Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seriously?

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Default Re: Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    Pretty sure that in his first round exits he only lost to a team with a worse record once and that was Golden State.

And four of their seven first round losses came at the hands of the Lakers or Spurs.

Also, who can win with Melo?
    I'll bring it up again. Which fan base would be ok with a coach who loses in the playoffs over and over and over?

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    I'll bring it up again. Which fan base would be ok with a coach who loses in the playoffs over and over and over?
    I'm not sure but did the team lose or did the coach? I'm pretty sure they both lost. I'm not saying to bring back Karl. What I am saying is that the grass isn't always greener. I would be more concerned with the FOs inability to field a team that could win. Look at them now. Shaw? No, he's not a good head coach. McGee's contract? Their roster isn't any good. Again, it's not just Karl, it's usually a combination of things. Trying to win with Melo and building a team around him was a huge mistake. Giving McGee any kind of contract is a huge mistake. That's all I'm saying. The grass isn't always greener.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan

A smaller market team.

The GM has its job to do. And unless people become highly scrutnize over personnel roles and salary. The coach isnt able to do much.

I'll say this though.

teams/franchises who rely heavily upon their local tickets holders over those tv viewing fans. (Think the actual city in which the arena is located in comparison to fans who live within the states, yet are unablw to attend games regularly)

May over pay own drafted players or free agents.

I do think that letting karl go was moving towards the right direction.

But I also wouldnt be surprised of the fans/owner being content of all those years making it into the playoff.

If anything, it made melos departure a lot less painful.

2 cents

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat
    A smaller market team.

Still would like to know which teams this refers to? Which fan bases of small
    Market teams would be ok keeping the coach (whether it's his fault or not) if they lose in the playoffs every year?

Faried just became available, unless he magically becomes a stretch 4