Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: are we making too little of the fact that Kobe is BEASTING?!

Kobe takes tough shots, Lakers offense as a whole is elite. Lakers win a title or five.

Kobe takes easier shots, Lakers offense as whole is not as elite. Lakers have a losing record.

Having Steve Blake, Pau Gasol and/or World Peace shooting tough shots instead of Kobe isn't making them a better team.

Last edited by Yao Ming's Foot; 11-14-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Dunking on everybody in the park hawke812's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    LOL @ Kobe outlasting LBJ FOH.
    Lebron may be like Sampson. Once his hair is gone, goodbye powers

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    I'm a Nets fan that enjoys watching Kobe. I don't see what the problem is.
    There's not a problem with it, really, but you seem to be someone who more than "just enjoys watching Kobe play."

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    There's not a problem with it, really, but you seem to be someone who more than "just enjoys watching Kobe play."

Sorry, Heav, couldn't resist

Kobe > Lebron witout a doubt

Samurai Swoosh

Kobe is ballin though, high efficiency. What this guy is doing given his age, mileage is INSANE. I'd still consider him LA's best player, even over Dwight Howard. The skill set that allows him to do his thing, it gives me great memory of Jordan. Yea, peak / prime for peak / prime MJ was clearly superior, but Kobe's probably the closest we'll ever see to MJ again, in terms of old school competitive nature, skill set, IQ, and athleticism. Miss this guy when he is gone, for sure. He's playing top five player in the league caliber ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Actually these stats are a lot more telling about the production of his shots in the first 8 games:

11-12 FGA - 22.5 3PTA - 4.6

12-13 FGA - 17 3PTA - 4.3

He is just get better looks and taking shots within the offense much better this year.

Thought I would share this "neg" I got for the post above me -

your ****ing retarded, stop wasting space u motherfukkin hoe, I will send you back to afrikka cuz im a swedish warrior who kickz ****** like u everyday, go and wank u fggot- millwad
    And what's funny is that his rep isn't worth shit (it's neutral), so it isn't even millwad.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Yes and no. This isn't the first time he's gotten off to a hot start to start the season, though, before his percentages leveled out. He may keep scoring this efficiently all season, and if does he deserves so major praise; but the season is eight games old.

If the Lakers were something like 6-2 or 5-3 instead of 3-5, though, people would be going nuts.
    Pretty much this.

Also, for people saying but his record sucks. This is true, and why his numbers aren't being praised as much. But let's not act like that team sucking has nothing to do with the bench producing less than last year, Gasol producing less than last year, Steve Blake and Morris the starting point guards for the majority of the games thusfar, and Dwight still getting his conditioning up to par.

If not for Kobe, his Lakers would likely have a 1-5 record, and a whole bunch of embarrassing 20+ losses.

Also, LoL @ Kobe "outlasting" Lebron

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    Kobe is ballin though, high efficiency. What this guy is doing given his age, mileage is INSANE. I'd still consider him LA's best player, even over Dwight Howard. The skill set that allows him to do his thing, it gives me great memory of Jordan. Yea, peak / prime for peak / prime MJ was clearly superior, but Kobe's probably the closest we'll ever see to MJ again, in terms of old school competitive nature, skill set, IQ, and athleticism. Miss this guy when he is gone, for sure. He's playing top five player in the league caliber ball.
    It's been 8 games man. It's amazing that he can do this even for a couple of games given his age and wear and tear on his body. But, it's 8 games. If you expect his efficiency to remain over 50% for the season, prepare for catastrophic disappointment.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopz2332
    he wont keep it up. Every year Kobe has a hot stretch of shooting and then he has a god awful stretch to bring it back down to his normal averages

Guess I was right..Kobrick has returned

Great college starter

He's down to .489 right now...45%, here we come!!