Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star SpaceJammeR's Avatar

Default Re: I forgive LeBron for leaving Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by Done_And_Done
    Stupid! And do the same thing he did to Cleveland? Stupid!
    He might as well produce a second decision airing while he's at it, stupid.
    Cleveland was his only out which wouldn't result in a PR nightmare. Stupid!

How credulous and naive are you? You really think Lebron didn't pull the strings on the Wiggins trade? You really think he would have gone back to Cleveland had that transaction not been worked on?

Stupid...
    i think you are wrong. lebron brought miami 2 championships. he didn't leave miami like he did cleveland. and to think that going back to cleveland, his hometown had nothing to do with his decision is stupid. especially with cleveland fans wanting him back. ll

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJammeR
    i think you are wrong. lebron brought miami 2 championships. he didn't leave miami like he did cleveland. and to think that going back to cleveland, his hometown had nothing to do with his decision is stupid. especially with cleveland fans wanting him back. ll
    He did Miami the same way, even colder in a way.

You come off 4th straight Finals appearance, ignore calls and don't even have the balls to talk to the great Pat Riley and just announce that shit with a damn novel.

Stupid! And do the same thing he did to Cleveland? Stupid!
    He might as well produce a second decision airing while he's at it, stupid.
    Cleveland was his only out which wouldn't result in a PR nightmare. Stupid!

How credulous and naive are you? You really think Lebron didn't pull the strings on the Wiggins trade? You really think he would have gone back to Cleveland had that transaction not been worked on?

Stupid...
    And the funny thing is that the Cavs are better without Love. Should of kept Wiggins.

Local High School Star SpaceJammeR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    He did Miami the same way, even colder in a way.

You come off 4th straight Finals appearance, ignore calls and don't even have the balls to talk to the great Pat Riley and just announce that shit with a damn novel.
    got them 2 chips. can't be worse. he and wade continue to be best buds... his contract was up, and it's not hard to understand. it was his chance to go back home and he did. if teams have the rights to trade players when they want, then players have the right to do what they want when their contract is up.

Of course he had the right to go home. He could have gone anywhere he wanted to as a free agent. But my initial post explains his real impetus for leaving Miami. Sure going back home and patching the wounds up with his fan base in Cleveland played into the appeal, but don't be a fool... The main reason he went back to the Cavs was because he saw greener pastures. You're a f*ucking tw@t if you believe otherwise. His track record speaks for itself...

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Of course he had the right to go home. He could have gone anywhere he wanted to as a free agent. But my initial post explains his real impetus for leaving Miami. Sure going back home and patching the wounds up with his fan base in Cleveland played into the appeal, but don't be a fool... The main reason he went back to the Cavs was because he saw greener pastures. You're a f*ucking tw@t if you believe otherwise. His track record speaks for itself...
    Why wouldn't he go to a better team then? Cleveland didn't make the playoffs the last few years... I just don't see how Cleveland is the ideal situation if his only reason for going was "greener pastures"

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    From a logical standpoint, I understood why he would leave: the roster needed a refresh and he wanted to handle some unfinished business (whether sincere or not). From a Heat fan standpoint he was a coward and selfish...

But seeing this guy bust his ass in these playoffs really has me appreciating the effort he puts into the game.

Next season it will be back to trying to defeat him but for right now, with no competitive juices in my brain... Im sitting back and admiring the work.

Best player in the game.

--------

Meanwhile, the Heat...

we'll be back.
    Bro, this is a cool story.

Because he would have to contend with all the ring chasing BS and it would have been another PR nightmare. Cleveland was his only out...

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    i'm sure that he is relieved to hear this

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    Bro, this is a cool story.

Dude is an incredible talent who seemingly wins wherever he goes. He was absolutely dead on during the presser when he 'joked' about never being the proverbial underdog.

With that said, the guy jumped ship for greener pastures. He's done it twice now. Anybody who believes that the main reason he went back to Cleveland was to go home, is a gullible cretin imo.

He was tired of carrying the load in Miami.
    His number 2 was constantly missing games due to injury.
    The possibility of playing with Love and Kylie outweighed his belief that Riley could revamp the roster in the off season.

Thus he left... Plain and simple
    Why didnt he then choose a different/better team if it had nothing to do with going home?

He could have picked anything, just point finger towards the best team record that year & go... and spam championships immediately until he retires lol...
    Last edited by pauk; 05-15-2015 at 09:20 PM.

I just explained why.

He goes to Golden State for instance and it just reinforces everything his naysayers have asserted about him. It's all optics....

Going to a top tier contender would have been pathetic. A complete PR nightmare. It would have been like Miami all over again. Conversely, going back to Cleveland was spun into a heartfelt homecoming tale.

I'm not insinuating that the concept and appeal of going home to redeem himself wasn't a factor. I just don't believe it was a considerable one.

After getting shilacked against the Spurs I think his faith in Miami just dissipated. He saw a feeble front court, a number two that hardly played, and became fatigued with carrying the load. While I think he realized that things weren't all that bad in Miami, it is my belief that he felt Cleveland presented a better opportunity to win a championship.... Why you ask?

Because they already possessed a young, budding superstar in Kyrie and access to the first overall pick. A pick that could be woven into a trade.... In comes Love

Bottom line...

He saw greener pastures and bolted. It's what he does.

Except that he left on bad terms and left the HEAT in a bad spot. Now, I have this unique situation where I root for the Cavs to lose and hate LeBron, but at the same time appreciate his greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Why didnt he then choose a different/better team if it had nothing to do with going home?

He could have picked anything, just point finger towards the best team record that year & go... and spam championships immediately until he retires lol...
    Because he would have been slayed. That was his only option because people would actually believe the going home shit.

It was a pretty green pasture, along with a chance to say he brought a championship home. All of that shit like I WENT TO COLLEGE IN MIAMI. I dunno man...

Bron dancing, Bron doing whatever... I didn't care. I thought he was an amazing player until he did all of that shit. Then he did it AGAIN and people just totally bought into it.

It's not only about loyalty, it's about being a bitch and shitting on your home town. Cleveland got played. If it were me, I would have stopped supporting the team once he came back, seriously, assuming I was one of those dudes who was super mad... and most of them were.

Sports fans are ****ed up. They have a funny psychology. I think they care most about winning and bragging rights, seeing the other team suffer, etc. Nobody cares about a clean game and having high character guys. So let em have what they get, a fixed sport where both ownership and the players are always trying to play each other.

Edit: Also how LeBron became much more of a cocky dbag once he was on a superteam is bothersome.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Because he would have been slayed. That was his only option because people would actually believe the going home shit.

It was a pretty green pasture, along with a chance to say he brought a championship home.
    All of that shit like I WENT TO COLLEGE IN MIAMI. I dunno man...

Bron dancing, Bron doing whatever... I didn't care. I thought he was an amazing player until he did all of that shit. Then he did it AGAIN and people just totally bought into it.

It's not only about loyalty, it's about being a bitch and shitting on your home town. Cleveland got played. If it were me, I would have stopped supporting the team once he came back, seriously, assuming I was one of those dudes who was super mad... and most of them were.

Sports fans are ****ed up. They have a funny psychology. I think they care most about winning and bragging rights, seeing the other team suffer, etc. Nobody cares about a clean game and having high character guys. So let em have what they get, a fixed sport where both ownership and the players are always trying to play each other.

Edit: Also how LeBron became much more of a cocky dbag once he was on a superteam is bothersome.

-Smak
    Somebody gets it...