Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 08-13-2006, 09:38 AM   #1
fish
I Hit Open Layups

fish has an OK reputation so far
Default Juan Dixon

I really do not understand why no one has thought of this guy. iladeph can trade Kev Ollie or use their trade exemption to get him. Dixon can be that spark off the bench or even the starting shooting guard we need (can shoot, put the ball on the floor, and sees the open player [just look at a Blazer game from last year]). The problem with Dixon in Portland is they just drafted Roy and have Webster that both need time to develop (puts Dixon on the trading block). Plus, Dixon makes just less than $3mil. per year with just 2 yrs left on his contrat (meaning he is cheap and if it doesn't work, you are only into him for 2 yrs [not long at all].

Personally, I am big Juan Dixon fan. I have been following his game since his days at College Park (Univ. of Maryland). He is one of those guys that just need to get a chance to play in the right system (up and down style / motion), get some playing time, and he will be a solid contributer (again see any game he played 18 plus minutes with Wiz or Blazers).

What yall think.... could it work
fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:35 AM   #2
Basketbolero
Local High School Star

Basketbolero has decent reputationBasketbolero has decent reputation

We do not need him, as we already have Willie Green, who is also a prolific scorer from the SG. What Philly really need is a more reliable PG (Duhon could be great near AI but I suppose he is unreachable) and a defensive-minded forward. I can't believe King did not get anything done, as he said there is nobody out there who makes sense getting paid the MLE. If you are Miami or Dallas you can said that, but Philly?WTF?There must be something wrong when Korver and Ollie are starters in your team. What about Jumaine Jones, Reggie Evans, Bonzi Wells (although he probably wants more money) or Melvin Ely?
Basketbolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 03:44 AM   #3
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

They still have him? I thought they got rid of him.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:56 PM   #4
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketbolero
We do not need him, as we already have Willie Green, who is also a prolific scorer from the SG. What Philly really need is a more reliable PG (Duhon could be great near AI but I suppose he is unreachable) and a defensive-minded forward. I can't believe King did not get anything done, as he said there is nobody out there who makes sense getting paid the MLE. If you are Miami or Dallas you can said that, but Philly?WTF?There must be something wrong when Korver and Ollie are starters in your team. What about Jumaine Jones, Reggie Evans, Bonzi Wells (although he probably wants more money) or Melvin Ely?

I don't like King for a lot of reasons, but it's not his fault no one has been signed. That is a Comcast being cheap issue.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: