Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: New Jersey Nets 2011-12 Post game thread

Wallace is one tough player. Oh and it's nice to have Anthony back. Good win. 3rd straight!

Great to see the guy's smiling and developing chemistry, J-Will has really improved and shaping up to be a serviceable back up.

I rather end the season on a high note than tank.

Whats up with Brooks though? He has had a tough 2nd half

Kobe.

I fell asleep at halftime. :/ Portland is next! Let's go nets!

   

from the good time to laugh at the misfortune of others dept we have this:

Three years after NBA hall of famer Isiah Thomas arrived at Florida International eager to revitalize the program and his own tarnished reputation, the school acknowledged the experiment was essentially a failure.

FIU fired Thomas on Friday with two years left on his contract, culminating a tenure in which the Panthers went 26-65 and failed to win more than 11 games in any single season. FIU executive director of sports entertainment Pete Garcia released a terse statement indicating that the school has "decided to take the program in a different direction," a decision Thomas apparently found stunning.

"This is the most surprising thing that has happened to me in basketball," Thomas told ESPN.com. "(I've) never been fired before for basketball reasons. This is the first time.

"When I was in Toronto, I was trying to buy a team and I left. When I was in Indiana, Larry Bird told me that he liked what I was doing but he was closer to Rick Carlisle. The whole thing in New York was crazy. This is the first time someone told me that I was being fired for basketball reasons."

continued:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-...204420501.html
    well, -no comment- since i don't want to kick a dog that's down.

Isiah was one of the best guards ever but damn he sucks as a coach/GM.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

Gerald Green is a beast. That's all I can say. He needs to be in our plans going foward as a 6th man who scores an easy 15 every night. I love his energy and he can compete for 6th man award next year with Harden if he plays like this an entire season, next season. Winning these games without a real Center shows the upside and potential the Nets have when they play hard.

   

usually when i start to get stoked about dwight joining the nets one day, he goes and says something like this:
    [quote]Dwight Howard on Thursday again denied that he has asked the Orlando Magic front office to fire Stan Van Gundy this season, as Van Gundy asserted last week. The All-Star center did acknowledge that he has, in the past, made that suggestion when he was