Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ask Grinder anything about basketball.

Ask away.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Ask away.
    What do you think about the Knicks slow start ?
    Will Baron Davis make a difference when he comes back ?

How far can this team go in the playoffs ?

Ask away.
    Where's your boy euroleague?
    Was Spanoulis really as bad as his stats or could he have done better?
    What's up with LBJ in the 4th quarters lately (he was great in 4th quarters w/ Cleveland and in the ECSF and ECF last year)
    Mario Chalmers=MIP?

Banned

I have a few....

1. Who are the top 5 players in the NBA to you?

2. If the Heat and Bulls meet in a playoff series again which is likely, who do you think would win the 7 game series? Do you think the series could go either way or do you think it will be lopsided?

3. Which tool do you use to judge players more, actually watching the games or stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    What do you think about the Knicks slow start ?
    Will Baron Davis make a difference when he comes back ?

How far can this team go in the playoffs ?
    Athough I never expected them to be an elite team right off the bat, I'll admit that I am surprised at how poorly the Knicks have started this season. The defense certainly looks improved with the addition of Tyson Chandler but I'm shocked at how mediocre offensively a team with two of the best scorers in the game looks.

Melo has been productive, but I still see way too many offensive possessions where he'll have the ball at the top of the key for a good 10-15 seconds and four teammates are camped out around the 3 point line not in rebounding position and not involved in the play. To compound that, Amare has played some of the worst basketball I've seen him play in years, Toney Douglas and Landry Fields have been horrible, and there's no true quality on the bench. I'm sure this team will be better, but they definitely need more ball movement and another good wing player. If I were D'Antoni, I'd start Shumpert, Billy Walker, Melo, Amare, and Chandler. I think Douglas is at his best as a 6th man combo guard and Jerome Jordan needs to see some playing time.

A motivated, healthy Baron Davis can work wonders for this team and if he plays like he did for the Cavs last season, I have no doubt he'll have a big impact for the Knicks. Just having a pass first point guard with good court vision and the versatile offensive skillset that Baron has should add some much needed wrinkles to their lackluster offense.

With a healthy Baron Davis, and Melo , Amare, and Chandler all playing well, this team is easily good enough to get to the second round – conference finals? Maybe.

who will win the mvp and the championship?

[QUOTE=Grinder]Athough I never expected them to be an elite team right off the bat, I'll admit that I am surprised at how poorly the Knicks have started this season. The defense certainly looks improved with the addition of Tyson Chandler but I'm shocked at how mediocre offensively a team with two of the best scorers in the game looks.

Melo has been productive, but I still see way too many offensive possessions where he'll have the ball at the top of the key for a good 10-15 seconds and four teammates are camped out around the 3 point line not in rebounding position and not involved in the play. To compound that, Amare has played some of the worst basketball I've seen him play in years, Toney Douglas and Landry Fields have been horrible, and there's no true quality on the bench. I'm sure this team will be better, but they definitely need more ball movement and another good wing player. If I were D'Antoni, I'd start Shumpert, Billy Walker, Melo, Amare, and Chandler. I think Douglas is at his best as a 6th man combo guard and Jerome Jordan needs to see some playing time.

A motivated, healthy Baron Davis can work wonders for this team and if he plays like he did for the Cavs last season, I have no doubt he'll have a big impact for the Knicks. Just having a pass first point guard with good court vision and the versatile offensive skillset that Baron has should add some much needed wrinkles to their lackluster offense.

With a healthy Baron Davis, and Melo , Amare, and Chandler all playing well, this team is easily good enough to get to the second round

How do you feel about this Grizzlies team compared to last years team, especially once Randolph comes back to solidify the front court?

Conley/Selby/Pargo
    Allen/Mayo
    Gay/Pondexter/Young
    Randolph/Speights/Cunningham
    Gasol/Haddadi

Also how do you feel about Speight production after coming to the Grizzlies. He's seriously impressed me.
    Last edited by zac; 01-17-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Where's your boy euroleague?
    Was Spanoulis really as bad as his stats or could he have done better?
    What's up with LBJ in the 4th quarters lately (he was great in 4th quarters w/ Cleveland and in the ECSF and ECF last year)
    Mario Chalmers=MIP?
    1. Probably trolling Wikipedia.
    2. Spanoulis is definitely a better player than his stats/what he showed in the NBA. He could probably be a decent bench guard for most teams but he doesn't seem to be able to accept being a role player.
    3. I think it's some if it is because of indecisive play and some because of the scrutiny of the media magnifying his every move since joining the Heat . He also knows Wade and Bosh can hit the big shots and play off him and at those times he's best suited to being a facilitator. Check out how nervous and uncomfortable he looked in the 4th/OT against the Warriors and Clippers.
    4. I really don't think Chalmers has much of a chance at MIP. He might on another team but his opportunities are always going to be limited with Wade, Bosh, and Lebron and then he's got Norris Cole breathing down his neck too.

1. Probably trolling Wikipedia.

That note about Rubio's award in Europe is definitely his style

why are you called grinder?

why didn't you answer who the top 5 players are??

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    I have a few....

1. Who are the top 5 players in the NBA to you?

2. If the Heat and Bulls meet in a playoff series again which is likely, who do you think would win the 7 game series? Do you think the series could go either way or do you think it will be lopsided?

3. Which tool do you use to judge players more, actually watching the games or stats?
    1. Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant, Derrick Rose

2. Good question....this is a tough one. I think the Heat would squeak it out in 7.

3. Watching the games by far, but stats are always important to check for confirmation

Banned

I don't know if this has been asked before, but how far will the Sixers get this year in the playoffs? (I haven't watched them play at all this season)

Talk about the 2012 NBA draft prospects a bit.

Its only Jan so chances are the same questions can be asked with difference answers. We all know March Madness has turned players into overnight sensations. Guys who you figured would more likely come out a year later end up coming out in this years draft. Tyrus Thomas is one who comes to mind.

But for now, what of the 2012 NBA prospects has impressed you and who hasnt? For me Perry Jones just has me 2nd guessing what to expect of him at the next level. I dont know if he has "it". He looks the part and you want to think all he needs to do is work on x, y, and z and bam you got a stud. I dont know if he has that hunger, determination to be as great as people make him out to be. That passion, leadership quality, killer instinct. I hate to think of him as an athletic kid who is just getting by for now.

Any thoughts on Harrison Barnes, Jeremy Lamb, Brad Beal, Austin Rivers, Marquis Teague and others who could be in the 2012 draft?

Any sleepers or guys who are under the radar. They are known but not popular per say. Like Kevin Jones who ate Perry Jones breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks. He's been consistently productive this year. Any guys like that you think people should keep an eye out on.

Any chance Tony Wroten comes out or too early to say? Like I said some of these questions are a bit premature in that a really good March run could determine a whole lot. But a guy like Austin Rivers has to look over his shoulder at someone like him no? He could be the reason you decide to return to school and try your luck in 2013 lottery.

You know I'm a Sixers fan, so any PF prospects to replace Brand? I'd prefer a guy who is a damn good rebounder moreso than someone who can give you lights out offense.