Default Mass Overdose In Brooklyn

http://www.barstoolsports.com/newyor...-walking-dead/

NBC News – Thirty-three people were taken to the hospital Tuesday morning after authorities responded to calls of people overdosing on K2 near a Brooklyn intersection that has been called one of the worst spots in New York City for synthetic drug use.

Authorities said the victims were taken to Woodhull and Wyckohoff hospitals after authorities were called to the scene near Broadway and Myrtle Avenue in Bedford-Stuyvesant. Authorities said that it wasn’t clear what drug the people who were transported to hospitals had ingested, but the NYPD said that at least five were reportedly smoking the cheap synthetic cannabinoid commonly called K2 outside a building on Stockton Street. The woman who called 911 to report the men smoking told NBC 4 New York they were vomiting and urinating.

Witnesses told DNAinfo that the victims collapsed on the sidewalk and subway platforms. “When they smoke that stuff, they drop like flies,” another neighbor who gave his name as Chino told NBC 4 New York. Others said use of K2 in that part of Brooklyn is out of control. Residents have even posted warning signs reading “No Smoking K2.” “It’s gotten out of hand,” said Dennis Gonzalez of Bushwick. “They even sleep in the street, we have to walk around them. It’s just too much to keep under control.” Earlier this year, DNAinfo reported that the area around the intersection was becoming a hotbed for K2 use. The site reported that stores in the area were selling the drug even though it was outlawed by the city in 2015. Since 2015, there have been more than 6,000 K2-related emergency room visits in New York City, according to the city’s health department. There have been two confirmed deaths associated with the drug.
    I smoked this stuff quite a bit in the military, never acted stupid. Must have gotten some of that generic shit.

Default Re: Mass Overdose In Brooklyn

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K

I smoked this stuff quite a bit in the military, never acted stupid. Must have gotten some of that generic shit.
    from wikipedia: Talk:K2 (drug) sideffects: mouthbreathing

explains a lot OP

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    from wikipedia: Talk:K2 (drug) sideffects: mouthbreathing

explains a lot OP
    But I used the good stuff.

Try again.

of course a UK ****** was smoking K2 while in the military.

You are an embarrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by bballer

You know how bad that job sucks when you aren't on deployment?

I was so embarrassing I was meritoriously promoted, twice.

Embarrassing...

Just a guess, but i'd guess drug use is pretty widespread in the military.

And I wouldn't moralistically lecture people who've probably experienced things that would put your average person on the psych ward tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta

And I wouldn't moralistically lecture people who've probably experienced things that would put your average person on the psych ward tbh.
    It's been big since NAM'

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta

That would be an understatement.

My SACO was a habitual drug user, and an alcoholic, who only stopped drinking after being demoted and threatened with separation. It wasn't unusual to have at least a few people fail drug tests every month, many of whom were never charged depending on your rank or who you were friends with.

Like with anything in life, drugs IMO, are fine as long as you don't abuse them. I have no issues with drug users, particularly marijuana users, as long as your behavior doesn't affect others.

But yeah, drugs were common and easy to attain, even overseas. If there wasn't a least a handful of servicemen in your company who were regularly having drugs shipped overseas, the Afghans were more than willing to supply you with whatever you wanted.

Back to the OP...

man that synthetic shit needs to be banned. worst for you than the real stuff. go figure. if anyone here still smokes that crap, i feel sorry for your mother.

Drugs are bad, mmmmkay.

The guy served his country and probably went through some fcked up shit on deployment.

I would never judge someone's drug use if they functioned and did their job.

You on the other hand probably thinks your job is important. You will never understand

Banned

Synthetic cannabinoid? Why not just smoke real cannabinoid? This is America FFS. Weed flows like water in our great nation.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K

it's because the chemical component they use changes often. K2 a couple years ago isn't the same k2 now.