Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15222324252627 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: *****All-Time NBA Players Peak Draft*****

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Match up style while providing 2 year peak stats and a general strategy for each team would be far more accurate.

Listing both of our teams head to head with stats and strategy provided would yield a much closer result than what the poll suggests. I think your team pops the most because they see Jordan as GOAT, Stockton as best passer, Robinson as most athletic center, Allen as best 3 point shooter, Wallace as a stretch 4, and kawhi as a two player and recency bias.

But it's far more nuanced than that.
    Maybe, but pairing MJ with a shooter like Ray Allen was the best possible fit, I made up for MJ's lack of 3 point shooting.

Kawhi always goes early in these drafts. He can score at an elite level, shoot the 3, play defense & not ball-dominant. He fits well with anyone, which is why I drafted him.

D-Rob was an elite 2 way center. Probably a top 5 defensive player ever in terms of impact & has an offensive game, he wasn't just "athletic".

I picked Stockton because other than his passing he is a very good defender who can hit the 3.

I value shooting & defense when I make my selections and I had defenders & shooters from every position besides the 5 spot. With MJ, Kawhi, & D-Rob I didn't really worry about drafting scorers anymore. Just drafted players who were either good shooters and/or good defenders, people with versatility (but also all-star level). Stockton was picked because I really needed a playmaker, but also provided me more.

If I had to nitpick one selection of yours it would probably be drafting Chris Mullin. Great shooter yes, but with Bird as your starting SF you were already weak at that position in terms of perimeter defense (Bird was at his best defending PFs) and drafting Mullin did you no favors in addressing that issue.
    Last edited by 1987_Lakers; 06-29-2022 at 07:25 PM.

Final results

1. 1987_Lakers - 16 votes
    2. SouBeachTalents - 5 votes
    3. Im Still Ballin & Post - 4 votes

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...?f=6&t=2207635

National High School Star

Diana Taurasi can't count the number of times she has answered this question: Could a woman play in the NBA?

She turns to U.S. teammate Sue Bird looking for an estimate. Neither can come up with a number. And then she shakes her head, an indication both of the answer that's coming and her wariness of the topic.

"If you could put me in a machine that could make me 6-foot-5 and as strong as they were, I could play in the NBA," Taurasi said. "When you talk about how physically superior they are. ... I can't help it. [Sue] can't help it. Skill-wise, knowing the game, there's no difference between men and women ... it would be really hard. It's a long shot."

Former Los Angeles Lakers star Kobe Bryant said he believes that there are three WNBA players who could play in the NBA right now.

"I think there are a couple of players who could play in the NBA right now, honestly," Bryant told CNN when asked whether there might be a day when his daughter could play in the same league in which he was a five-time champion and 18-time All-Star selection during his 20 seasons with the Lakers. "There's a lot of players with a lot of skill that could do it.

"Diana Taurasi, Maya Moore, Elena Delle Donne. There's a lot of great players out there, so they could certainly keep up with them."

final results

black mamba has voted

I stand corrected, thread was bumped by a random poster, giving it some more votes and analysis from posters. I waited until the thread went to the 2nd page to post full results.

Final Results

1. 1987_Lakers - 19 votes
    2. SouBeach - 8 votes
    3. Im Still Ballin - 5 votes
    4. post - 4 votes
    5. John & Shooter - 3 votes
    Tied for last - Wally, AlternativeAcc, & iamgine - 2 votes

https://forums.realgm.com/boards/vie...?f=6&t=2207635

I didn't bother to vote but also...meh Jordan fanboys ruining everything is something we all saw coming.

Your thread on RealGM is skewed because you didn't specify that it was player peaks. In fact, the specification of player peaks probably ruined this entire thing to begin with.

Also, in what ****ing realm of existence does Chauncey Billups start over Gary Payton? What the actual ****...

What would actually be funny is if you re-did this draft but allowed the same player to be drafted multiple times across multiple years.

I pick 2013 LeBron. Next guy picks 2009 LeBron, etc.

Banned

pg - 2020 lebron
    sg - who cares
    sf - 2009 lebron
    pf - 2013 lebron
    c - 2022 lebron

Facts Are Misleading

Whoever team 9 is on real GM gets my vote. That team makes a lot of sense if you switch out Mutombo and put in Rodman and bring Mutombo off the bench in today's NBA.

I really lost to a dude with a WNBA player on his team.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post
    Your thread on RealGM is skewed because you didn't specify that it was player peaks.
    "All players are in their peaks". I said it in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

Also, in what ****ing realm of existence does Chauncey Billups start over Gary Payton? What the actual ****...
    I can kind of see the reasoning, Billups gives you shooting that Payton doesn't, he's also a good defender himself, just not on GP's level.

Starting GP with Duncan & Walton already in the lineup doesn't give you enough spacing.

Quote Originally Posted by John8204 View Post
    I didn't bother to vote but also...meh Jordan fanboys ruining everything is something we all saw coming.
    a lebron jokester gets lebron at 1 and op gets jordan at 2

nothing fishy there

giving the benefit of the doubt a random generator was used but probably no way of verifying that

could've pointed this and other things out from the start but didn't care enough as i only took it half seriously

op seems very committed though to showing everyone he "won" despite making me look like an idiot the way he designed my lineup

Quote Originally Posted by post View Post

You drafted a girl and have the audacity to complain how I set up your lineup. Lmao
    Last edited by 1987_Lakers; 06-30-2022 at 01:07 PM.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    I can kind of see the reasoning, Billups gives you shooting that Payton doesn't, he's also a good defender himself, just not on GP's level.

Starting GP with Duncan & Walton already in the lineup doesn't give you enough spacing.
    Lol, this is why you can't draft cohesive teams and expect people to understand. Most people are just too low IQ

Billups won a FMVP averaging 47% from 3 in the series. He's one of the clutchest players ever. He fits better with my starting lineup.

It's not to say in certain matchups I wouldn't put GP in for 20 or 30 mins either. But he wouldn't be starting. GP is actually a scoring sparkplug off the bench... everybody thinks defense but he was a near elite scorer in the late 90s... he's just not a guy who would be spacing the floor as well as Billups.

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

I am curious to see what ISH thinks though, most aren't viewing this thread and memorizing whose team is whose so you could make a thread.

Your team would still get the most votes I'm sure but I'd like to see what ish thinks.

There's literally zero chance I have the worst team so the credibility of that poll is not there.