Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 03-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #1
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Jordan Hill

Been solid this year averaging 5 points and 5 boards

Will he see many minutes behind drew? Least we have a dependable backup C

His last game he had 14 and 8... Will he see many minutes?
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Eat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputationEat Like A Bosh has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Jordan Hill

He's a great energy guy, he hustles. We need someone energetic.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Should get Drew left over minutes. I just think this guy Hill is going to improve being on the laker team like many does.....

good luck Hill....
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is a good pick up, simply because he's a center with potential. We have him just in case Bynum goes down. So its a nice insurance policy we have. Hopefully we keep him and let guys like Troy Murphy go after the season.

McRoberts should see some time now that we got an athletic PG to run with him. I'd like Jordan Hill to come off the bench for Bynum, and for Mcrob to come off for Pau.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:35 PM   #5
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
This is a good pick up, simply because he's a center with potential. We have him just in case Bynum goes down. So its a nice insurance policy we have. Hopefully we keep him and let guys like Troy Murphy go after the season.

McRoberts should see some time now that we got an athletic PG to run with him. I'd like Jordan Hill to come off the bench for Bynum, and for Mcrob to come off for Pau.

DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:06 PM   #6
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

It seems Brown doesn't like McRoberts and doesn't play him much
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #7
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi
I think that s about to chance with the arrive of sessions now. look for things to speed up a bit.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #8
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this boardCrown&Coke is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobesabi

Brown wants his big to be able to shoot to create room for the other big down low. I understand his view, but I also think the Lakers need to have that hustle big man out there. He goes after everything, I love that about Mac, gives hard fouls, doesn't back down

Which is why Murphy gets a lot of mins. His jumpshot looks so flat everytime, he throws it to the basket, not shoots it. But its fairly effective so do what you do Troy
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:39 AM   #9
Da Kobester
I brick open layups

Da Kobester has an OK reputation so far

What's up with this dude Jordan Hill anyways, this guy was a lottery pic selected 8th overall in the 2009 NBA draft by the N.Y.Knicks then traded to the rockets in a 3 team trade that involved Sactown getting Carl Landry that also included that no good, overpaid. cheap as.s, "no tippin" & washed up T-Mac to N.Y and brought K-Mart2 and J.Hill to H-town and now traded to the lakers for good old reliable D-Fish and a 1st round pic, dont any team want his services and didn't jordan have potential at one time when he came out of Arizona?There's something puzzling about Jordan Hill lack of playing time "hmmn" for a lottery pick #8 he should have better numbers to show for then just career averages of 5.3 ppg's and 4.2 rpg's thus far, it ain't too bad but shouldn't his stats be better then that in a player of his caliber?

I mean I'm stoked that we got someone in his caliber drafted that high in the ranks but why does he have semi underachieving career stats thus far? Was he on the shelf (IL) for any period of time coz if Mike Brown doesn't utilize his skills backing up Bynum or Gasol and the Lakers dont pick up his last year of his contract looks as if Hill be looking for his fourth team in four years and well on his way to being just a journeyman in this league.
Da Kobester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:00 AM   #10
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hill never had any talents that stood out, he was more of an energetic big off the bench who would give you full effort on D (though was never that good at it) and on the boards. Reminds me a lot of an inferior version of Chris Wilcox and is a decent 3rd big off the bench.

Still think Ike Diogu and Josh Powell would be better options though.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:29 AM   #11
Da Kobester
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Hill never had any talents that stood out, he was more of an energetic big off the bench who would give you full effort on D (though was never that good at it) and on the boards. Reminds me a lot of an inferior version of Chris Wilcox and is a decent 3rd big off the bench.

Still think Ike Diogu and Josh Powell would be better options though.

Well he's certainly young enough to use his energetic work ethics and apply it towards his most notable impressive stretch in 09' when he had scored 14 consecutive double digit scoring games ppg's and grabbed 8.6 rpg's during the stretch. Now if and when Brown will utilize J.Hill i'll never know considering were now deep up front with our Big's Drew,Pau,Josh,Troy and now Jordan though one thing it's a good insurance policy to have to go deep in the post season!
Old 03-25-2012, 06:10 AM   #12
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Kobester
Well he's certainly young enough to use his energetic work ethics and apply it towards his most notable impressive stretch in 09' when he had scored 14 consecutive double digit scoring games ppg's and grabbed 8.6 rpg's during the stretch. Now if and when Brown will utilize J.Hill i'll never know considering were now deep up front with our Big's Drew,Pau,Josh,Troy and now Jordan though one thing it's a good insurance policy to have to go deep in the post season!

No doubt its good insurance, but I still think the Lakers shouldn't have done that deal. Giving up a shot at guys like Tony Wroten, Terrence Jones, Terrence Ross, etc. Was dumping Fish worth it that much?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:34 AM   #13
Da Kobester
I brick open layups

Lakers front office (Mitch) had no alternative but to effectively add quality depth and to subtract any negative bickering left on the roster that could demoralize our chances of a title run, even if that was to get rid of good old fish coz afterall D-Fish as we know ain't never gonna retire coz he keeps coming back for more year after year, game after game and getting older by the end of quarters being run to the ground by the quicker cats in this league leaving fish high & dry and unproductive on the stat sheet. Therefore we just can't keep offering our starting pg our weakest position to D-Fish and bring us down as much as we like the guy and all for his locker room presence and leadership heroics I get all that but the fact of the matter is we had the trade exception rule to use up within 1 year from trading LO7 to dallas. Kupchak was under the scrutiny to make this team better before the trade deadline with our player/gm Kobe coming out publicly pressuring the front office mainly mitch that it was obvious the lakers needed a quality proven pg in exchange for some of the dead weight on our roster mainly Fluke Walton & Jason no shot left in him Kapono good riddance!

Mitch knew he had already had the offer on the table that getting Rrrrrrramon in session would automatically make this team better and to compensate the use of our trade exception salary. Plus the fact there's no telling if there's any availability let alone credibility left in the later rounds in what supposedly is a deep draft in drafting us a quality PG in return maybe another Darius Morris that we can ship him off to the D-League.To summarize our issue was to plug in immediate help at the pg position one who's a proven commodity and quick as a cat yet disciplined enough to lead this team to a title run perhaps?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: