Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 02-06-2012, 03:04 PM   #61
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Default Re: Gotta hand it to Eli. He's amazing.

this thread is the most simple minded shit a fan can say...this is something my grandmother would say...

Super Bowl ends = "QB OF WINNING TEAM WAS AWESOME!!! WOW!!!"

when are fans going to start giving the other players cred for wins?...it really is silly

Maybe in the NBA, where there are only 5 players on a team, can rings be a good barometer...but not the NFL where you basiclaly have two teams...offense and defense...and 53 players on a roster.

Eli played great and all but if you don't understand he had help then you aren't really looking at the game
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #62
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
this thread is the most simple minded shit a fan can say...this is something my grandmother would say...

Super Bowl ends = "QB OF WINNING TEAM WAS AWESOME!!! WOW!!!"

when are fans going to start giving the other players cred for wins?...it really is silly

Maybe in the NBA, where there are only 5 players on a team, can rings be a good barometer...but not the NFL where you basiclaly have two teams...offense and defense...and 53 players on a roster.

Eli played great and all but if you don't understand he had help then you aren't really looking at the game

No one is saying he did not have help. YOu are posting negative shit about the Giants since their run started. You basically want Manning discredited. News flash: when you outplay (or match game levels) with Tom Brady in the SUper Bowl, win your second MVP, the story is not going to be taking credit away from the winning QB.

hate hate romo romo hate hate. Dallas Cowboys...where choking is a badge of honor.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #63
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

As sportswriter and fans say this is a QB driven league. Eli had help but once again in a BIG GAME, and even in a BIG MOMENT he shined bright. He's made a pattern of this already. Eli Manning is a gamer. Acknowledge it. Accept it and last DEAL WITH IT. Sorry Tony Romo doesnt have help. Wait what?

Anyway I had Eli Manning top 10 before the season started (check it/search it). He's now on the Big Ben level to me. Not sure if he'll ever be amongst the Rodgers, Brady, Brees of the world. But where he is in my book is very good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Assuming he continues on his current path of course of good regular season play. Not if he gets hit by a bus. His regular season numbers plus two super bowl wins are almost a lock. If you don't think so i don't think you follow football's HOF selections. Only plunkett is not in with 2 wins and he is both disliked (because of the organization) and very so-so. He also joined a good team and then won.

Color blind bro?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #64
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Negative shit where niko?

I'm the only talking good about the line...never said anything bad about Eli...stop being so defensive little girl, Jesus
Old 02-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #65
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
As sportswriter and fans say this is a QB driven league. Eli had help but once again in a BIG GAME, and even in a BIG MOMENT he shined bright. He's made a pattern of this already. Eli Manning is a gamer. Acknowledge it. Accept it and last DEAL WITH IT. Sorry Tony Romo doesnt have help. Wait what?

Anyway I had Eli Manning top 10 before the season started (check it/search it). He's now on the Big Ben level to me. Not sure if he'll ever be amongst the Rodgers, Brady, Brees of the world. But where he is in my book is very good enough.

Color blind bro?
yes actually...but not fully. on me...
Old 02-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #66
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

So I post about the dline play and two other posters turn it into Romo LMAO
Old 02-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #67
ClutchOver9000
#Knickstape

OMG will all the Eli haters shut the fvck up. Seriously.

Nobody's saying he's the best QB in the league or has had a better career than Brady, Brees, Rodgers, or his brother Peyton.

What CANNOT be denied is that the dude is CLUTCH and he is legit, IMO the best big game QB in the game right now, something the great Peyton has been criticized for.

He's now out-dueled the great, legendary Tom Brady 3x in a row, twice on the biggest stage in sports.

If I hear one more Dilfer or Brad Johnson comparison I swear...

Eli is MONEY. Period. End of story.

Stop with the "lucky" or "he got alot of help" excuses, its pathetic. The guy doesn't win, its because he sucks, he wins its because he's lucky or his teammates covered for him. Can the guy get his due???? Eli was actually under just as much pressure IF NOT MORE than Brady was. Shut up and deal w/ the facts...

SERIOUSLY???

Every winning QB wins because his teammates made plays. Eli's not the exception.

Def an upper echelon QB (I dont really care about specific rankings but he's up there) and has as good a shot as any other time at getting into the HOF...

Last edited by ClutchOver9000 : 02-06-2012 at 03:15 PM.
ClutchOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #68
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Negative shit where niko?

I'm the only talking good about the line...never said anything bad about Eli...stop being so defensive little girl, Jesus
Brady was NOT under much more pressure. You can't make up shit to help your point. if it was more, it was marginally wrong. I put stats to show you, did you see?

Again i point out, others of us watch the game too. You can't make blanket wrong statements and stick to them.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #69
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Brady was NOT under much more pressure. You can't make up shit to help your point. if it was more, it was marginally wrong. I put stats to show you, did you see?

Again i point out, others of us watch the game too. You can't make blanket wrong statements and stick to them.
The dline got a saftey and forced an INT you retard...JPP was mentioned every other play...stop hating on your own players cause you lips are glued to Elis dick...holy shit
Old 02-06-2012, 03:20 PM   #70
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
The dline got a saftey and forced an INT you retard...JPP was mentioned every other play...stop hating on your own players cause you lips are glued to Elis dick...holy shit
Brady gets hit, throws an INT. Eli gets hit, makes decision to not throuw, holds on, doesn't throw it. You think this is a coincidental act that doesn't reflect on the QB?

Read my posts, i've been arguing with people unfairly crapping on Brady. I'm sure as hell not letting you crap on Eli for his victory.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #71
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Brady gets hit, throws an INT. Eli gets hit, makes decision to not throuw, holds on, doesn't throw it. You think this is a coincidental act that doesn't reflect on the QB?
Maybe, but I'm not even talking about that, I'm not saying Eli was bad or Brady was...I'm just saying the dline was great and you come in crying about Romo.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #72
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Anyone got the stats on numbers of hurries and hits on the quarterbacks?
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #73
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

BTW, the safety I put more on Brady's shoulders. He had plenty of time to get rid of that ball earlier.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:33 PM   #74
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Maybe, but I'm not even talking about that, I'm not saying Eli was bad or Brady was...I'm just saying the dline was great and you come in crying about Romo.
you are implying the dline rushed brady and that is why he did worse than Eli. Eli got rushed too. Again, i showed you stats which you are ignoring. Eli got rushed but survived it. Did you mention that in white text?
Old 02-06-2012, 03:34 PM   #75
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Anyone got the stats on numbers of hurries and hits on the quarterbacks?
i don't have hits. Hurries/sacks
Eli 7/3
Brady 8/2
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: