Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #1
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

Default Grizz veto Amare offer; Working on 3way with PHX and Miami

Quote:
PHILADELPHIA — Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley acknowledged his recent involvement in trade discussions regarding All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire and said he rejected the Phoenix Suns’ proposal.

“We had conversations,” Heisley said Wednesday, confirming a Yahoo Sports report that Phoenix owner Robert Sarver initiated contact with Memphis. “But there is no deal on the table. I think they’ll go somewhere else.”

Mark Duncan / Associated Press

Phoenix Suns forward Amare Stoudemire is on the trading block, and Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley said he’s had talks with the Suns’ ownership but rejected an offer the team made.

Heisley didn’t discuss specifics about the talks, only saying that he spoke with Sarver twice and the Suns were firm in their requirements for dealing Stoudemire.

While it appears the Grizzlies’ chances of acquiring Stoudemire have reached slim to none, they may still be involved in more than cursory discussions on another front.

Several NBA insiders asserted that Phoenix and Miami would like Memphis to facilitate a deal that would send Stoudemire to South Beach. One scenario has the Griz possibly acquiring Heat rookie forward Michael Beasley in the three-way transaction.

The NBA trade deadline is Feb.19.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...udemire-offer/

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=d93qbm

I'm guessing the deal looked a little like that. If so I'm not sure why the Grizz would be the ones saying no. Beasley and Mayo could be a hell of a duo in a few years, and compliment each other a lot better than Gay and Mayo do.

Edit: I adjusted the trade to send Daequan Cook to Memphis. And I'm not sure if this was the offer, this was just something that made a little sense to me.

Last edited by 2LeTTeRS : 02-12-2009 at 04:31 PM.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Default Re: Report: Grizz reject offer to send Gay to PHX, Amare to Miami, & Beasly to Memphis

because they are giving up Conley Warrick and Gay for Beasley essentially, as Tucker and Amundson won't be much and Marion is an expiring contract. That's bad for Memphis.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: Report: Grizz reject offer to send Gay to PHX, Amare to Miami, & Beasly to Memphis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=cdo9bf

I'm guessing the deal looked a little like that. If so I'm not sure why the Grizz would be the ones saying no. Beasley and Mayo could be a hell of a duo in a few years, and compliment each other a lot better than Gay and Mayo do.

I wouldn't trade Gay for Beasly, no way. There is no way to tell if Beasley is just young, or if he's always going to be this lax. His upside is not that much greater that i'd do that.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:31 PM   #4
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Report: Grizz reject offer to send Gay to PHX, Amare to Miami, & Beasly to Memphi

How bout this deal?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=dmzrfl
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #5
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

I didn't know Beasley was involved. I just skimmed over that article this morning and didn't see anything about Miami being involved. Anyway, if Memphis had to give up Gay, Warrick and Conley just for Beasley, then I can see why Memphis said no.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #6
statman32
7-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Report: Grizz reject offer to send Gay to PHX, Amare to Miami, & Beasly to Memphi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I didn't know Beasley was involved. I just skimmed over that article this morning and didn't see anything about Miami being involved. Anyway, if Memphis had to give up Gay, Warrick and Conley just for Beasley, then I can see why Memphis said no.
Gay/Jaric for Beasley/Tucker?
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #7
Interminator
Banned

Why would the Grizzlies want Beasley?

Rudy Gay is better than Michael Beasley and trading Gay for Beasley would make absolutely no sense at all.

Why are we always linked with stupid trades?
Why do we always hesitate on the good trades?

2 summers ago we could have moved Pau Gasol for Luol Deng & Ben Gordon.
2 months ago we could have moved Mike Conley for Joe Alexander & Ramon Sessions.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:48 PM   #8
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Why would the Grizzlies want Beasley?

Rudy Gay is better than Michael Beasley and trading Gay for Beasley would make absolutely no sense at all.

Why are we always linked with stupid trades?
Why do we always hesitate on the good trades?

2 summers ago we could have moved Pau Gasol for Luol Deng & Ben Gordon.
2 months ago we could have moved Mike Conley for Joe Alexander & Ramon Sessions.

Don't remind me. I'm still so pissed that Paxson turned that trade down.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #9
PleezeBelieve
Thunder it DOWN, Dion!

lol @ the OP overrating Beasley.
PleezeBelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #10
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

I edited the deal in the OP a little bit, let me know what you think on that one.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #11
Godfather
Banned

Gay + Mayo= Terrible team...

Wouldn't take much for Beasley + Mayo to be better.

But having said that Gay is worth more than Beasley right now (not by much Gay has been having a bad season).
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #12
catzhernandez
Underrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Raps get Raped.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #13
Godfather
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Raps get Raped.

What because the stupid machine says -8 wins???

Barbosa/Marion>>Barg/neverthereO'Neal
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #14
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...tradeId=d93qbm

Edit: I adjusted the trade to send Daequan Cook to Memphis. And I'm not sure if this was the offer, this was just something that made a little sense to me.

man, two guys who dont really pass the ball much (mayo & beasley or mayo&gay, doesnt matter)

plus: i see beasley sticking to the outside very often, he likes to shoot jumpshots.
what does mayo do? of course, the same.
Both of em can take it to the bucket with emphasis whenever they want to, but they tend to fall in love with the outside shot. I dont see how that can complement each other more then Rudy & Mayo
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:05 PM   #15
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
Gay + Mayo= Terrible team...

Wouldn't take much for Beasley + Mayo to be better.

But having said that Gay is worth more than Beasley right now (not by much Gay has been having a bad season).
And Beasley hasn't?

Your an idiot but worst of all is that you are an idiotic clown.

18.8/5.7 per game is a bad season?

Shut the **** up you fool.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: