Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good college starter TommyGriffin's Avatar

Default Don't take America's guns

If you don't like guns then leave.

If I get my head blown off, I get my head blown off. That is the risk I'll run.

Deal with it.

Default Re: Don't take America's guns

Don't let your emo kid get his hands on em doe.

That makes too much sense though.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Don't let your emo kid get his hands on em doe.
    The same could be said for literally every prescription pill.

23,000 prescription pill overdoses in 2005.

Of the 1.4 million drug-related emergency room admissions in 2005, 598,542 were associated with abuse of pharmaceuticals alone or with other drugs.
    Much bigger problem than guns.

Every day, 44 people in the U.S. die from overdose of prescription painkillers, and many more become addicted. If you have pain, learn about the risks of these powerful drugs and about other options for safe, effective pain management.
    Also, far more than gun violence. I didn't say guns, cause suicides count as gun violence to some, but actual gun violence. Throw in the cost of addictions, theft to pay for said addictions, and you can see prescription pill abuse is a much, much bigger problem than guns.

But its whatever.
    Last edited by UK2K; 12-28-2015 at 02:58 PM.

I don't care about how many guns people have. I really, really don't.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    The same could be said for literally every prescription pill.

23,000 prescription pill overdoses in 2005.

Much bigger problem than guns.

Also, far more than gun violence. I didn't say guns, cause suicides count as gun violence to some, but actual gun violence. Throw in the cost of addictions, theft to pay for said addictions, and you can see prescription pill abuse is a much, much bigger problem than guns.

But its whatever.
    Pharma has more money in congress so that will never, ever get brought up until a high profile politician dies of prescription drug overdose in office.

UK do you think civs should have fully auto weapons?

Good college starter TommyGriffin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
    Pharma has more money in congress so that will never, ever get brought up until a high profile politician dies of prescription drug overdose in office.

Stop derailing. If you are so scared of getting shot then move to Mexico.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGriffin
    Stop derailing. If you are so scared of getting shot then move to Mexico.
    What? I support Americans right to own guns dude...

No, I don't. There's no practical use for them.

But, there is a practical use for many rifles, including those scary 'assault rifles'. I was just discussing the other day with my dad about my ideas of going camping (in Minnesota,where a buddy just landed a job), and he suggested I get a larger caliber rifle to take with me. A little baby .22 pistol with 6 rounds is cool at home, but it wont stop a bear, or a pack of wolves, if they're hungry enough. A rifle will though.

Any weapon that is fully automatic is designed to be fired (I know the gun gurus are going to get on me for this) without aiming down the sights, so to speak. Yes, in combat, I aimed down the sights of my .240, but not really. I was more spraying, and adjusting fire by watching for impacts, the way it's designed. Other weapons that require 'aiming, but not really' aiming: other machine guns, .50 cal, any grenade launcher, any rocket launcher, any flame thrower. These things are designed to be area of impact type weapons. There's no need for any civilian to have them.

If any of that makes sense.

maybe, just maybe, that's my modest optimist view, this explosions of gun violence that you get from time to time are a collateral damage of some attitude towards freedom, which is in itself not so bad

No, I don't. There's no practical use for them.

But, there is a practical use for many rifles, including those scary 'assault rifles'. I was just discussing the other day with my dad about my ideas of going camping (in Minnesota,where a buddy just landed a job), and he suggested I get a larger caliber rifle to take with me. A little baby .22 pistol with 6 rounds is cool at home, but it wont stop a bear, or a pack of wolves, if they're hungry enough. A rifle will though.

Any weapon that is fully automatic is designed to be fired (I know the gun gurus are going to get on me for this) without aiming down the sights, so to speak. Yes, in combat, I aimed down the sights of my .240, but not really. I was more spraying, and adjusting fire by watching for impacts, the way it's designed.

If any of that makes sense.
    No it makes plenty of sense to me, this is pretty much how I feel as well about guns in America. There are plenty of reasons to own pistols, rifles, and antique guns. Correct me if I am wrong but I figured I should ask a soldier, in combat isn't the fully auto setting pretty much only for cover fire? If you actually wanted to hit a specific someone you'd want burst or single shot right?

I wouldn't even mind being able to rent more powerful weapons for those hunting trips you said, but that gets tricky obviously. I think gun ranges are AWESOME everyone should be able to experience any weapon there. It's a safe space ( )

No it makes plenty of sense to me, this is pretty much how I feel as well about guns in America. There are plenty of reasons to own pistols, rifles, and antique guns. Correct me if I am wrong but I figured I should ask a soldier (super cringe), in combat isn't the fully auto setting pretty much only for cover fire? If you actually wanted to hit a specific someone you'd want burst or single shot right?

I wouldn't even mind being able to rent more powerful weapons for those hunting trips you said, but that gets tricky obviously. I think gun ranges are AWESOME everyone should be able to experience any weapon there. It's a safe space ( )
    It hurt my stomach to read that.

But yes, fire superiority and suppression. I aimed in the direction of people, but I never aimed at them like I did with my rifle or if I had used my pistol. If someone shot at me, I'd spray 8-12 rounds back at them, figure out where my rounds landed, and when they were on target, I'd let loose until I got tired of shooting.

Its funny you mentioned that, because at one point, I went to engage a someone about 75 yards away, and actually reached down into the truck to pull out my M4. At that distance, and with his surroundings (standing in front of a barn), it didn't make sense to spray him and everything else with bullets. That close, one round from my M4 did the job.

It hurt my stomach to read that.

But yes, fire superiority and suppression. I aimed in the direction of people, but I never aimed at them like I did with my rifle or if I had used my pistol. If someone shot at me, I'd spray 8-12 rounds back at them, figure out where my rounds landed, and when they were on target, I'd let loose until I got tired of shooting.

Its funny you mentioned that, because at one point, I went to engage a someone about 75 yards away, and actually reached down into the truck to pull out my M4. At that distance, and with his surroundings (standing in front of a barn), it didn't make sense to spray him and everything else with bullets. That close, one round from my M4 did the job.
    Should I not call you a soldier? Mah B

That's a good shot, what kinda range do you have as a shooter? Sorry to pepper you with questions, but are Snipers part of a unit? Or their own unit?

Should I not call you a soldier? Mah B

That's a good shot, what kinda range do you have as a shooter? Sorry to pepper you with questions, but are Snipers part of a unit? Or their own unit?
    I was a Marine, but its cool.

I was a 5x expert rifleman and a 5x expert pistol shooter. Qualifying on the rifle range is from 200m (standing and kneeling), 300m (sitting and prone), and 500m (all prone). At the 500m line, I put 10/10 into the head of my target to win a bet with my platoon Sgt. the last time I qualified with iron sights on my M16. I'm not sure, but I think you can now use an ACOG to qualify with, but I always preferred iron sights. Pistol qual is standard police department type stuff, single shots, double taps, and speed reloads from the 7m, 15m, and 21m yard lines (IIRC).

Never saw any Snipers. I saw a few designated marksman, mostly from the Army. I actually went to a training course for that before deployment but I was never assigned a rifle. Snipers would be part of their own unit, but again, I never saw any because they weren't really practical where I was. Open terrain, wasn't many places to hide, and if we ever started taking SAF from somewhere and we couldn't figure out where he was, thermals work pretty well. And once we found you, you were pretty much ****ed.
    Last edited by UK2K; 12-28-2015 at 04:01 PM.

I was a Marine, but its cool.

I was a 5x expert rifleman and a 5x expert pistol shooter. Qualifying on the rifle range is from 200m (standing and kneeling), 300m (sitting and prone), and 500m (all prone). At the 500m line, I put 10/10 into the head of my target to win a bet with my platoon Sgt. the last time I qualified with iron sights on my M16. I'm not sure, but I think you can now use an ACOG to qualify with, but I always preferred iron sights. Pistol qual is standard police department type stuff, single shots, double taps, and speed reloads from the 7m, 15m, and 21m yard lines (IIRC).

Never saw any Snipers. I saw a few designated marksman, mostly from the Army. I actually went to a training course for that before deployment but I was never assigned a rifle. Snipers would be part of their own unit, but again, I never saw any because they weren't really practical where I was. Open terrain, wasn't many places to hide, and if we ever started taking SAF from somewhere and we couldn't figure out where he was, thermals work pretty well. And once we found you, you were pretty much ****ed.
    Oh **** I thought you were an Army Ranger my bad. No idea why.

Cool stuff thank you for the info. I really wanted to join the Marines but, well, I'm kind of a *****, and was way moreso when I was 18.