Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 31011121314151623 ... LastLast

Default Re: Red Dead Redemption discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Lakerlove420
    level 12! so is it pretty easy/quick to rank up?
    or have you really just not put it down yet
    Its pretty easy to rank up in multiplayer. The best way to get xp is either clear gang hide outs in free roam or play free for all matches.
    Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Anyone tried the Most Wanted thing yet? Kill some innocent people then sherriffs. After you hit $1,000 you are wanted. Game announces it to the entire public free roam. So they can come collect the money on your head or not. But if you stay alive under your Wanted level for 10mins then escape alive (losing your Wanted level, basically escaping the red circle radius to freedom) you unlock an achievement. I've come close twice playing by myself until some dbags from a posse takes me down. And I came close in a posse but somehow it glitches us all out of our camping spot and reset everything. Weird.
    I tried that last night. Me and my posse held down the top floor of the saloon in armadillo. I ended up getting my bounty up to like 2.3k before i died. One of my friends was at 5k when we finally got rolled, haha.
    Last edited by KeylessEntry; 05-23-2010 at 11:46 PM.

Saw a basketball once

hhhhhmmmmmmm

Damn $5,000 in bounty money. Why didnt you guys try and escape? My highest is $2,150. Held down a house with only 2 exits. Camped up 2nd floor, but gotta be careful from 2nd floor windows. Sheriffs on perimeter be shooting the house up. Get hit. So pissed I came close again. Only 2mins away from me needing to escape and this dbag again stalks me and kills from behind.

I completed all the hideouts which was fun. Had a 3 man posse. Then we messed it up for someone else. Brought it on themselves when they killed our horses from afar.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    http://www.reddead.net/forums/thread...ead-redemption

There's a list of the animals. I haven't gone through it, but I know there's about 30(or a bit over) species. Getting jumped by the cougars is no fun. Those b*tches are tough.
    Damn thats alot of stuff

i played this game for a good hour had some fun....gonna go back to my uncles to play some more tommorow and might decide to buy it

a LAKER & a DODGER fan Lakerlove420's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    i played this game for a good hour had some fun....gonna go back to my uncles to play some more tommorow and might decide to buy it
    right on. If you do then lduderino, glide, & myself
    could posse up with you on multiplayer and handle business

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I'm like 8 hours in and I still haven't really done anything. I've opened the third guy of the story missions, his name's West something, he's a W on the map. I've finished Bonnie McFarlane, and the Armadillo Sherriff (or at least brought them to a breaking point). But I've done a ton of stranger missions, Water and Honesty, American Appetites, California, the one with the old married lady, and a few others.
    And I'm still obsessed with the achievement stuff. I'm at like level five Hunter and Sharpshooter, and four with the herbs. I've done a ton of bounty posters. Found four treasure maps, which are really hard with just the pictures. And done countless Blue Dot friend pop up missions. And I'm still not bored with any of it. The side stuff became tedious and boring in GTA, but in this, I almost don't want to get into the mission stuff because I'm afraid I won't want to get back into this stuff.

I've gone out of my way to win a poker tourney in each town, and a round of horseshoes. That stuff yields clothing scraps. And I just noticed that the clothing breakdown tells you were to search for scraps, so now I find myself hunting down scraps. There's a great scavenger aspect to this thing that I love.

I'm tempted to fork out the $60 and get this. I know in 9-12 months it'll be $20, but the online gameplay from what I've read seems much improved over the GTAIV experience.

No in 9-12 months it wont be $20.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    No in 9-12 months it wont be $20.
    Really?

I can buy GTAIV at GameStop used for $13.99 right now (and could so a month ago). It came out, when last May?

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    Really?

I can buy GTAIV at GameStop used for $13.99 right now (and could so a month ago). It came out, when last May?
    April 2008 mayne.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    Really?

May 2008.

High School Varsity 6th Man schyza's Avatar

So I was reading this on Friday and was like dam I need to get this game. 1) I loved the GTA series (got a little burnt on them by IV) 2) I love westerns and old west $hit. So I figured this game would be right in my wheelhouse and it is. What a fun game, one of\ if not the best game I

Future D1 Dad

my oldest son plays it alot. i don't like it.

edit: i don't like the multiplayer. the actual game is rather cool.
    Last edited by jbot; 05-24-2010 at 09:05 PM.

My backpacks got jets dukecitydave's Avatar

I just finished the game!!! The ending is freaking awesome!!! The ending itself is worth the 60 bucks! That's all I'm going to say...