Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2007, 03:56 PM   #1
truwarrior93
Not airballing my layups anymore
 
truwarrior93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: s@ct0wn
Posts: 121
Question arroyo or banks?

well we really dont have a back-up for mike so i thoght up a few trades

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...9~19&te=&cash=

also in this deal we can let arroyo go if we don't like him and the other 2 r also free-agents for cap space next summer.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...:21-2009&cash=

this deal has a good chance of hapening too cuz if yall remember phoenix was trying to sign salmons last summer but when he signed with kings they settled for marcus.
truwarrior93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 07:35 PM   #2
truwarrior93
Not airballing my layups anymore
 
truwarrior93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: s@ct0wn
Posts: 121
Default Re: arroyo or banks?

comments anyone?
truwarrior93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:08 PM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year
 
bigboi_baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cold side of the pillow
Posts: 5,100
Default Re: arroyo or banks?

I wouldn't want to pick up Banks, his contract still has 4 years left and he's just overpaid bench player who got money based on non existent potential.

As for the other deal, Ariza and Arroyo are a couple of decent bench players with reasonable deals. If possible, I'd switch SAR/Douby with K9 and throw in a 2nd rounder to make it fair. Then it would be a great deal for the Kings. After seeing the Lewis signing, its obvious that the Magic don't understand Salary Cap rules and luxury tax, so they might just fall for it.

I'm not quite sure how much better Arroyo or Banks is then Douby (who hasn't really been given a shot to get the backup PG position yet).

Then again, I've always liked Arroyo after he dismantled Team USA a few seasons ago. He's got skill but he gets out of control at times. He could turn out to be a Jason Williams type of player.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:34 PM   #4
truwarrior93
Not airballing my layups anymore
 
truwarrior93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: s@ct0wn
Posts: 121
Cool Re: arroyo or banks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
I wouldn't want to pick up Banks, his contract still has 4 years left and he's just overpaid bench player who got money based on non existent potential.

As for the other deal, Ariza and Arroyo are a couple of decent bench players with reasonable deals. If possible, I'd switch SAR/Douby with K9 and throw in a 2nd rounder to make it fair. Then it would be a great deal for the Kings. After seeing the Lewis signing, its obvious that the Magic don't understand Salary Cap rules and luxury tax, so they might just fall for it.

I'm not quite sure how much better Arroyo or Banks is then Douby (who hasn't really been given a shot to get the backup PG position yet).

Then again, I've always liked Arroyo after he dismantled Team USA a few seasons ago. He's got skill but he gets out of control at times. He could turn out to be a Jason Williams type of player.

no way!, banks is the perfect compliment to bibby's offense with his defense and can stroke the 3 ball, and arroyo can distribute the rock excellently while shooting the occaisional jumper.
truwarrior93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:22 PM   #5
Chalkmaze
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,797
Default Re: arroyo or banks?

You don't want Arroyo... that guy is a cancer. He has some abilities, but he's a mental case, so much so that he shouldn't even be in the league.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 03:35 PM   #6
truwarrior93
Not airballing my layups anymore
 
truwarrior93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: s@ct0wn
Posts: 121
Default Re: arroyo or banks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
You don't want Arroyo... that guy is a cancer. He has some abilities, but he's a mental case, so much so that he shouldn't even be in the league.

well i prefer banks either way because of his excellent d which would compliment bibby's offense, and he can hit 3's all day.
truwarrior93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:00 PM   #7
Targus™
National High School Star
 
Targus™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sacramento,CA
Posts: 1,943
Default Re: arroyo or banks?

hell no! neither...
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:02 PM   #8
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year
 
bigboi_baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cold side of the pillow
Posts: 5,100
Default Re: arroyo or banks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truwarrior93
well i prefer banks either way because of his excellent d which would compliment bibby's offense, and he can hit 3's all day.
Banks contract isn't worth taking on.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:19 PM   #9
truwarrior93
Not airballing my layups anymore
 
truwarrior93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: s@ct0wn
Posts: 121
Default Re: arroyo or banks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Banks contract isn't worth taking on.

he's the perfect fit for the kings with his d along with cisco,and artest thats some great perimiter defense and inside (if he devolops some more) we got justin defending the hoop. Plus if u don't like his contract the arroyo deal there all free agents including carlos next summer if we let him go it's cap room.
truwarrior93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:21 PM   #10
truwarrior93
Not airballing my layups anymore
 
truwarrior93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: s@ct0wn
Posts: 121
Default Re: arroyo or banks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
hell no! neither...

well then smart guy who's gonna back up mike at the one? douby?
truwarrior93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:19 PM   #11
BradMiller52
Kings fan
 
BradMiller52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I wanna get paid like Mikki
Posts: 2,270
Default Re: arroyo or banks?

Eventually we're gonna have to see if Douby can play or if he can't. I say give him a chance. It's bettter than taking on Banks contract or Arroyo who plays wild/out of control+mental case. If he can't play we can always get a Banks(when his contract is only 3 years, not 4) or Arroyo. If he can play then it makes no sense to acquire one of these guys and pay them to sit on the bench while Douby get's Mike's back up minutes.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:30 PM   #12
truwarrior93
Not airballing my layups anymore
 
truwarrior93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: s@ct0wn
Posts: 121
Default Re: arroyo or banks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Eventually we're gonna have to see if Douby can play or if he can't. I say give him a chance. It's bettter than taking on Banks contract or Arroyo who plays wild/out of control+mental case. If he can't play we can always get a Banks(when his contract is only 3 years, not 4) or Arroyo. If he can play then it makes no sense to acquire one of these guys and pay them to sit on the bench while Douby get's Mike's back up minutes.

i agree, although quincy is not gonna be no scoring gaurd like hibachi cuz he's a natraul undersized shooting gaurd..... like a very poor man's ben gordon; so now we'll just have to play the wait and see game with him and the new signing of mustafa shakur, but i still would like to see marcus in a kings uniform.
truwarrior93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:47 PM   #13
Targus™
National High School Star
 
Targus™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sacramento,CA
Posts: 1,943
Default Re: arroyo or banks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truwarrior93
well then smart guy who's gonna back up mike at the one? douby?

they have to give him a chance eventually, even if he doesn't succeed at that role he's still worth a try. but why take either of the two you mentioned, i don't see much up-side in them. salmons will obviously help out at the 1, and Francisco Garcia has shown he can handle the ball and bring it up court.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:51 PM   #14
truwarrior93
Not airballing my layups anymore
 
truwarrior93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: s@ct0wn
Posts: 121
Default Re: arroyo or banks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
they have to give him a chance eventually, even if he doesn't succeed at that role he's still worth a try. but why take either of the two you mentioned, i don't see much up-side in them. salmons will obviously help out at the 1, and Francisco Garcia has shown he can handle the ball and bring it up court.

well first of all the only point gaurd and even he is a 2 gaurd in a points body is bibby, also these arn't the only 2 pg's out there to get, there's seattle who wants to get rid of either watson, ridnour or west so there's another possibility.

and here's the deal

watson deal
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/feature...te=&cash=23:25

i could not succeed in trading for delonte, or luke.
truwarrior93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:19 PM   #15
BradMiller52
Kings fan
 
BradMiller52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I wanna get paid like Mikki
Posts: 2,270
Default Re: arroyo or banks?

I don't really see the point of that for us. I mean Watson is in his prime and he's not great or anything. Atleast Douby has potential to get better in the future.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:10 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy