Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 04-23-2008, 04:07 AM   #16
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kobe: Kupchak goes from F to A+

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
OR trade clauses

OR money!
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:09 AM   #17
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
OR money!

hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:41 AM   #18
Emile
National High School Star

Emile is a pretty well-respected posterEmile is a pretty well-respected posterEmile is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Maybe its just me but some of these quotes from Kobe are pissing me off lol.

"Goes from an F to an A+"? So he was an F before? Come on Kob, at least give him credit for not making a trade for the sake of making a trade and landing us someone like JO or trading Bynum off or something? I mean if we are at this point right now, he must have been doing something right back then (Patience with the young guys, not dismantling the team, etc)...sometimes the best move is one you dont make.

And no need to bring back some of the Caron stuff or that "pressure to make a diamond" quote

Well, it's the matter of context, I think. Kobe said Kupchak went from F to A in HIS BOOK. I can relate to that since my book writes pretty much the same lol.
That only means that Kobe is speaking for himself, that he considered Mitch to be an F,not that Mitch in general was an F. If you know what I mean.
He did also say a few months ago that he's happy he wasn't a GM, obvious dig at himself there so I pretty much think he's speaking for himself only, not in general terms.
As it turned out, Mitch was smart all along, Kobe was a fool, seems that way now.
But I have no doubt that Kobe considered Mitch to be an F and a terrible incompetent GM before.

But funny how things work out. And for the best.
Emile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:51 AM   #19
Purple Reign
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Purple Reign has not been impressing people

I would hope Kobe would think enough of his team to take the cut, ala the Big Cactus when he was in Miami, but if that did happen, I hope the FO would spend the money wisely.
Purple Reign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:37 AM   #20
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Fedor - Laker has an OK reputation so far

Kobe isn't going anywhere. He's what 29, he even admitted that he's getting too old, and to go to a team that has a bunch of nobodies and to start from scratch once again, theres not point.

Might as well stick with the Lakers.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: