Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Allen Iverson Retires

He's already accomplished more than anyone on this board ever will. AI latching onto a contender just to win a ring wouldn't do anything for his legacy... just like it didn't do anything for Gary Payton's legacy.

Props to AI for being one of the most entertaining Basketball players I've ever watched play the game.

He was great but in the past years and pasts weeks he has been embarrasing himself so its about time.

Bye bye Iverson/ballhog we wont miss you. Dont worry IVERSON your stats are safe because its all that you care about and cared all your nba career.

[QUOTE=Rafael Delaget

Local High School Star markymark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
    He'll sign with Boston in February. Bank on it.
    Ainge, make it happen PLEASE.

The Legend can't just go out like this...

I am your soldier!

Sorry Phoenix... You're the biggest AI fan on here. Is your avy all the injuries he's had or something?

Ainge said they'd sign AI if they need him, but don't right now. When they get Baby back, and if the still need a push I wouldn't be surprised if he was signed.

Local High School Star markymark's Avatar

Sad, sad day for bball if it's true...

Decent college freshman

He will be back. There is no question in my mind about it.

Well, no one seems to want him anymore, so who ****ing cares? Sad end to what was a great career until the last year of utter embarrassment and exposure as a cancer.

Seriously AI, why couldn't you just accept a role as a sixth man on a good team, you selfish little prima donna?

Made that high school varsity squad

I can't say that I'm surprised that Iverson has finally decided to call it quits. I can't remember seeing such a colossal end to what was one of the greatest careers in NBA history, whether you loved or hated him.

In Smith's conversation on Fox Sports Radio, he did mention that if the right deal comes along, Cleveland might be a possible desination for Iverson.

I'm f*cking sad man. Like really, one of my favorite players of all time. WOW.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I'm not going to completely discount the possibility of him becoming a Celtic later on, if he starts feeling that his career is incomplete without a Championship and he just burns to play, etc., because Ainge has admitted that the Cs have considered him. However, he has shown that his most overwhelmingly powerful desire in the NBA is to be a starter, more so than money or winning (he could have probably got the whole MLE to a be a Contender's Sixth Man). Right now, for him to sign here, he'd have to accept backing up Rondo and Ray Allen, to players he probably thinks he's better than (and may be right in that assumption). I do not feel at all sure that he would remain calm and be the "good soldoer" even if he signed knowing that ahead of time, as he is one of those guys that just can't help themselves when it comes to things like wanting the ball, pt, etc. I would sign a guy like that in a heartbeat while he's at his peak, because he's everything he thinks he is, but when the athleticism declines without the ego shrinking accordingly, it's a problem. And Iverson isn't good enough to carry a great team anymore. He needs to start accepting a role and fitting in. He's never done that before. If the Cs do sign him in the future I'll probably feel the same way about him that I do about Sheed: He has some positives, but there are also negatives, and I just don't know whether or not the balance is worth it. In the end, I predict he won't be coming here, because the guard rotation and chemistry are good. Iverson, without a major personality adjustment, could screw that up.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnieMac06
    I can't say that I'm surprised that Iverson has finally decided to call it quits. I can't remember seeing such a colossal end to what was one of the greatest careers in NBA history, whether you loved or hated him.
    IMO, MJ's Washington debacle was worse. He probably lit a cigar and smiled when he learned that Pollin died.

In Smith's conversation on Fox Sports Radio, he did mention that if the right deal comes along, Cleveland might be a possible desination for Iverson.
    I could definitely see AI taking Delonte West's place, if West can't come back.

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

Short basketball fans everywhere are grieving.

Default Iverson Retiring...

i think its way to soon
    link : http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba,204978

what a shame...
    btw if its a repost, sorry didnt c another thread about it...

Banned

Default Re: Iverson Retiring...

you missed the other thread, the topic is being strongly discussed.

Its a sticky at the top of the page:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=154643