Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-15-2018, 02:42 PM   #61
kentatm
NBA Legend

Default Re: Papa John's founder resigns after using the N word

I'm sure the rest of the top brass at Papa John's is glad he is out b/c now this ****ing idiot is claiming he was "pressured" into dropping the n-bomb in that conference call.

Quote:
On Friday afternoon, Schnatter, in an interview on WHAS, a Louisville radio station, said he was pressured to use the N-word during the conference call.

“The agency was promoting that vocabulary … They pushed me. And it upset me,” he told host Terry Meiners.

“It’s caused a lot of grief for my community, for my university,” Schnatter noted. “My employees are distraught, they’re crushed, and it’s all because I was sloppy and I wasn’t as sensitive. It’s the same mistake I made on the NFL comments.”

link

kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:25 PM   #62
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!

Am I the only one who thinks Papa Johns makes a pretty damn good pizza?
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:56 PM   #63
Charlie Sheen
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstern
And in this case it's only people like you getting outraged, nobody else cares. This story should be forgotten in two days. Bad story to make an example of.
It's like jailblazers said earlier. Shitcan papa john for being a jackass and a terrible spokesman. Not because some reports describing him as the man living on his 21st century plantation dropping n bombs on a conference call. I didn't like the way it was presented. A careless narrative.

I admitted it's a bad example. Only the people like me getting outraged? That's just not the reality of the world we live in. This was the story dominating last night's MLB all star game: http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...opriate-tweets Are you okay with this too? Empowering people who are searching out 7 year old tweets to be offended by? Where do you want to draw the line?
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:03 PM   #64
Patrick Chewing
Soldier of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Am I the only one who thinks Papa Johns makes a pretty damn good pizza?

Nah you're not the only one. Way better tasting than anything Pizza Hut or Domino's puts out.

I rarely eat pizza anymore, but if I'm on a budget and don't want to pay $20 for an authentic NY pizza, I'll order from Papa's.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: