Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-21-2009, 09:22 PM   #61
HisJoeness
ISH's Best Looking

Default Re: Inside hoops Mock NFL draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
his health is in question....and his speed...

and I think that Seattle signing TJ is a clear sign that they won't take a WR in the first...but I guess anything can happen...

His speed isn't an issue. You don't have to run like Bob Hayes to be effective. (see: Larry Fitzgerald, Jerry Rice, Anquan Boldin, Torry Holt, etc.)

Again, it would be very short-sighted for Hawks not to seriously consider Crabtree, if they stay at four. I mean who else is gonna be capable of catching the ball consistently when TJ is doubled? Burleson? The only other legit receiver is John Carlson, who is their TE. I think they need Crabtree rather badly.

But then again Jim Mora Jr. seems to have an aversion to good WR's. He'll probably try to convince the FO to draft Beanie Wells at four.
HisJoeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:23 PM   #62
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
A healthy Deion Branch? Not likely. They will cut him this off-season.

hmmmmm

i still dont think they will draft crabtreethen they will be paying 2 wr big money

but then agian it could happen
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:32 PM   #63
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisJoeness
His speed isn't an issue. You don't have to run like Bob Hayes to be effective. (see: Larry Fitzgerald, Jerry Rice, Anquan Boldin, Torry Holt, etc.)

Again, it would be very short-sighted for Hawks not to seriously consider Crabtree, if they stay at four. I mean who else is gonna be capable of catching the ball consistently when TJ is doubled? Burleson? The only other legit receiver is John Carlson, who is their TE. I think they need Crabtree rather badly.

But then again Jim Mora Jr. seems to have an aversion to good WR's. He'll probably try to convince the FO to draft Beanie Wells at four.
from a Seattle web site:

Quote:
Like his speed. Crabtree also comes up short in the burner category, usually considered mandatory for a wide receiver to be a top-five draft pick. He's fast, but is he fast enough?

Just how fast Crabtree is won't be answered this week at Lucas Oil Stadium, because he is passing on working out here after tweaking an injured ankle in the Red Raiders' loss to Mississippi in the Cotton Bowl.

Instead, he'll run the 40-yard dash and go through other drills during his Pro Day workout, set for March 26 in his hometown of Dallas.

The Seahawks will be there -- including club president Tim Ruskell -- even if it is reluctantly.

"It pisses you off," Ruskell said, not referring to Crabtree specifically but the general trend in which too many of the top players don't work out at the combine.
http://www.seattlepi.com/football/400907_hawk21.html

and he wasn't able to make his Pro Day workout...
Old 03-22-2009, 07:04 AM   #64
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
do you want them?

No, go ahead. Just don't make a stupid pick.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:26 AM   #65
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

come on let get this ****ing draft going. Can some of you help me with pm'ing the guys who are supposed to pick?

I don't see Seahawks drafting Crabtree. They have far too many needs in other positions. Raji would of been a pretty good pick but they did address DT this offseason, Monroe would of been a pretty good pick too. A speed burner would been good to pair up with TJ, macklin maybe?
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:21 AM   #66
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

Are we able to trade picks or no?
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:16 AM   #67
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Are we able to trade picks or no?

no, it will get too complicated and such.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:54 AM   #68
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I was thinking with Julian Peterson gone they could go Curry. But Crabtree is too attractive to pass up given the Seahawks WR core. Sorry adding TJ doesnt many me say the need for a playmaking WR is gone. It says you adding a vet weapon at WR but I'm still going to take the young playmaking, franchise player in Crabtree. Screw need, sometimes you can take the BPA and often the BPA is also a need as well dispite not being the bigger need to some.

Quote:
His speed isn't an issue.

It is an issue altho it shouldnt be. While you and I can list guys with not so appealing 40 times then show thier performance on the field where speed was demonstrated as they made plays if not big plays? There are people and not just fans who value speed as a big priority. It'll never end even if Crabtree owns in the NFL (which i think he will). Just how the draft and picking apart an athlete is done.

The best TE in the draft knock? His speed. And in turn does he have the ability to stretch the middle of the field. I'm with you tho that I dont think Crabtree speed is an issue. But regardless it is and will be made one unfortunately. Larry Fitz gets knocked for it because he doesnt burn DBs like Randy Moss. But Larry's success so far, his performance and that play in the SB where he went house tells me? Larry is fast enough. Thats all you got to be. Fast enough. Not the fastest.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:21 PM   #69
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

dasher

you disappoint me with your raiders pick picking andre smith

we need a run stopper like B.J. Raji or hell i would even go with WR Jeremy Maclin

with the rise of mario henderson and the signing of kahlif barnes we have already upgraded from last year we can use a second round pick on the O-line by drafting alex mack if hes there
Old 03-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #70
Dasher
7-time NBA All-Star

There are other wide-receivers in this draft, that are the equal to or superior of Jeremy Macklin, and they will be available during the second round. The Raiders defense is solid. Their O-line on the other hand is not. Alex Mack is a center-guard, and does not have the value of a stud Left Tackle.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:15 PM   #71
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
There are other wide-receivers in this draft, that are the equal to or superior of Jeremy Macklin, and they will be available during the second round. The Raiders defense is solid. Their O-line on the other hand is not. Alex Mack is a center-guard, and does not have the value of a stud Left Tackle.

raiders defense is not solid the past 2 seasons we have been ranked either last or next to last in run defense our 2 leading sacks were kalimba edwards with 5 sacks who got cut and trevor scott had 5 and was a rookie and is more sutied for passing downs

WR-ya i agree we can get one later i really like that heyward guy

and as far as mack goes we need a center beacuse jake grove is gone and we might need someone if gallery or cooper go down makes for sense to pick mack in the second round and get a DT in the first
Old 03-22-2009, 05:26 PM   #72
Dasher
7-time NBA All-Star

Tank Johnson, Marcus Tubbs, and Jovan Haye could all be cheap and effective options at the defensive tackle position. Even though the Raiders have trouble with the run, they are still a top ten passing defense. Their inability to muster a consistent offense, and their great passing defense, leads team to pound the ball against them excessively. This is a case where stats can be misleading.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #73
Brujesino
Stephen Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Tank Johnson, Marcus Tubbs, and Jovan Haye could all be cheap and effective options at the defensive tackle position. Even though the Raiders have trouble with the run, they are still a top ten passing defense. Their inability to muster a consistent offense, and their great passing defense, leads team to pound the ball against them excessively. This is a case where stats can be misleading.

none of those guys are gonna be in the long term we passed on glenn dorsey last year we cant make the same mistake this year

remember our defense in 2006 that was a superbowl defense with warren sapp in the middle we need a DT tommy kelly isnt great and terdell sands and garad warren are horrible
Old 03-22-2009, 05:48 PM   #74
Dasher
7-time NBA All-Star

In 2006 you also had the worst sack percentage in the NFL. 13 percent of passing downs ended with the quarterback on his back. No defense, no matter how good can recover from that, and neither did that one. Because of the limp offense, they were a middle of the road defense statwise. They were overworked and constantly on the field.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:52 PM   #75
-primetime-

Not sure if any ground rules have been laid down yet but I am sure there will be times when a poster isn't around to make a pick...

does 24 hours sound good???

but I am not sure how to fill in the spot...should we just use desgnate another mock draft on the net to default what the pick is and if that player is already taken then we could just default to the next prospect at the same position???

sound good???
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: