Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Stop Comparing Active Players with Legends...

Let the dust settle... I remember a decade ago the Jordan-Kobe arguments were everywhere with Kobe getting a lot of love and now Kobe is out of most people's top 10 which is crazy. Let's pump the brakes on Lebron GOAT discussions until his career is done and he's retired from the league for a few years.

Just my two cents.

Dunking on everybody in the park Tobio-Star's Avatar

Default Re: Stop Comparing Active Players with Legends...

Chill bud. It's not the end of the world if LeBron is better than Jordan. I'm sure you can get over it

Somebody younger will eventually trump lebron too. Who knows. It's inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Let the dust settle... I remember a decade ago the Jordan-Kobe arguments were everywhere with Kobe getting a lot of love and now Kobe is out of most people's top 10 which is crazy. Let's pump the brakes on Lebron GOAT discussions until his career is done and he's retired from the league for a few years.

Just my two cents.
    A decade ago was 2010. It was Jordan-LeBron arguments then too. Kobe's standing today has actually improved a little bit since then. In 2010 I had him in the top 15, now most people would say that's too far - top 12 at lowest.

We don't need to pump the brakes. We already know LeBron is the GOAT. We've seen 17 years of him. We don't need to see anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by light View Post
    A decade ago was 2010. It was Jordan-LeBron arguments then too. Kobe's standing today has actually improved a little bit since then. In 2010 I had him in the top 15, now most people would say that's too far - top 12 at lowest.

We don't need to pump the brakes. We already know LeBron is the GOAT. We've seen 17 years of him. We don't need to see anything else.
    @ the nut-riding but ok

for me it's fine. it's not possible for someone to get worse from playing more games unless someone better comes along. the people who had kobe no2 back then are not the same people who have him out of top 10 now unless they completely changed how they view basketball

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Why?
    Because with active players a lot of people compare with the end point in mind when the careers are not finished. It's all hypotheticals. People also get caught up in the moment and overreact to every little thing.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

This is Larry Bird after Jordans 48th career game in the NBA:

''I have never seen one player turn a team around like that,'' said Bird, snapping his fingers. ''All the Bulls have become better because of him. Orlando Woolridge will probably be an All-Star for the rest of his career. And pretty soon, this place will be packed every night, not just when the Celtics come to town. They`ll pay just to watch Jordan. Got to.''

Bird recently volunteered his vote for Jordan as the finest athlete he`d ever witnessed or opposed, mentioning the Bulls` electric rookie in the same monologue as Wayne Gretzky. After observing Jordan gyrate for 41 points, a game-high 12 rebounds and 7 assists Tuesday night, Bird was in no mood for second opinions.

''Best,'' said Bird. ''Never seen anyone like him. Unlike anyone I`ve ever seen. Phenomenal. One of a kind.''

In other words . . .

''One of a kind,'' he repeated. ''That`s what I mean about the league. With guys like him coming in from college year after year, we just can`t help but get a better image, better crowds, better TV ratings. He`s the best. Ever.''

Better than Larry Bird?

''Yup,'' said Bird. ''At his stage in his career, he`s doing more than I ever did. I couldn`t do what he did as a rookie. Heck, there was one drive tonight. He had the ball up in his right hand, then he took it down, then he brought it back up. I got a hand on it, fouled him, and he still scored. And all the while, he`s in the air. You have to play this game to know how difficult that is. You see that and figure, `Well, what the heck can you do?` ''

One of Jordan`s creations didn`t make it to the scorebook. Near the end of the first quarter, he posed at the center line, dribbling seconds away, like an airplane about to take off. Then he bore through and over a sea of green jerseys for a slam. Mike Mathis, the out official, figured something so spectacular couldn`t also be legal, so he whistled Jordan for an offensive foul.

''Best,'' repeated Bird. ''I`d seen a little of him before and wasn`t that impressed. I mean, I thought he`d be good, but not this good. Ain`t nothing he can`t do. That`s good for this franchise, good for the league.''

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Somebody younger will eventually trump lebron too. Who knows. It's inevitable.
    Of course . I’m sure the league expects someone to be everything lebron was but this time with a pure jumpshot ( pure jumpshot is a 90% ft shooter to me ). I could see it happening . Lebron is magic with Jordan’s drive for greatness with the body of dominque Wilkins .. that’s all legends .. I’d imagine up next would be a ginnais height with kd skills and the leadership or knowledge of the game like bron to be the true chosen one after lebron finishes breaking the nba .

We all know KD should have been the next one .. he had it all but he had the mind of a 15 year old girl and not a KING and it shows it their career resume .

There's always gotta be that one dickhead that comes in just to tell everyone what to talk about on a message board.

Dont like the redundant threads like most of us? Move on...

Decent college freshman

LeBron is comparable to MJ because he has arguably better stats and comparable accolades. Op you act like a player like LeBron is common. Stfu and enjoy this

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGoat View Post
    LeBron is comparable to MJ because he has arguably better stats and comparable accolades. Op you act like a player like LeBron is common. Stfu and enjoy this
    Why are you and some other people so sensitive to people having opinions? Yes I think Jordan is better than Lebron. Some others think differently. And that's ok. I just used the Jordan/Kobe/Lebron example but it applies to all active players. Let their careers finish before comparing to retired legends.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Why are you and some other people so sensitive to people having opinions? Yes I think Jordan is better than Lebron. Some others think differently. And that's ok. I just used the Jordan/Kobe/Lebron example but it applies to all active players. Let their careers finish before comparing to retired legends.
    LeBron is still being compared 10 years later. 3ball is making 3-5 threads on LeBron everyday. This is not the same as comparing Kobe to MJ and you know it

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGoat View Post
    LeBron is still being compared 10 years later. 3ball is making 3-5 threads on LeBron everyday. This is not the same as comparing Kobe to MJ and you know it
    3ball or random Lebron stans creating threads means nothing. Kobe was compared to MJ 10 years ago. I participated in arguments and tried to pump the brakes and was called a hater. Same as now... But regardless let's say Lebron is the GOAT. Let's wait for his career to finish before calling him that.