Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-24-2011, 11:32 PM   #1
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Rose and Thibodeau

Rose is still not in his prime yet.

Need to remember that. His basketball IQ is his greatest weakness. It will get better with time. He's still learning how to play the NBA game.

He has been a horror show for the past 3 games. But he'll learn from this and get better.

As for Thibodeau, all that I can say is that management will have to upgrade the offense significantly because it's obvious to me that he doesn't care much for an offensive system. Those 2 isos for Rose late in the 4th were two of the most idiotic called plays I have seen in over 20 years of watching basketball at any level.

Does the guy not realize that LeBron is half a foot taller and just as quick as Rose? Get Deng the shot there, even Boozer cutting to the basket.

Thibodeau is a great defensive coach, but that's it. He needs an offense guy like Doc Rivers needed a defense guy when he went to the Celtics.

The entire offensive system needs to be replaced. Both in personnel and in coaching.

This is painful.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 04:02 AM   #2
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Rose and Thibodeau

Thank you. I've been complaining about the Bulls offensive system for months now. I'm glad someone else sees it too. It's really embarrassing.

The Bulls don't even have a playbook. They have a play pamphlet. You can fold it out to see THREE small pages of offensive plays! And there's even room on the back of them for some defensive reminders.

We need to bring in an offensive coordinator or something to draw us up some plays.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 05:28 AM   #3
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
Thank you. I've been complaining about the Bulls offensive system for months now. I'm glad someone else sees it too. It's really embarrassing.

The Bulls don't even have a playbook. They have a play pamphlet. You can fold it out to see THREE small pages of offensive plays! And there's even room on the back of them for some defensive reminders.

We need to bring in an offensive coordinator or something to draw us up some plays.
We need some better offensive players. Bogans is just to inefficient for a guy that only takes open looks. And im talkin wide open looks.

I guess if there's a silver lineing, its that hopefully the bulls FO realizes the inepptitude at SG and act accordingly. Preferbly jason richardson.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:31 PM   #4
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Our offense needs expanding that's for sure. If we can bring in an offensive minded assistant to help out Thibs that would better our situation. A guy who's main focus is to design plays and sets to put our guys in the best situations for them to match their strengths would lead to greater success for us on that end of the floor.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:33 PM   #5
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected posterljsbb27 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
We need some better offensive players. Bogans is just to inefficient for a guy that only takes open looks. And im talkin wide open looks.

I guess if there's a silver lineing, its that hopefully the bulls FO realizes the inepptitude at SG and act accordingly. Preferbly jason richardson.

Another scorer or two would definately help us overall and I like Jason Richardson and would be open to bringing him in, but although he's a great shooter he lacks in the ballhandling and creating for others department which is something we desperately need more of.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

JRich would be a decent addition and would upgrade our outside shooting significantly which is important, but I feel there are a few options that would be better.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #7
rob30
Can barely lace up my sneakers

rob30 has an OK reputation so far

get rid of bogans(does nothing but shoot open 3's) and korver(the same as bogans and sucks defensively) and get jrich and jamal crawford.
rob30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:15 PM   #8
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Awful ending to the season for both of them.

Rose needs to get better as a basketball player. Thibodeau as a coach.

Growing pains.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 02:23 AM   #9
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Don't know what happend to my reply to your opinion about this from another thread, I probably forgot the thread title
Anyway, IMO, Thibs needs better offensive sets with multiple options but Im not sure how exactly he can squeeze practice time esp this year when he was very focussed on establishing his defensive schemes.
Hubie Brown explained that the reason they were so good defensively is because they practiced a TON of defensive drills.
Noah confirmed it by saying their defense against pick and rolls are pretty elaborate that he had trouble explaining it and that it required a lot of practice and thinking.
I don't know if you'll agree but I strongly think that the Heat's offensive sets were not that GREAT either. Same with the 08 Boston Champs.
Phil Jax became fixated with the triangle offense that he wrote a book explaining it's value. But then again, executing it required a LOT of patience and practice times and yet some stars like Rice, Payton etc couldn'[t grasp it. Again, bec they used a lot of hours to practice it, the Laker defensive schemes were not exactly great as compared to other teams. IMO, they looked adequate bec of the defensive prowess of Kobe, Fox, Ho Grant, MJ, Scottie etc.
Going further UCLA coach Ben Howland looked great installing his defensive principles enroute to 3 straight final fours but after some serious recruiting mistakes, his offensive sets looked vulnerable and predictable.
In 2005, Laker owner decided to part ways with Phil and went with Rudy Tomjanovich. He felt a 2 time champion coach can bring his great offensive mind to LA. Rudy boasted to Laker media and fans that he has about 100 offensive sets on his playbook. As you know, the team was a mess that he became so dissolusioned and quit before the regular season ended.
It's so much more than just coming up with great setplays bec it requires a lot of practice time.
The current Miami superteam, along with the 08 Celtics figured they should focus on defense and rely heavily on thier offensive abilities.
No I don't think the Bulls need a superstar SG esp if that player loves to dominate the ball, but it would really help if that SG can "make the plays" and actually nail jumpers at the same time play good defense.
Im hoping the current lineup would develop some "muscle memory" regarding their defense esp after devoting a ton of practice times this year that they can also come up with better offensive systems next year.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:55 AM   #10
BASTEY
I airball my layups

BASTEY has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
No I don't think the Bulls need a superstar SG esp if that player loves to dominate the ball, but it would really help if that SG can "make the plays" and actually nail jumpers at the same time play good defense.

That's the point why I personally would prefer OJ Mayo over JR Smith. Both have great potential, but JR Smith sometimes loves to dominate the ball and shoots crazy. OJ Mayo would improve his current situation. We would be a starter and could exploit his superstarpotential. Also he's a good ball-handler and can bring the ball to disburden Rose offensively. And additionally he's a solid defender and good friend of Derrick Rose. Overall the best option for our SG spot.
BASTEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #11
SinJackal
Banned

SinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSinJackal is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm glad to see most everyone agrees about this stuff. . .

We should make a list of possible guys we can bring in (coaches and players) to help the offense. Besides just saying we need JRich or Stephen Jackson or Jamal Crawford :X

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob30
get rid of bogans(does nothing but shoot open 3's) and korver(the same as bogans and sucks defensively) and get jrich and jamal crawford.

Um, someone who can hit open threes is a good thing. If you gasp, run plays to get the ball to open players, then it works. It's not NBA 2k dude. Not everything is guard domination off the dribble.

Korver scores well. He's good for off the bench scoring punch. Bogans defends really well. You don't need 5 great scorers on the floor at once. 3-4 is fine.

I wouldn't mind getting Jamal for backup PG instead of CJ Watson. JRich, I dunno, maybe. His defense is questionable though.
SinJackal is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: