Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Michael Jordan 63 points vs. The 1986 Boston Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    You're full of shit.

Those are some quotes for you. And I can't find the ones in which Bird, McHale and others vowed to not let MJ score that many after the 49 pt again. These Celtics were a PROUD team, Bird was a PROUD competitive player that would not get outplayed..
    That should really put an end to that theory, unfortunately most people are too stubborn to admit when they're wrong.

Far too often do I see these (what should be)appreciation threads completely hijacked by other player fans trying to add "context". Just leave it be. You're just making yourself look more biased and insecure.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Ouch! Time to move on, "LeBird".

Quote Originally Posted by DatAsh
    That should really put an end to that theory, unfortunately most people are too stubborn to admit when their wrong.

Far too often do I see these (what should be)appreciation thread completely hijacked by other player fans trying to add "context". Just leave it be. You're just making yourself look more biased and insecure.
    It isn't for anyone that was around at the time. And even then, its no excuse. The tapes are online.

All kidding aside, I think Jordan is a great player...but this one game is hyped into meteoritic bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by clayton
    And then he gets shut down when Celtics actually tried.
    Let's count how many times the Bulls went past Bird's Celtics: 0. Jordan was only able to win in a weak era, where all them 80's elites declined to retirement. Opportunist at best. GOAT my ass.
    early nineties weak? i can understand the later nineties, but that's just nonsense. besides that, jordan destroyed teams solo in the eighties - u were just semen at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBird

It isn't for anyone that was around at the time.
    I was 31 years old in 1986.

All kidding aside, I think Jordan is a great player...but this one game is hyped into meteoritic bullshit.
    Everyone has their biases, but save the debate for the debate threads. Disparaging players in threads such as these doesn't convince anyone, and just makes you seem insecure.

You're right, of course.