Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Orealius
    I have 18 points total. How much do you have?
    I have 26.

You now have 19. ;)

Banned

And...what does that mean? If it really meant nothing this thread would not have been started. If something doesn't mean anything to me I'm not going to start a thread about it.
    It's not the reps themselves. Of course I don't care. I'm basically untouchable. It wouldn't affect me, even if I cared. I'm making a point to, a, show how stupid reputation is, and b, to discourages hit-and-run neg reps and encourages face to face working out of grudges. It's better for the board.

Fire Dwane Casey

geeWiz, can you answer this for me.

someone yesterday sopposeably gave me a good rep i think because from their comment, but it showed up as a grey box, what does that mean?

Very good NBA starter

Well, since you made a thread about reputations, I have a couple of questions: How do you know when you get a good rep?... And If I havent seen any good/bad rep in my user CP does that just mean I havent gotten any?

I'm simple-minded

it means they don't have enough posts to start giving reps

Good High School Starter Voice of Reason's Avatar

How did he get 41 rep pts? Who was the little hoes giving him positive reps?

Banned

Who knows? I appreciate the love, but if I make a good post, either leave your name on the rep, or PM me, or tell me in the post. same story if I make a bad post.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
    From being a good poster. Something you are not.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by geeWiz15
    It's not the reps themselves. Of course I don't care. I'm basically untouchable. It wouldn't affect me, even if I cared. I'm making a point to, a, show how stupid reputation is, and b, to discourages hit-and-run neg reps and encourages face to face working out of grudges. It's better for the board.

Ok, I agree with that.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease boshraptor4life's Avatar

Cause discussion isn't possible if the proper response to disagreement isn't to talk about it. Nowadays the proper response to disagreement is to leave a negative rep that the person will never see and that won't affect them. It's a stupid system but if it's going to exist we should at least use it correctly.

Oh yeah AND it's anonymous. Total ***** move. What a horrible system. Discourages discussion, doesn't really affect anything, and for those of you who DO care about their reputation, it's possible to ruin that reputation without ever showing your face. The internet is anonymous enough as it is. It's dumb, get rid of it.
    Anyways, how many do you have geeWiz? So basically no one can give you negative rep now, even if you act like a complete moron all the time since you have the highest rep. That is not a very concrete system.

EDIT: Ok saw that 41pts. after.

Fire Dwane Casey

Quote Originally Posted by IamtheWalrus
    it means they don't have enough posts to start giving reps
    well in the comment, it was a poster who has over 1000 posts, unless they are lying about themselves

Good High School Starter Voice of Reason's Avatar

Who knows? I appreciate the love, but if I make a good post, either leave your name on the rep, or PM me, or tell me in the post. same story if I make a bad post.
    I only give positive reps. If a negative rep needs to be given I'll pass up the option of giving you one and just roast you via post. Thats my negative rep. 41pts is ridiculous. Amazing how you get pos reps for crap and others get snubbed. Gotta love the pansies on this board.

Intelligent fan

I think Gobb gave me this one
    you aint nothin but a beeetch, and you know that

Fire Dwane Casey

by the way, i had 12 points before, how did it go down to 4 points?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease boshraptor4life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoRapz
    well in the comment, it was a poster who has over 1000 posts, unless they are lying about themselves
    I was sure that the grey boxes only were from people who had red reps themselves. So they can't go being idiots giving bad rep. Makes more sense that way.