Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Stephen Curry - First Unanimous MVP in NBA History?

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Put up 40/14/11 on 44% in Game 5 & 32/18/9 on 39% in Game 6, plus there were 3 other games in that series as well
    LeBron practically doubled Curry's statistical output in every major category

Never seen such a lopsided series between two top stars

It's why he got 4 votes on the losing team and Curry got zero on the winning one.

That's our MVP though...

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    Lebron was 1 vote off of it in 2013,

Some NY jerkoff gave it to Melo lmao

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    Put up 40/14/11 on 44% in Game 5 & 32/18/9 on 39% in Game 6, plus there were 3 other games in that series as well
    Idk Man. To each his own but giving finals MVP to a guy who got blown out game 4, 5, and 6 just doesnt make sense to me. If he forced a game 7 I could understand but Warriors finished them off easily in 6

Imagine Kobe getting finals MVP votes in the 2008 finals after getting blown out in game 6, thats a joke

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    Idk Man. To each his own but giving finals MVP to a guy who got blown out game 4, 5, and 6 just doesnt make sense to me. If he forced a game 7 I could understand but Warriors finished them off easily in 6

Imagine Kobe getting finals MVP votes in the 2008 finals after getting blown out in game 6, thats a joke
    Given there's no criteria for the award...trying to argue over the award or getting upset over a few votes seems absurdly irrational.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HenryGarfunkle
    If the Cavs win 50 games with the injuries they've sustained so far, LeBron should get number 5.

Since Durant has already missed time, it'd be hard to make an argument for him.

But Durant and LeBron are by far the most valuable players in the league. And it's not close.

Not all MVPS are created equal, so if Curry wins it again, it'll just be another Derrick Rose award that no one will actually give him credit for

Just another year where the best player doesn't win it
    Bruh...

If the Cavs win 50 games with the injuries they've sustained so far, LeBron should get number 5.

But Durant and LeBron are by far the most valuable players in the league. And it's not close.

Not all MVPS are created equal, so if Curry wins it again, it'll just be another Derrick Rose award that no one will actually give him credit for

Curry has only had a team good enough around him to get to the finals once and he succeeded.

Durant has only had a team good enough around him to get to the finals once and fail.

Lebron has had a team good enough around him to get him to the finals six times and he failed 4 times.

Give me the guy that has failed less times and shows more promise of that when he actually does have a team good enough to get him to the finals, he will succeed. That's who I look at as being da real MVP.

Stop making it complicated when it's very straightforward.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    Curry has only had a team good enough around him to get to the finals once and he succeeded.

Durant has only had a team good enough around him to get to the finals once and fail.

Lebron has had a team good enough around him to get him to the finals six times and he failed 4 times.

Give me the guy that has failed less times and shows more promise of that when he actually does have a team good enough to get him to the finals, he will succeed. That's who I look at as being da real MVP.

Your trolling is shit. stop posting when the big boys are around, you'll just embarrass yourself like you did here

This dude is straight up obsessed with Finals records. Not all Finals teams are created equal, there are teams that are good enough to win the title that lose before the Finals or even in the first round, while teams like the '02/'03 Nets and '07 Cavs took advantage of straight up horrendous conferences, and in most years wouldn't come close to the Finals

You're making it complicated actually. It goes more like this: Guy had a team good enough to win it all so he won. Guy didn't have team good enough to win it all? He lost.

stupid stan

Once again, I have to repeat myself to the willingly ignorant.

All I've heard so far is "shoulda, woulda, coulda"

NBA lottery pick

This is the worst logic I've ever seen in my life...

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    It seriously is, he's basically stating the '07 Cavs were good enough to win a title, but teams like the '14 Thunder, multiple Spurs teams, Nash led Suns, '02 Kings etc weren't, with the ONLY criteria being they didn't make the Finals

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by DaOldLion
    only if you're a box score nerd who cares more about stats than winning

nobody gets shaken up by a playoff run that ended in a loss to the underdog Magic led by Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis
    Loved that series. Dwight was in his prime, and before he turned heel. Derailed the kobe/LeBron finals hype.

Yeah, it will be a disgraceful snub if Curry, who is averaging 34.1 PER for the season so far - a record-breaking seasonal PER if it extrapolates, which would one-up any season of LeBron's from that metric - and a league-leading TS%, would win it over LeBron and Durant--while also LEADING his team to a record-breaking mark.

I'd agree that it holds some parallels to Derrick Rose vs. LeBron in 2011 - except that Curry is outperforming LeBron by an even bigger gap than LeBron outperformed Rose back then.
    Last edited by Naero; 11-21-2015 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    You only refute the logic because it doesn't fit into your agenda.

It's very simple.

If you have a team good enough to get you to the finals and you as the supposed best player on the team didn't win, then YOU DIDN'T DO ENOUGH to ensure victory!

There's a reason why Jordan never choked and Curry has yet to choke.

They are winners. They made sure that they did enough that was required of them to win! What they did may vary from one finals series to the next, but the point is that they were aware of what their production levels needed to be to ensure victory.

The key to it all is getting to the finals and having a team good enough to get you there. The only exception is Lebron last year where 3 starters were injured in the finals. That's the only excuse he has. Had a chance even with those guys down to win it all but didn't win because he didn't do enough effectively. Go read 3ball's posts. He explains it very easily.

The evidence is in the fact that Jordan ensured victory of every finals he ever played in. He understood exactly what it took of him to win each and every time. He did not know how to lose.

Curry is on path to follow Jordan. He has a flawless finals record so far.

How many times does 3ball have to keep repeating the same shit and finals stats until you get it through your thick skulls? Jordan took what Kobe and Lebron did, AND DID MORE because it's what was required of him to ensure victory.

Curry is on pace to do exactly that.
    Last edited by Straight_Ballin; 11-21-2015 at 03:10 PM.