Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Colorado boy facing felony charges in airsoft gun mishap

Quote Originally Posted by shlver
    You keep jumping from different arguments. How is it an abuse of power if what the boy did was illegal?

Says the guy who thinks getting slipped a roofie is that person's own fault for not being aware
    Doesn't matter if it was a BB or airsoft. And lmfao at barely leaving a bruise at half an inch away. This guy got shot in the eye where it can do debilitating damage.
    If you shoot a rubber band at someones eye you can cause a lot of damage. Doesn't mean you should be trying the kid for a felony. You're just playing devil's advocate and going on technicalalities in the law while blatantly ignoring the conext of the situation. It was a KID who accidently shot his friend in the eye with the equivalent of a ****ing nerf gun, and he's getting charged with a FELONY that will cause him HUGE problems later in life and ruin his future. You're a clown.

Doesn't matter if it was a BB or airsoft. And lmfao at barely leaving a bruise at half an inch away. This guy got shot in the eye where it can do debilitating damage.

Hey moron, an airsoft is NOT considered a deadly weapon so the difference absolutely matters. Its a TOY that can be bought by kids of all ages. It can barely shoot through a piece of paper.

Why are you being so stupid about this?

코비=GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    If you shoot a rubber band at someones eye you can cause a lot of damage. Doesn't mean you should be trying the kid for a felony. You're just playing devil's advocate and going on technicalalities in the law while blatantly ignoring the conext of the situation. It was a KID who accidently shot his friend in the eye with the equivalent of a ****ing nerf gun, and he's getting charged with a FELONY that will cause him HUGE problems later in life and ruin his future. You're a clown.
    I'm not advocating the decision of the DA to try it as a felony, and most of my opinions were formulated on the basis of my incorrect assumption that the gun used was a BB gun where the kid could have killed his friend. However most of your guys' arguments are just retarded and the statement that the DA's decision is an abuse of power is laughable.

코비=GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm

Hey moron, an airsoft is NOT considered a deadly weapon so the difference absolutely matters. Its a TOY that can be bought by kids of all ages. It can barely shoot through a piece of paper.

Why are you being so stupid about this?
    Not true. you have to be 18 to buy an airsoft gun. at barely shooting through paper. A projectile going at 250 fps can barely go through a piece of paper? Are you stupid?

Local High School Star

Shiiit man. No harm no foul. My buddies and I use to have huge 10 x 10 airsoft battles when we were kids.

Banned

I was shot with a pellet gun in the eye b4.

I'm not advocating the decision of the DA to try it as a felony, and most of my opinions were formulated on the basis of my incorrect assumption that the gun used was a BB gun where the kid could have killed his friend. However most of your guys' arguments are just retarded and the statement that the DA's decision is an abuse of power is laughable.
    How is it laughable? A DA has the choice to prosecute in these types of cases. Considering prosecuting this kid benefits no one, nor society as a whole, the DA certainly is abusing his power to charge the kid.

The fact that you can't get this through your head is concerning.

Again, if something comes out later that says this kid was killing cats in his basement or had a long history of violence against other kids, then sure, something has to be done. But we don't know that, so you certainly aren't basing your position on that. You come off as a highschooler going through one of those typical phases where you have to go against everything to feel different.

Not true. you have to be 18 to buy an airsoft gun. at barely shooting through paper. A projectile going at 250 fps can barely go through a piece of paper? Are you stupid?

maybe you should look in the mirror and ask the question to yourself.

the one he has shoots at cant possibly be going over 150-200 max (an average paint gun shoots at around 280) and THERE IS NO AGE LAW in the US for airsoft guns.

the news station doing the report even tested it and half the shots could not make it through a piece of paper.

did you even read the damn story?

FOX31 News tested an identical airsoft toy gun and fired it at a piece of notebook paper. Sometimes the plastic beads went through the paper and sometimes they bounced off. Firearms expert and former police officer Rich Wyatt says, “It’s a toy, it’s an airsoft gun that can be purchased in any store. You don’t have to be any age to purchase it.
    Last edited by kentatm; 02-02-2011 at 11:44 PM.

Anyone who thinks this is a justified charge, are disgusting. And part of the problem with America. We don't need the POLICE and the COURTS to settle every thing in our lives! It used to be that people argued, kids wrestled, people got hurt, people did dumb things... and that was the end of it. But there's people even in this very forum who thinks these charges are justified. A felony is a huge setback in a persons life, and in America we just throw them around like parking tickets. Why do we have such desire to put our own citizens in prison? Why can't we handle anything without the police?

JMT and others like him DISGUST me.

As for this story, THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS. I remember one time I cut my friend with an axe when we were playing with his Dad's tools. Left him a nice little scar on his arm. Good thing his parents didn't call the EMT's or I might be doing a 25-life bid at the moment.

It's disguised as order but what it really does is turn kids off to rules and the law of the land.

What a petty way to handle this dispute. If the boy says he's sorry and the other boy accepts then just drop it.

Keep the boy on a 2 year probation period and if he does something else wrong throw the book at him, if he doesn't, clear his record.

But having all these petty laws are turning our youth away from what we are supposed to be endearing them to.

The parents should be facing charges, not the child. It's their responsibility to teach gun safety, even when giving their kids airsoft guns. You never point at anything you don't intend to fire upon, and you should never fire upon other people. If the kid isn't mature enough to handle that kind of "toy" (reacting poorly to something that got him upset, and firing on another person), then that's on the parents.

Decent playground baller Immortal Bum's Avatar

No one has brought race into yet? Guess I'm right on time then.

This kid is getting off pretty easy and he should be thankful, because if he were black he would have the entire justice system thrown at him. Would most likely be locked up until 18 and then put on probation.