Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: Debate over. NBA admits missing call for SPURS.

What i dont get is why didnt popovoch call a tims out. Thunder turned it over after that push. Spurs had 1 timeout left .

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Kerry
    In situations like this, the Spurs should get a chance to replay the play.
    I agree, tech on manu, okc gets a ft and possession, get it done silver!

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaten
    I agree, tech on manu, okc gets a ft and possession, get it done silver!

I rule the local playground returnofthemack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    The elbow came through. That was clearly a foul.
    Clearly it was a foul. The only problem with this logic is that it completely ignores the fact that Manu committed the tech by being out of bounds before waiters elbow. Refs completely swallowed their whistles on the last play. They didn't call atleast 5 obvious fouls. Spurs have no rights to complain. Manu committed the tech first, can't miss that if your a ref. The whole thing was a cluster **** but it wuld have been far more of a travesty if OKC had lost the game because the ref missed the Manu tech.

OKC should have shot a free throw and gotten possession. Instead Spurs got the ball and had a chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by returnofthemack
    Clearly it was a foul. The only problem with this logic is that it completely ignores the fact that Manu committed the tech by being out of bounds before waiters elbow. Refs completely swallowed their whistles on the last play. They didn't call atleast 5 obvious fouls. Spurs have no rights to complain. Manu committed the tech first, can't miss that if your a ref. The whole thing was a cluster **** but it wuld have been far more of a travesty if OKC had lost the game because the ref missed the Manu tech.

OKC should have shot a free throw and gotten possession. Instead Spurs got the ball and had a chance to win.

refs tried to gift wrap that game for SA but the Spurs choked

How the thread title should read

"NBA only admits missing 1 out of 5 non-calls."

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

when people start questioning calls, to really know who should've won its necessary to review the whole game, and not just one or two calls.

Why the hell is a kobe stan rooting for the Spurs??

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by returnofthemack

Manu was 1 inch over the line. I don't think I have EVER seen that called. Had they called that the world would have blown up. That would have been worse than calling a late lane violation 3 seconds after a shooter missed. And when Waiters made contact it was 2 feet inbounds.

And that much contact during a dead ball is EASILY called a tech.

I do think the fact that the Spurs got the ball a second later negates a lot of the complaining. If they wanted a dead ball they should have called a TO, they did have one left.

No one is talking about the insane foul Ibaka put on LMA when Adams blocked the shot. Ibaka was literally IN LMAs jersey when LMA clearly had the rebound.
    Last edited by HurricaneKid; 05-03-2016 at 12:32 PM.

Local High School Star

The NBA's "office of official review" is "officially" Bush-league.

Kawhi holding Westbrook, Waiters shoving Ginobili --those in the end are variable in interpretation of whether a foul should be called or not. There are certain types of violations which are 100% non-subjective with regards to how they are to be called when they occur. Out of bounds situations leave ZERO room for (re)interpretation.

If you step on the line while handling the ball, you're out of bounds and it's a turnover.

If you step on the line while trying to pressure the person inbounding the ball, it's an automatic technical FT awarded to the offensive team and they get to inbound again.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Manu was 1 inch over the line. I don't think I have EVER seen that called. Had they called that the world would have blown up. That would have been worse than calling a late lane violation 3 seconds after a shooter missed. And when Waiters made contact it was 2 feet inbounds.

And that much contact during a dead ball is EASILY called a tech.
    His foot was well over an inch. The tip actually completely cleared the gray-colored sideline. It wasn't even close.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    If you step on the line while trying to pressure the person inbounding the ball, it's an automatic technical FT awarded to the offensive team and they get to inbound again.
    What % of the time do you believe this is called? Have you EVER seen this called?

Because defenders touch the line all the time. And demanding a tech because Manu tried to take an angle 5 feet from the inbounder shows a blatant disregard for reality.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

the sad thing is most of you schmucks don't even realize the NBA are only beginning to admit such things because it makes you the average person less susceptible to thinking the league is somewhat rigged. "Oh they admitted their mistake, SURELY they aren't influencing games" :|

shmucks

Waiters wouldn't have pushed GInobli if ginobli didn't break the rules in the first place. He had no business being to close on waiters.
    And Spurs got the ball anyways.
    Spurs fans are the biggest bitches in here.