Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Kobe does it again ! 1-10

In the regular season, LA had shaq who was as bad as Dwight in free throws.. Theres 2 differences now...

Shaq has never lost confidence and continued to dominate not making his free throws.

Dwight sulks and loses focus easier than Shaq. As lazy as Shaq may have been compared to Dwight in training, Shaq was a gamer who never let the game shake him.

Kobe Bryant would feast during hack a shaq because because he would penetrate to the basket and not shooting a lot of long jumpers....

Kobe now doesnt have the speed to consistently hit the basket anymore. Thats why LA cant capitalize on Dwights short coming.

I would love to see Free throw attempts under hack a shaq for kobe compared to Dwight. Im sure Kobe of 2000-2004 averaged more free throw attempts.

Very good NBA starter

LA has a tricky situation....

Honestly, They should make Gasol primary scorer for now with Dwight playing clean up and defending. They may lose him in the offseason if they give Pau more touches.

Either way this team will be broken up by next offseason I believe. If they hover 3-4 games above 500 by all star break, they will ride it out.

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    I never really liked Kobe at alll.. He is a punk in my eyes... But he has been playing very well, and I dont think you can put too much blame on him for the team's record when he scores 30+.

Dude, the Lakers are 1-10 when he scores 30+! If it was 1-3, OK I can I understand. 1-5, meh sh!t happens. But at 1-10 you have to start wondering what's really going on.

Kobe is not lebron or Magic... He is a scorer.. When things get tough, kobe starts scoring. He is basically trying to keep his team in the game, so he does what he does best. score.. He's older now so of course his defense wont be as good as it was.

If what you do best is still allowing scrubs to have career highs on your watch, then maybe it's time to go with plan B, or maybe plan "D" for Defense.

Usually I would say he needs to score less and distribute to his teammates, but they have problems on defense and his teammates arent scoring with the same efficiency he is.

As many "All Defense" teams as he's been on, Kobe should at least be able to motivate and or give pointers to guys on the defensive end. Letting him off the hook because he's scoring a lot doesn't help his teammates who aren't as great defensively as he's "supposed" to be. Teach guys how to rotate, play the passing lanes, force opponents to help, ANYTHING!!

Lakers have some guys who should be able to affect the game without having the basketball in their hands alot.D howard needs to bring more defensive presence... Somebody else has to get going, and to me, D howard is the guy who has to step up match kobe's play.

Running sets where the ball's in motion, not only gives the entire team "touches", but it also keeps everyone alert and ready to score, if needed. If your leader's only goal is to score, and you're left watching him do his thing, your first instinct is to let your guard down, because you figure "hey, I won't see the ball anyway".

Getting touches is not just about scoring, it's about keeping the defense honest, and showing a united front. Even Bulls Dennis Rodman got touches, and the last thing on his mind was scoring.

you shouldnt lose to Cleveland with the guys you have on your roster and I cant really blame Kobe because he is doing what kobe does.. Somebody else has to help him

Leaders get blamed for losses, always have and always will. Kobe's not a young sidekick anymore, who can just pass the buck while shooting till his heart's content. He's a 17 year vet with enough accolades where he should be expected to lead on a decent level by now. If Scottie Pippen can do it in his 8th year in the league, then so can Kobe.

its not kobe scoring 30+ thats the problem,ITS HOW HE DOES IT THAT IS.

HE took 28 shots to the rest of LAKERS 47,
    28/75 near 40% of the shots were KOBE.

He needs to get his teammates more involved and develop a rhythm and shoot within the flow of the game rather than IM KOBE MR 30000,MY TEAM,MY BALL type games hes been playing lately and 2004-2007 ways.

Getting more shots than gasol,mwp,and howard combined almost is just baffling,and stupid.Gasol should get 12-15,DH 12-15,Kobe 18-25.

Kobe can sore 30 but when nobody gets the ball besides him much its hard to get into a rhythm and develop a consistent shooting streak,his teammates are being frozen out and then expected to make shots,and the fact that Kobe has been playing PTS MATTER,DEFENSE DOESNT hasnt been helping either.

Look at Lebron scores 25-30 pts a game,involves teammates,instead jacking up shots,team wins,Durant same thing

Kobe and the Lakers would be more efficient if Kobe avgs 24-26,5-7,5-7 on 18-24 fg with 55% shooting picking his spots,within the flow rather than 29,5,5 on 25fg 48% shootin playing the KOBE SYSTEM

since hes one of the greats and emulates Jordan so much but plays like AI with the ball he should learn from example
    Jordan got his but it didnt disrupt the flow or rhythm of players he picked his spots and did what he did,games where he had to take over he did,he initiated the offense,he fed teammates all the while still scoring efficiently and being num1
    Kobe can too,Play within the offense not within the KOBE OFFENSE
    pick his spots,read the defense,react get ur shots cause otherwise
    Lakers will keep losing bc people know how to beat them like 06-07 season,KOBE gets his,teammates out they lose
    The Lakers are not a ONEMAN Team with Kobe and scrubs and he has to shoot to win,they have an inside presence with DWIGHT and did with gasol,

Durant can get 30,Lebron but they arent just chucking or going me mode with other stars on the team they do it within the flow and at 50% plus on 18-22 shots are doing it even better than Kobe while their team wins

17 Years,30000 pts,CAN AFFORD TO GET HIS SHOTS WITHIN THE FLOW,

The Lakers season will all depend on KOBE NOW,Either he goes for 30 and guns for scoring record and to prove hes still the man or plays within the flow gets 23-26 pts a game and wins RING NUM6

Dude, the Lakers are 1-10 when he scores 30+! If it was 1-3, OK I can I understand. 1-5, meh sh!t happens. But at 1-10 you have to start wondering what's really going on.
    what's going on is that the other pieces of the team need to start working like kobe is. Not saying kobe is perfect, but he is contributing something positive to the team.

If what you do best is still allowing scrubs to have career highs on your watch, then maybe it's time to go with plan B, or maybe plan "D" for Defense.
    In case you missed it, I addressed the defensive end. Kobe cant guard people the way he used to. They need some perimeter defense and most of all they need D howard to man the paint and spark something on D.

As many "All Defense" teams as he's been on, Kobe should at least be able to motivate and or give pointers to guys on the defensive end. Letting him off the hook because he's scoring a lot doesn't help his teammates who aren't as great defensively as he's "supposed" to be. Teach guys how to rotate, play the passing lanes, force opponents to help, ANYTHING!!

this is the f*ckin NBA.. He's not teachin anybody how to play defense on this level, especially in the twilight of his career.. thats silly.. The lakers have defensive coaching and some players who should be able to have an effect on defense... Its not all on kobe to get other professional players to play up to their potential.. He is already giving the team cover by keeping them in games that probably dont belong in..

Running sets where the ball's in motion, not only gives the entire team "touches", but it also keeps everyone alert and ready to score, if needed. If your leader's only goal is to score, and you're left watching him do his thing, your first instinct is to let your guard down, because you figure "hey, I won't see the ball anyway".

Getting touches is not just about scoring, it's about keeping the defense honest, and showing a united front. Even Bulls Dennis Rodman got touches, and the last thing on his mind was scoring.

I was about to agree overall until you said Dennis Rodman got touches

you just negated your whole point by mentioning Rodman.. Rodman didnt need touches to be Dennis Rodman... Rodman loved to rebound and play defense... He would pass up shots on purpose.. A guy with Dennis Rodman mentality is exactly what they lakers need. Somebody who will hsutle regardless. I dont wanna hear about players sulking because they dont get to touch the ball....

like some great coaches say "you want the ball? well then go get it.."

Kobe is a scorer, not a distributer, not really a playmaker.....and he is scoring pretty well right now.. cant point the finger at him first..

Leaders get blamed for losses, always have and always will. Kobe's not a young sidekick anymore, who can just pass the buck while shooting till his heart's content. He's a 17 year vet with enough accolades where he should be expected to lead on a decent level by now. If Scottie Pippen can do it in his 8th year in the league, then so can Kobe.
    Doesnt make it logical... Presidents get blamed for gas prices

Kobe is a 17 year vet. And he doing what he has always done. You cant expect him to turn into a distributer/facilitator who gets the most out of his teammates Kobe has never been that kind of player.

Why would you expect it from him in his 17th year? He is what he is. waiting for him to change is a mistake because it isnt going to happen

I dont even like kobe, so this my being a homer... Im just saying that he the one player on the team who isnt going to change, and he is the one player who is basically fulfilling his role right now. They need the other players to step it up. I dont see a time where kobe isnt the number 1 scoring option on the floor. Any body waiting for him to take a back seat should forget about it

I don't understand what he's supposed to do. His team is behind so he starts scoring bunches on remarkable efficiency. What's wrong with that again?

National High School Star Nevaeh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    I don't understand what he's supposed to do. His team is behind so he starts scoring bunches on remarkable efficiency. What's wrong with that again?
    Forgetting to stop the other team from doing the same thing.

Wasn't Metta defending Miles? If we're gonna put so much blame for the team's defense on Kobe, how come he doesn't get credit when they're good defensively? He's been playing this way for years. You guys overrate the impact of a single perimeter defender, when the problem lies in a lack of team chemistry and rotations, and physical lack of speed to get back in transition. Not to mention effort.

Miami's had an even worse start defensively while nearly giving up the most 3s in the league, but no one's pinning their woes on individual perimeter players. The problem there is their scheme - over playing and trapping, while packing in the paint to make up for their size.

"Why isn't Lebron's generosity inspiring his teammates to play harder on defense?"
    Last edited by chazzy; 12-12-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Finding guys open (and passing in general) isn't something Kobe has done very effectively. Look at his turnovers.
    He has been turning the ball over more but like I said it's because the offense is still new and guys are adjusting. His turnovers were high last year too when he had to do more freelancing instead of having the ball be taken out of his hands. When you're a 34 year old vet that's relied on to be the primary (and only reliable) perimeter scorer and facilitator your turnovers will be higher.

I'm not saying he's been perfect, but people really need to read between the lines instead of just saying that his offense has been a detriment to the team. It seems it's only like this with Kobe: He plays well in a loss and it's all his fault. But if the Lakers win he was carried and wasn't the main reason for their success.

Lakers 4 life. Kobe!

Kobe can "adapt" to any staff/player changes, but not to his FGA.

They're losing games because they can't get any timely stops. Their defense is middle of the pack but drops to the 5th worst in the league in crunch time. Think about how many close games they've lost this year and that tells you the story right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevaeh
    Forgetting to stop the other team from doing the same thing.

Damn, blaming Kobe for the faulty team defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    28 shots taken,, 2 assists.

And Kobe's defensive assignment has a career night.

Artest was on Cj dumbass

Every time Kobe begins to score is when the team goes down 20pts, and he tries to bring tge team back and most of the time Lakers get close but cant finish games when his teamates keep makinf dumbass decsions

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Masters
    I'm sure most of us have played some sort of recreational basketball at one point or another. We've all played on a team with the guy who takes just about every shot. Even though he makes a lot of them, it turns the rest of us into spectators because we know he's just going to come down, go one on one, and put the shot up. For me personally, it kills my desire to hustle, to play D, to crash the boards. So for the people saying "don't blame Kobe, he's shooting such a high percentage!" when a person dominates the ball like he does, the rest of the team puts forth much less effort.
    Just shows u dont watch any Laker games. Makes u sound ignorant, Kobe has been playing team ball, the problem is his teammates cant score, pass or shoot. And before you know it Lakers are down 20, and thats when Kobe begins to take ovet games and to his credit he brings the Lakers back within striking distance but its hard to close out games when ur center is being fouled and dont have a reliable second option
    Last edited by G-Funk; 12-12-2012 at 03:16 PM.