Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-01-2010, 09:04 AM   #1
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster
Default The Event

Has anyone seen this new show? Is it worth watching?
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 10:49 AM   #2
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: The Event

i saw the very first show. They are trying to mimick LOST but fail miserably. The back n' forth that they keep doing is very annoying. There really wasn't much to the first episode at all and i kinda got turned off by it. I will watch the 2nd one on hulu this weekend and lets see if it gets interesting.

i know one thing for sure about it: it is NOT LOST and it does not even come close to it.

Its one of those shows where there is this big conspiracy by the government or people in the government. that pretty much looks like the EVENT.

Also, i think FLASHFORWARD was more interesting and better than this show. I wish it was still on.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #3
dkmwise
Local High School Star

dkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected posterdkmwise is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
i saw the very first show. They are trying to mimick LOST but fail miserably. The back n' forth that they keep doing is very annoying. There really wasn't much to the first episode at all and i kinda got turned off by it. I will watch the 2nd one on hulu this weekend and lets see if it gets interesting.

i know one thing for sure about it: it is NOT LOST and it does not even come close to it.

Its one of those shows where there is this big conspiracy by the government or people in the government. that pretty much looks like the EVENT.

Also, i think FLASHFORWARD was more interesting and better than this show. I wish it was still on.

Thanks, that kind of re-afirms what I thought it would be. i loved lost, like flash forward, and didn't think this looks as good as either
dkmwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It's not LOST, they explain everything in episode 2. (What the Event is, what the show is about, etc. It's not what you think.) Watch episode 2 before you decide. Because i really really thought episode 1 was total and utter crap. And episode 2 made me want to keep watching.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
It's not LOST, they explain everything in episode 2. (What the Event is, what the show is about, etc. It's not what you think.) Watch episode 2 before you decide. Because i really really thought episode 1 was total and utter crap. And episode 2 made me want to keep watching.
THIS.. is close to how I feel..

I dont think its been great so far merely okay. The acting leaves a lot to be desired also. But I must confess that the second episode did leave me intrigued.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:24 AM   #6
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Acting blows, but Niko's right. I think (like most shows) this one just needs time to develop itself. The second one got me ALOT more interested in the show.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:26 AM   #7
bada bing
College star

bada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected posterbada bing is a pretty well-respected poster

okay so i need to watch the 2nd episode then. The first one sucked big time and i was completely over that show. Sounds like the 2nd one might get me back in the show.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:27 AM   #8
Rose
slightly upset stomach

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
okay so i need to watch the 2nd episode then. The first one sucked big time and i was completely over that show. Sounds like the 2nd one might get me back in the show.
Yeah it went from copying Lost, to going in a different direction. It explains alot, like Niko said.I thought it was going to be crappy too, but I always give new shows a couple of episodes.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: