Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Default Re: Personally, I would like to see LeBron

I think the opposite would be more interesting. The idea that Wade and Bosh could win a championship without LeBron would cause a media uproar and be more interesting to talk about than LBJ winning without Wade.

And there are a few players who did ended up winning it all without a star player. The most recent is Dirk. I don't think he had any all-stars on his team, and the league thought Dallas would either lose in the first round or the second. Not only did he swept the Lakers, he ended up beating LeBron and Wade. The fact that Miami Heat had more talent than Dallas, and LBJ piss poor play was big. And if Dirk could do it, LBJ could've done if he stayed with the Cavs. Duncan did it with the Spurs. Hakeem did it with the Rockets. So, it's not like it can't be done.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    I think the opposite would be more interesting. The idea that Wade and Bosh could win a championship without LeBron would cause a media uproar and be more interesting to talk about than LBJ winning without Wade.

And there are a few players who did ended up winning it all without a star player. The most recent is Dirk. I don't think he had any all-stars on his team, and the league thought Dallas would either lose in the first round or the second. Not only did he swept the Lakers, he ended up beating LeBron and Wade. The fact that Miami Heat had more talent than Dallas, and LBJ piss poor play was big. And if Dirk could do it, LBJ could've done if he stayed with the Cavs. Duncan did it with the Spurs. Hakeem did it with the Rockets. So, it's not like it can't be done.

Playing with "all-stars" is overrated as hell. It's about who steps up their game in the playoffs, all-star or not....and Jason Terry and JJ Barea did just that. And it doesn't have to be all the time either, but stepping up in the most critical times.

You can win without another superstar.

MJ won w/o a co-superstar.
    Hakeem won w/o a co-superstar.
    Duncan won w/o a co-superstar.
    Dirk won w/o a co-superstar.
    Bird won w/o a co-superstar.

Superstar is a top five caliber player.

Wade is a co-superstar.