Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: Procrastination, it sucks.

Writing a paper is pretty fast but the problem is, you lose steam after an hour. All the information and creativity is gone after about an hour.

Why do you think it takes people forever to write a book or research paper. It isn't something to do on last minute notice. Not if you want a very good coherent and well written paper.

A good paper is accomplished by writing one page a day till the due date.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Writing a paper is pretty fast but the problem is, you lose steam after an hour. All the information and creativity is gone after about an hour.

Why do you think it takes people forever to write a book or research paper. It isn't something to do on last minute notice. Not if you want a very good coherent and well written paper.

A good paper is accomplished by writing one page a day till the due date.
    What?

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101
    Done with college/school? Man, that must be such a huge relief. Though i guess normal work would be super stressful too sometimes.

Any bad experiences with procrastination?
    Nah it's great man, the work is always there day to day, some urgent, some not but hardly any deadlines per say and if there are...if we don't finish in time hey deadlines move. We just keep chugging away 8 hrs doing work then go home or run errands, party, hangout, whatever, until the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    What?
    he has a point.
    Have u ever looked back through your old essays and go "WTF is this sh1t i'm reading?!"
    I literally say that for all my old essays.

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Best thing to do is just start typing even with info from the top of your head. Don't care if it's factual or not or about the spelling just get that shit down. Once you got shit down it's much easier to get going and you just end up fixing the paragraphs, adding your sources and making it presentable.

Outlines actually help too although we all think they are useless.

PS, problem lies within yourself. Block ISH and other internet sources. Get out of your comfort zone and don't type from your room. Do some breathing exercises to get you in a more relaxed/passive zone. Take 5-10 minute breaks(go for a lil walk) every 40minutes or so of typing(this is proven to work).