Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Default WSJ - Illegal Immigrants to be Given $450,000 Per Person

Default Re: WSJ - Illegal Immigrants to be Given $450,000 Per Person

**** this government right to hell

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

That is ****ing insane. And poor Blacks stay poor and in ghettos and without jobs.

This has got to stop. Partisanship aside, Biden is destroying this country.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    That is ****ing insane. And poor Blacks stay poor and in ghettos and without jobs.

This has got to stop. Partisanship aside, Biden is destroying this country.
    Yup. There are shithole counties in Manchin's backyard suffering from food shortages, while we waste 40% of our food every year. And we want to put tax dollars towards this shit.

Governments always seek to expand their scope of influence... their power. They will always seek to expand. Always. Always, always, always. The type of government it is absolutely does not matter. People are people and people are power hungry and psychos always try to get to the tip top.

The only way to limit this is to take away their ability to control the money supply.

Bitcoin.

The only factor left is time. It may take 100 years. It may take 10 years. I don't know. But it's coming.

Checkmate, you **** sucking mother****ers.

Why 450K? Why not a cool million? Well I'll be damned, crime does pay (yes, illegal aliens are criminals).

Seriously though, this administration is the pits, unlike anything I've ever seen. I dont know if there's any coming back from this regardless who gets elected next time.

Woah, why are illegals getting $450k before blacks get reparations? How racist.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    Why 450K? Why not a cool million? Well I'll be damned, crime does pay (yes, illegal aliens are criminals).
    I'm pretty sure if the Federal govt doesn't offer a settlement it would be. This lawsuit's been going on for a while. And it's the ACLU trying to get them paid.

https://www.aclu.org/press-releases/...n-apart-family

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

MAGAs suddenly concerned about reparations for black people.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

You get locked down for a year and get $600.....illegals get $450,000.

Welcome to Joe Biden's America. America Last.

did i wake up in the twilight zone?

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

So from this vague report it looks like it's our court system awarding these families and it's the Biden Admin who is trying to settle for as cheap as they can. But 4 years of TDS deserves 4 years of BDS I suppose and don't let me get in the way of that.

Guys, it's not about Trump or Biden. Joe Biden isnt in there calling the shots. The guy doesn't even know where he is. This is not his administration's doing, this is wealthy interests doing. And those same people are the ones who put Trump in charge in 2016. They had Trump do certain things a Democrat couldnt get away with, like lower corporate taxes, and then use him as a scapegoat later on to do things like this.

Our government is not about "one side gets spontaneously elected and tries to do it their way, then the other side happens to win an election and changes it because it's what the base wants." All this stuff is planned out. The people who get elected President are elected for us, either through manipulation and propaganda or outright vote rigging, probably a combination of both. And it always swings back and forth because there is value for people at the top in both left and right policies. But they have to make it look like voters are deciding.

If you watch interviews with Jeff Bezos, he's always talking about planning way far ahead for things. That's what smart people do tbh. They're thinking long term, big picture. People with big brains and unlimited resources can basically play God. They decide which party wins when, based on political aims they've already foreseen. They put divisive public battlegrounds like Trump and BLM and Covid into play to use them for particular goals. Whatever policies "Biden" comes up with are 100% fed to him by billionaires playing the game from behind the scenes. Same with Trump I'm sorry to say, and same with Obama and Bush and all of them. That's the nature of politics.

The real issue is the Pareto Principle. The top 20% of people in wealth and aptitude have ENORMOUS control over the plebs beneath them, by a simple law of nature. Quality > Quantity. If you're anywhere near average, or god forbid below it, you have no control over anything, PERIOD. Even in a society that gives avenues for the grassroots to theoretically take charge... they don't have the actual capacity to do so, and that's why they never do.

Choice is pretty much an illusion. Nature has already decided our collective social future just by the way traits are distributed. Aint nuttin to do but buckle up and enjoy the ride.

They are capping it at around $1 billion so that means approx 2,222 people would be getting that much. Their lawyers are requesting $3.4mill per separated family, and this was apparently the potential agreement-point in the negotiations.

It's not final yet, but I agree it should not happen. Should look into how much of that money is going to those lawyers because they are the ones pushing for it.

Regardless of whether a bulk of the settlement money goes to the lawyers or the illegal immigrants themselves, the point still stands that they tried to enter illegally. Congress should tell the lawyers to f*ck off. These are court-appointed cases that the public lawyers work on (paid for by county or state), and in many cases pro bono work private lawyers do on the side. There is no reason a penny of settlement money should go to the lawyers and the illegals should not be eligible.

Use the $1 billion for helping unite the families and sending them on their merry way if they are not eligible for refugee status. Any funds remaining, pump it back into the refugee camps to help process anyone else seeking refugee status. That's it.