Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

Default Re: Who wears jerseys?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Nashty
    i made a thread recently in the off the court lounge, need some more help tho.

where do y'all get your jerseys, i only have like two websites and they aint cheap, know what i mean?

Eastbay for me.

Learning to shoot layups Detroitguy113's Avatar

I just bought the Sprewell... should be sweet.

Ebay is really cheap for nice jerseys.. the Sprewell is an old school Nike one and i'm getting it for $23 including shipping. Everything is stitched and all that.. it's not authentic but it's a nice jersey. I'm pumped :)

Not airballing my layups anymore

I still wear jerseys all the time. I wear my Blue Sheed one the most.

Welcome to the New Age Raj Da Dodge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitguy113
    I just bought the Sprewell... should be sweet.

Ebay is really cheap for nice jerseys.. the Sprewell is an old school Nike one and i'm getting it for $23 including shipping. Everything is stitched and all that.. it's not authentic but it's a nice jersey. I'm pumped :)
    Ebay is tight for jerseys but my parents don't let me buy on ebay I wish they did so I can add to my collection and so I can get/wear a variety of jerseys.

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
    Ebay is tight for jerseys but my parents don't let me buy on ebay I wish they did so I can add to my collection and so I can get/wear a variety of jerseys.
    ebay is flooded with fakes. be careful.

Saw a basketball once

i use to rock jersey everyday back in 2004 and 2005, i got well over 20 jerseys alot are throw backs, so now i just keep them on the walls because they like colector items hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by StroShow4
    ebay is flooded with fakes. be careful.
    oh really? I didn't know that, thanks for telling me.

Ebay is flooded with fake everything.. but if you get a seller that you like it's ussually not a problem. There's 1-2 people that I buy all my football jerseys from and they are all legit.

oic, but how can u tell if somebody's not fakin it or if they are or aren't legit?

I would just look at feedback and read the descriptions well. Use common sense and you'll be fine.

A little know how about the jerseys you already have can help in shopping for jerseys on ebay. Learn how the jersey look and inspect the pics people post. If you cannot tell in the pic, if it looks "stock" or if the seller has too many of the same using the same pics, its a good chance its false…

I have got quite a bit from ebay and have also spotted alot of fakes. Also be familiar with what the players actually wear and such. I'm a collector so I pretty much only look for old jerseys on ebay where as I can buy current jerseys at stores, arenas, and at places like eastbay…

I've seen fake Rodman Pistons jerseys with the current font. The jerseys of the old Pistons is far different than what they wear today…

Certified ISHiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Raj Da Dodge
    oic, but how can u tell if somebody's not fakin it or if they are or aren't legit?
    -find a picture of the same jersey that you know is 100% legit, such as the actual player wearing it on the court, and make sure all the details are the same.
    -make sure the supposed manufacturer is infact the company that made the jersey. some sellers have fakes and put the wrong tags on them, like a champion tag on a jersey which was actually make by reebok or nike.
    -if the seller has tons of jerseys selling for next to nothing it's probably too good to be true.

Oh ok, I see, I get yall now, thanks for the advice

like a champion tag on a jersey which was actually make by reebok or nike.
    For reference

-find a picture of the same jersey that you know is 100% legit, such as the actual player wearing it on the court, and make sure all the details are the same.
    -make sure the supposed manufacturer is infact the company that made the jersey. some sellers have fakes and put the wrong tags on them, like a champion tag on a jersey which was actually make by reebok or nike.
    -if the seller has tons of jerseys selling for next to nothing it's probably too good to be true.
    Personally I don't mind the fakes. Probably even prefer them sometimes.

Some $30 fakes are infinately better than any official replica or swingman jersey. You just gotta make sure the details are correct, because you don't want to end up with something that looks nothing like the real thing. And you should be weary of poor stitching.