Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: assuming kobe comes back opening day. averages 28/6/5 and a top 5 seed

team stands no chance of a higher 4 seed so kiss your MVP dreams goodbye, kobe fanboys.

Banned

Default Re: assuming kobe comes back opening day. averages 28/6/5 and a top 5 seed

once again there is no mvp talk. that achilles tendon will snap right back i guarantee you. once you go through it it is not for rigorous stress, not for grandma's, not for anyone. we are wishful thinking. he is done.

Local High School Star thabisyo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawke812
    Grag Ogden hurts Lebron's chances of another MVP.
    I dont agree with you but I do believe that he cares more about the DPOY and the FMVP that regular season MVP. He needs to get that DPOY now

I think its Durants time...

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Shaq deserved one in his career too.. for extenuating circumstances. He missed a lot of games, had Kobe so niether was considered for a while there(they like giving it to the sole superstar that carried defensive role players aka scrubs).. and he only deserved 1 mvp.

So what? Doesnt mean Shaq wasnt a great player, just means he didnt fulfill the criteria as well as some players that were worse than him, like AI getting it because he was the lone superstar, or Nash getting it.. or derrick rose getting it. They were all worse players that happened to win the award.. so who cares? They just fulfilled the criteria better. Didnt have as much impact on the court
    Shaq, probably deserved 2, and could have gotten 3, if going by the unwritten criteria of the media was followed. Shaq has more of a case to this than Kobe.

I never said Kobe wasn't great, and if you took my first post in this thread as serious, then good for you...
    Fact is, Kobe fans constantly get on this parade of Kobe deserving more than hes gotten, when its not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Yes.

Go through history and find me a time where a player not in the top 3 seed in their conference has won an MVP. Kobe's not special, or any different. The criteria for MVP has always been the same pretty much.
    Some guy named Kareem...

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Some guy named Kareem...
    Exactly. You need to go back 30+ years to find a case of it happening.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Exactly. You need to go back 30+ years to find a case of it happening.
    and when was the last time a guy played at the level of kobe bryant in his 17th year

same dude... coincidence?

Lebron averages similar statistics with the best record in the league. The MVP would go to Bron because of the better record.

Lakers ain't making 5th seed too, I can see them sneaking in again for a low seed, but 5th is a pipe dream.

I predict somebody like Durant winning the MVP anyway, voters fatigue has got to kick in sometime now, surely.

Local High School Star SpurrDurr's Avatar

In the next 2 years Durant and Lebron will win one MPV each.

If Kobe manages to have 18-20 ppg 5 assists and a decent % after being back from a serious injury i'll really be happy, i want him still being competitive when he ll retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Wavves
    Lebron averages similar statistics with the best record in the league. The MVP would go to Bron because of the better record.

Lakers ain't making 5th seed too, I can see them sneaking in again for a low seed, but 5th is a pipe dream.

Lakers can make a 5th seed this year and I see it happening

The biggest difference between this years team and last years team is that we don't have any scrubs on this current roster like Metta, Morris, Jamison, Duhon, Ebanks, and Goudelock... All proven players or potentially really good players this time around

and numero uno why the Lakers will be better than last year. Dantoni doesn't have to cater to Dwight Coward's needs anymore. No more forced cringeworthy 0 post move bichass attempts from the worst offensive big in the league. Kobe and Nash get similar ball time and when they're cold, Wes, Nick, and Pau can show up.

It's criminal how underrated the lakers are after losing that pusy fuc boi dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by LosScandalous

Lakers can make a 5th seed this year and I see it happening

The biggest difference between this years team and last years team is that we don't have any scrubs on this current roster like Metta, Morris, Jamison, Duhon, Ebanks, and Goudelock... All proven players or potentially really good players this time around

and numero uno why the Lakers will be better than last year. Dantoni doesn't have to cater to Dwight Coward's needs anymore. No more forced cringeworthy 0 post move bichass attempts from the worst offensive big in the league. Kobe and Nash get similar ball time and when they're cold, Wes, Nick, and Pau can show up.

It's criminal how underrated the lakers are after losing that pusy fuc boi dwight.
    Lakers played some of the worst defense in the league last year, especially on the perimeter. You can hate on Dwight all you like for playing like shit if that's what you think, but his impact inside was HUGE. I'm not sure where I saw the statistics, but I read that statistically the Lakers inside defense was better than Houston's all year with Asik, and one of the best in the league. Dwight made the Lakers defense statistically overall one of the better defensive teams. Without him you will play terrible defense inside and out, you really will. This is why I think you will not make it any higher than a 7th seed.

so lets get this straight
    you and all the other kobe N uthuggers believe that
    Kobe will get MVP

SO REPLACING Howard with Kaman,Gasol getting older and slower as well as Nash,losing Hill and MWP

Having almost absolutely 0 defense

will somehow make the Lakers better and go from a 6th seed barely to one of the top 4-5 best teams in the league

The only way Kobe wins MVP is if the entire media is on Kobes nuts or Laker biased which for the most part it is,but at the same time the MVP would get laughed at and disgraced if it happened

Youre saying that LAL will have a better record than SA,OKC,Mia,CHI,IND,LAC,GS,BKN,MEM

all while most of those teams improved and had better records than the Lakers last year with Dwight Howard

Bc there is absolutely no way you can give MVP to somebody whos not a top 5 team at least
    just bc they came back from injury and on top of that are still putting up inferior stats to other MVP candidates

LAL still have D'Antoni,They lost their frontcourt bench,and have gotten way less defense

Nick Young may be able to score,certainly not efficiently but the starting 5 has basically 0 defense and is old

Nash,Kobe,Gasol,Kaman
    all 30 plus,their bench is horrible
    and for the Lakers just to make the playoffs last year with Howard and a healthy Kobe
    Kobe was playing 43-48 min a game along with
    Howard and Gasol and Nash logging heavy min

and now you replace Howards defense with Kamans

Kobe Fans,logic,common sense,reality,NOT EVEN ONCE

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

If Kobe comes back, goes apeshit like you said at 28/6/6, especially if its good efficiency, and his team wins 55 games, then yeah, he'll get it. But the likelihood of that happening is slimmer than LeBron evolving into a better player and Miami winning close to 70 games.