Default Raptors Interested in Rondo?

Wolstat of the Sun is reporting discussions of a potential three team trade involving Lowry and Rondo. Knicks may be the third team. Thoughts?

Boston was going to get Thomas, McLemore and a pick from the Kings for Rondo until the deal fell through. Rondo was not interested in signing an extension with Sacramento. Not sure how we can counter that offer.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Raptors Interested in Rondo?

All speculation more than likely.

Raptors are not unloading Klow (wondering if they can sign him) for Rondo(wondering if they can sign him).

As a free bonus they get to pay more money till the end of the season !

Just a typical BC move except that MU now runs the team.

This is likely 2nd hand rumor of some Knicks media type the are desparate - Wolstat shouldnt report it without a lot of qualifications.

Rondo - off season ? If Toronto is assured he will sign here for 3 - 4 years.... I can see them making a play that way if the management is truly on page about 1) star power and 2) defensive efficiency.

Lowry is a UFA after this season while Rondo is signed until the end of next season. This would at least give us a bit more time before losing an asset to free agency for nothing in return. I think at this point Lowry is the better all around player with a better shot and better knees. Not discounting Rondo he is a great all-around player and amazing defensively, but I think Lowry has a slight edge.

There is no way we match Sacramento's offer.

Quote Originally Posted by kmart
    There is no way we match Sacramento's offer.
    Sacramento declined the offer because Rondo would not sign a contract extension.

Local High School Star

One more season... Rondo verse Klow.

Mehh.

I still doubt you prolong the agony unless it is pretty darn obvious that Rondo's agent says "he will commit to Toronto". No chance. The best you will ever hear is "I am looking forward to participating in my first ever free agency"...blah blah..

If the Raps dont feel that they had a better than 50% shot at resigning Klow the move would have already been made.

As I said in other thread even if we sign Klow and qualify GVasq... I seriously expect the Raptors to take a run for Ennis in Syc - PG in the 10 - 15 range...

Unless Syracuse actually wins the NCAA tourney and some other team glombs on to Tyler... I would expect him to be available to the Raptors if they move up in the draft or "prearrange a pick and package deal" with Minny for example.