Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Pharmacists84
    Are you serious man?? Joe Johnson, John Smith, and Speedy Claxton are better than Bibby, Artest, and Shareef. Bibby and Shareef are to old and Artest can't shut his mouth enough to play.
    :stupid:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gimme a sec, I'm laughing tears.

Not airballing my layups anymore

1. Phoenix
    2. Dallas
    3. Miami
    4. LA Clippers
    5. Spurs
    6. Kings
    7. Houston
    8. Denver
    9. Cleveland
    10. Detroit

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
    For the record: Lakers=14 championships. Suns, Clips, Kings, Mavs=0.
    So how many do u have??

1 Miami
    2 Dallas
    3 Phoenix
    4 San Antonio
    5 Detroit
    6 Houston
    7 New Jersey
    8 Chicago
    9 Cavs
    10 Denver

Miami The Champs Thats simply why they are number 1 returning everyone i still dont think they will repeat. Dallas is my pick for the WC champs. They will battle the suns in the final. San antonio is still top 5 elite teams i put them at 4 because i think with a healthy amare and the signing of jumaine jones phx is better. Detroit lost big ben but gained Nazi, IMO they are top 5 still returning everyone. Houston will make the playoffs i gaurentee it, only if tmac and yao stay healthy, adding battier was a good move even though giving up rudy, battier was an immediate fit to their playoff run. Chicago adding big ben and thats enough said. New Jersey draftin Marcus williams, Boone and Hassan Adams, Giving good depth on the bench but simply Kidd, Rj and Carter can't be rejected out top 10. Cavs Simply because LeBron James and now adding shannon brown for another atheletic small foward. They return Big Z and Gooden. Denver was tough to put at number 10 but i put them in front of the clippers and lakers because they are going to be a tough team to be in the playoffs adding j.r. smith isn't the reason. Nene is back and i think he will make a big impact.

Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperX
    So how many do u have??
    14, I already said it.

Saw a basketball once

Default powerrankings

1. Miami - Basicaly the entire lineup from a championship team returning, gotta start them at #1
    2. Detroit - The departure of Ben Wallace will hurt the defense, but not as much as people think, Nazi Mohammed and Dale Davis will fill part of the void, and the fact that Antonio Mcdyess will be seeing alot more minutes bodes well for the Pistons' offense, not to mention his ability and hustle on the defensive end. Tayshaun Prince will only get better, maybe a breakout season for him.
    3. Phoneix - Great team last year with no real post presance, Depending on how Amare responds to his injury, this #3 ranking could soon change to #1
    4. Dallas - Got robbed in the finals, finally showed the tuffness it takes to make it to the finals, dont be surprized if they get back this year
    5. San Antonio - Added some youth to their veteran core players, Nazi's departer to Detroit will hurt more than people think
    6. Denver - Carmelo was by far the best player in the world championships, look for that too continue this season with a strong supporting cast around him. Consider them a serious contender in the west.
    7. Chicago - The addition of Ben Wallace provides a much needed defensive presance downlow and veteran leadership to a very talented young core (who wil only get better). Maybe the best defensive team in the league this season if San Antonio and Detroit are significantly hurt from their respected losses on defense
    8. L.A. Clippers - Good team last year, Lamar Odom had an mvp type season and a healty Cory Maggette will only make them stronger
    9. Sacramento - One of the hottest teams the 2nd half of the season last year, due to the addition of ron artest. He brings tuffness to an all around solid team, but not strong enough to be considered serious contenders in the west.
    10. N.J. Nets - Kidd Jefferson and Carter make them fun to watch, but no post presance means no conferance finals for the nets
    Last edited by freshDMS; 09-07-2006 at 12:48 AM.

Detroit at 2? I don't think Spurs, Dallas or Phoenix Likes That, Neither do I

Saw a basketball once

pistons went to being called one of the greatest teams of all time to fogotten in a couple of weeks, the pistons went cold against the cavs plain and simple, and the frustration with the shooting woes got to them which led them to turn on Flip Saunders which led to the embarassment against Miami. Dont expect that again this season. Ben Wallace wont hurt as much as people say, i think it may make them better off, especially with flip's system

Quote Originally Posted by Pharmacists84
    Are you serious man?? Joe Johnson, John Smith, and Speedy Claxton are better than Bibby, Artest, and Shareef. Bibby and Shareef are to old and Artest can't shut his mouth enough to play.
    Not only are you 100% wrong you can't even name the players you're talking about! :stupid:

Anyway I'm trying to stay out of this topic because people with decent teams are just going to complain if their team isn't where they think they should be. Im seriously embarrassed after looking at some of the homerism here(I'm talking about fans of every team besides maybe mavs here).

Quote Originally Posted by Boss_Baller_34
    1. Indiana
    2. Phoenix
    3. Dallas
    4. Cleveland
    5. Detroit
    6. San Antonio
    7. Miami
    8. Clippers
    9. New Jersey
    10. Nuggets

Pacers are going to be a sleeper team this year. With the addition of Al Harrington, not to mention 6 key players who can play new west coast offense, I really feel that this is going to be the team to contend with. People may think I am crazy now, but watch. Phoenix would be number one, but I still don't think that they will have enough defense to go with there offense. I don't see Dallas getting over the hump, Miami is just going to be out of gas by resigning all of their borderline retirees. Again mark my words, the Pacers will be the team to beat!
    i read through most of the pages and MOST people here are underestimating/sleeping on the Pacers. I agree totoally with Boss Baller, you guys arent giving the Pacers enough credit, they had 2 bad season, mainly of Artest (who is how gone) and with the addition of Harrington and Daniels im sure they'll be back in the top 5 in the power rankings...dont sleep on them guys

National High School Star AKADS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
    i read through most of the pages and MOST people here are underestimating/sleeping on the Pacers. I agree totoally with Boss Baller, you guys arent giving the Pacers enough credit, they had 2 bad season, mainly of Artest (who is how gone) and with the addition of Harrington and Daniels im sure they'll be back in the top 5 in the power rankings...dont sleep on them guys
    Top 5 in power ranking. They could easily get 4th in Central. Come on part of these has to be teams we know are goin to play well together.

JO will not be sucsessful at center. Al is a horrible defender. Quis is still unproven. SJAX and Tinsley aren't a top 10 back court. I think Indy could make a serious push but they are not a top 10 maybe 10 - 12.

Learning to shoot layups Underdog's Avatar

[QUOTE=Targus

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by sdjk58
    1. Miami - they are the champs and the team to beat...
    2. San Antonio - every year people always forget about them spurs.
    3. Phoenix - with Amare back, this team is going to be deadly.
    4. NEW JERSEY - yes thats right NJ Nets. All the Nets needed was a shooter and back up point guard for the unbelievable Jason Kidd. They got Eddie House and Marcus Williams. If uncle cliffy can stay off the grass, nets can beat ANYBODY! And i think Jason Kidd is aware that his clock is ticking.
    5.Dallas - I just dont think they have a chance against San Antonio or Phoenix. They might not even get past the Rockets!
    6. Houston - Going to be great to see McGrady back, but can he finally get out of the first round!
    7. Denver - This team has sooo much potential. I mean soooo much potential, but the players dont seem to get along with the coach, and vice versa!
    8. Clippers - Elton Brand is a great power foward!, But I always seem to think Sam Cassel has nothing left in his tank, but then again hes always proved me wrong.
    9. Cleveland - Sorry Lebron, but your team doesnt know how step up, besides you of course. I still think your amazing.
    10. Detroit - Losing Ben will hurt them a good amount. No one is going to be scared of playing them anymore. No one will be scared of driving inside. There will no more bell noises, because no more blocked shots. They lost their defensive anchor!
    MAVS CAN'T GET PAST THE SUNS OR SPURS??? YOU MUST BE ON CRACK! EVERYONE WROTE THEM OFF LAST SEASON AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED. WIN A GAME 7 ON THE DEFENDING CHAMPS HOME COURT? BEAT THE SUNS AT THEIR GAME AFTER TRAILING 18 POINTS AND WIN THE SERIES ON THEIR HOME FLOOR AS WELL?? DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE ROCKETS!! LOOK FOR THE MAVS TO FINISH FIRST IN THE WEST AND AGAIN BEAT THE SUNS FOR THE TRIP TO THE FINALS.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
    1 Miami
    2 Dallas
    3 Phoenix
    4 San Antonio
    5 Detroit
    6 Houston
    7 New Jersey
    8 Chicago
    9 Cavs
    10 Denver

Miami The Champs Thats simply why they are number 1 returning everyone i still dont think they will repeat. Dallas is my pick for the WC champs. They will battle the suns in the final. San antonio is still top 5 elite teams i put them at 4 because i think with a healthy amare and the signing of jumaine jones phx is better. Detroit lost big ben but gained Nazi, IMO they are top 5 still returning everyone. Houston will make the playoffs i gaurentee it, only if tmac and yao stay healthy, adding battier was a good move even though giving up rudy, battier was an immediate fit to their playoff run. Chicago adding big ben and thats enough said. New Jersey draftin Marcus williams, Boone and Hassan Adams, Giving good depth on the bench but simply Kidd, Rj and Carter can't be rejected out top 10. Cavs Simply because LeBron James and now adding shannon brown for another atheletic small foward. They return Big Z and Gooden. Denver was tough to put at number 10 but i put them in front of the clippers and lakers because they are going to be a tough team to be in the playoffs adding j.r. smith isn't the reason. Nene is back and i think he will make a big impact.

Saw a basketball once

Default Pacers WILL BE CHAMPIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by AKADS
    Top 5 in power ranking. They could easily get 4th in Central. Come on part of these has to be teams we know are goin to play well together.

JO will not be sucsessful at center. Al is a horrible defender. Quis is still unproven. SJAX and Tinsley aren't a top 10 back court. I think Indy could make a serious push but they are not a top 10 maybe 10 - 12.
    I have to disagree with you. I still believe that the Pacers are the number one team. JO played a lot of Center for the Pacers last year. The way that they played him at the Center position was not the traditional way that you play the Center position. He didn't have to do as much grinding, and it was a little more free flowing. It's going to be even more that way with this new uptempo game that the Pacers will be playing. Al is not a first team all NBA defender, but at the same time he's not horrible either. He really is a decent defender that can hold his own. His size and strength, and relative quickness for his size is what makes him a good defender. Not to mention his offensive skills. He scored 31 points on Ron Artest which was the most any player scored on him last year. I agree that SJAX and Tinsley aren't a top 10 Back Court, but they don't have to be with our team. We have enough talent, that all they need are modest numbers. Marquis Daniels will definitely blend in well with us. The only reason why he didn't have much success last year was because of Avery Johnson. Avery Johnson had a different offensive scheme than that of Don Nelson. The Pacers will be playing "NellieBall" this year, and it will fit Marquis Daniels pefectly. Not to mention he still is a pretty good defender. With the Pacers size and athleticism, I think that they have put together the best team. I think that the locker room atmosphere will be much better as well. The Pacers will win the championship!