4) San Antonio, TX
    5) Austin, TX
    6) Las Vegas, NV
    7) Orlando, FL
    8) Nashville, TN
    9) Raleigh, NC
    10) Portland, OR

Raleigh rocking out
    For example, we first noticed dark horse Raleigh, NC, back in March when it popped up on our monthly hottest markets report, and then kept its spot in April. It turns out that Raleigh has one of the best job markets in both hiring opportunities and job satisfaction rate, according to Glassdoor.com.
    Cities losing most population
    1) New York, NY
    2) Chicago, IL
    3) Detroit, MI
    4) San Jose, CA
    5) Los Angeles, CA
    6) Milwaukee, WI
    7) St. Louis, MO
    8) Cleveland, OH
    9) San Francisco, CA
    10) Philadelphia, PA

People running from high taxes.
    [QUOTE]Leaving New York, rather than moving to it, has established itself as a solid trend

Default Re: The New Hot Spots Where Americans Are Moving Right Now

NYC is crowded enough as it is. Plus it's getting harder and harder to afford anything close to the city. 1 bedroom apartments in Queens (about 25-30 mins from Manhattan via train) are like 1800 a month. I don't remember how much of a harsh winter we had but it already feels like summer here.

It looks like the cities losing the most population are the biggest cities taxes do suck

Why is any Florida city even listed? People have been moving to Florida for years. Even those who don't even live in the country.

I was looking at property in Orlando, Vegas, and Scottsdale last year. Still considering.

Portland has high taxes and high cost of living, but people move here cause its a really nice place to live.

Also I doubt San Fran and San Jose are really losing population based on whats been happening with property values down there.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    Portland has high taxes and high cost of living, but people move here cause its a really nice place to live.

Also I doubt San Fran and San Jose are really losing population based on whats been happening with property values down there.

Maybe lower income families with multiple kids are being priced out by newcomers with no kids

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Why is any Florida city even listed? People have been moving to Florida for years. Even those who don't even live in the country.

Because OP listed cities gaining the most population from 09-2014 and it just so happens that the top two cities are in Florida, pretty straight forward. Why does that bother you? Are you upset that Cleveland is losing it's people?

TAMPA STAND UP

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

This list definitely isn't right if Denver isn't on it

Edit: actually if this study ended in 2014 that makes sense

Im looking currently looking at town homes in Tampa. I have a friend there who's ready to split with me and manage the properties. Real estate is very cheap and rentals are high, seems like a dream market to me. With all this influx of lower income families that live month to month and don't have the credit to buy their home, it can only get better. Especially when these town homes were selling for ~25% higher before the real estate crash.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners

AK said it...

On the West Coast, where a San Francisco shack is going for $1.38 million, soaring home prices are pushing locals out and scaring away potential new ones.

Where are they going? As you can see in the map above, New Yorkers are mostly moving to Florida. San Franciscans opt for cheaper cities away from the coast (but not outside California), and Angelenos head to Las Vegas. And everyone is moving to Texas! Must be the breakfast tacos.
    People will continue to pay absurd prices to live in San Fran, and then complain that the cost of living in the cities is too high. Go figure.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    Im looking currently looking at town homes in Tampa. I have a friend there who's ready to split with me and manage the properties. Real estate is very cheap and rentals are high, seems like a dream market to me. With all this influx of lower income families that live month to month and don't have the credit to buy their home, it can only get better. Especially when these town homes were selling for ~25% higher before the real estate crash.
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/21/inve...losure-crisis/

beach front stuff in the caribbean for pennies

I'd buy something if it didn't require upkeep and actual work lol

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Republican states. Less regulations, lower taxes, less PC bullshyt = more job opportunity and more people. Problem is too many idiots take their dumb values with them and turn their new homes into the same craphole they left behind. Democrats

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/21/inve...losure-crisis/

beach front stuff in the caribbean for pennies

I'd buy something if it didn't require upkeep and actual work lol
    That's interesting for a vacation home and a short term rental property, I'll look into it for sure, thanks.

But Tampa, you're getting 20% ROI with year long tenants on some of these town homes, seems like a fkin no brainer

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
    Republican states. Less regulations, lower taxes, less PC bullshyt = more job opportunity and more people. Problem is too many idiots take their dumb values with them and turn their new homes into the same craphole they left behind. Democrats

The irony that these people leave for better economic opportunities for themselves, but then continue to complain about capitalism, business, small government etc is just too priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    The irony that these people leave for better economic opportunities for themselves, but then continue to complain about capitalism, business, small government etc is just too priceless.
    You're a broke biitch , grown men talking about real estate here, not bumper stickers and YouTube careers.

There's no such things as democrats and republicans, only idiots and non-idiots, you both belong to the former category.