Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-12-2009, 12:43 AM   #16
DreamShake24
Banned

Default Re: ESPN: Shaq says Kobe is better than LeBron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
And Shaq also said that he wanted to play in Cleveland. I hope he will be traded to the Cavaliers, so that LeBron will carry his @$$ to the NBA Finals.
and shoot 35% again?

Until LeBron knows how to hit a jump shot, There will be no ring for him. Unless he plays with an MVP big man like a Yao Ming.
DreamShake24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:44 AM   #17
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar24
Have you not seen the comments above your post? No one is taking him seriously...
I must admit, I only read the OP.

RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:47 AM   #18
Lebron23
2nd Greatest Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamShake24
and shoot 35% again?

Until LeBron knows how to hit a jump shot, There will be no ring for him. Unless he plays with an MVP big man like a Yao Ming.

Mo Williams > Larry Hughes. Last year LeBron scored 45 points againts the best defensive team in the NBA.

Yao Ming is still a 2nd round virgin because the Rockets don't have a Great Point Forward in their starting lineup.

Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:48 AM   #19
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamShake24
and shoot 35% again?

That 35-percent was good enough to give the Celtics their toughest challenge in the playoffs and had a chance to win in Boston in Game 7 with under five minutes to play.

LeBron James-led teams have done pretty damn well in the playoffs thus far in his career.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:49 AM   #20
DreamShake24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Mo Williams > Larry Hughes. Last year LeBron scored 45 points againts the best defensive team in the NBA.

Yao Ming is still a 2nd round virgin because the Rockets don't have a Great Point Forward in their starting lineup.

He scored 45..Yet his team still loss. Nice individual accomplishment there, Is your boy LeBron idoling Allen Iverson or something?
DreamShake24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:51 AM   #21
Fatal9
owwwww

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
That 35-percent was good enough to give the Celtics their toughest challenge in the playoffs and had a chance to win in Boston in Game 7 with under five minutes to play.
I think everyone would agree that Boston wasn't playing well during that stretch of the playoffs. Hawks ended up taking them to 7 games but no one is giving Joe Johnson credit that Cavs fans want Lebron to get (JJ had a better series statistically too). I recall Ray Allen having trouble with his shot during the first two series too.
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:52 AM   #22
Smokee
Banned

If Shaq were playing with Lebron right now he would've said Lebron > Kobe. Just like he said Wade > Kobe when he was in Miami. Then they made up, and the feud died, Shaq got traded and then jumped back on Kobe's nuts. He probably does want to catch a free ride to another Championship, knowing Bynum just got hurt, and they got room for his fat ass.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:52 AM   #23
Biddy77
Keyless' gimmick acct

instead of turning this into a lebron vs kobe debate...

lets take a time out from that bulls**t and give Mo some love for destroying people this year!*

(*and acknowledge that he did the same thing in a Bucks' jersey)
Biddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:55 AM   #24
Fatal9
owwwww

He scored 45 but it wasn't very efficient (didn't even shoot 50%) and ended up dominating the ball way too much. He did have a very impressive stretch in the fourth quarter though where he was making ridiculous shots. Pierce had a better game than him though (43 points) and Lebron checked him for most of the game. Lets not forget the other side of the story here...
Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:00 AM   #25
Indian guy
NBA sixth man of the year

You know who actually doesn't believe Kobe > LeBron? Kobe fans. Why else would they fear and obsess over #23 so much?
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:03 AM   #26
Odomize

Does Shaq says this in all seriousness? I mean, he joke all the time, who knows these latest 'I love Kobe' campaign is a big sarcastic joke.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:09 AM   #27
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal9
I think everyone would agree that Boston wasn't playing well during that stretch of the playoffs. Hawks ended up taking them to 7 games but no one is giving Joe Johnson credit that Cavs fans want Lebron to get (JJ had a better series statistically too). I recall Ray Allen having trouble with his shot during the first two series too.
Trying to compare the Hawks-Celtics series to the Cavs-Celtics series is not going to turn out well for your unbiased viewpoints.

The Celtics absolutely destroyed the Hawks in every game in Boston. While the series went seven games, the Celtics were never in serious jeopardy of losing that series.

The Cavs, on the other hand, had chances to win late in the games in Boston, with the exception of Game 2 (which ended 89-73). Every other game in Boston was nip-and-tuck. In fact, the Cavs' three wins in Cleveland were much more decisive than 3-of-4 of the games in Boston.

It was clear throughout that series that those teams were not far apart. For the majority of the series, neither team saw a lead in the double-digits... It usually lingered around five one way or the other.

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 02-12-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:12 AM   #28
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I must admit, I only read the OP.

Yeah there's a reason why the title under the OP's username says "Biased Kobe fan" I'll reserve judgment on who deserves the MVP award because the season is not over yet but at this point, LeBron is the front runner. I bet Shaq can't even provide any logical reason for picking Kobe over LeBron for MVP...the guy is just talking out of his ass (as always).
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:14 AM   #29
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

This is the third time this year Shaq has said this and it's the third time ESPN has reported it. Why???
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:17 AM   #30
eliteballer
NBA All-star

Quote:
If Sunday's Cavaliers-Lakers game wasn't enough evidence, take Shaquille O'Neal's word for it.

"Kobe Bryant is better."

LeBron James? He's pretty good, too. But Kobe is the best the Big Diesel has ever played with.

"Kobe's probably a 10," O'Neal said Tuesday night. "LeBron's a 9.7, 9.8. He's a fabulous player who does it the right way and gets everybody involved. Those guys [Cavaliers] are playing at a very, very high level right now because of him."

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index...._westlake.html
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: