil. That's the simplistic white/European guilt version. But the truth is that there are a number of reasons and all these reasons need to be checked and intersected before anything major happens.