Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 07-05-2008, 05:31 PM   #1
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default players the nugs should target in trades

this is the list of players that i believe the nuggets should be targeting in trades- keep in mind that imo the 3 person core of the nugs is melo/nene/jr, and the only way id let go of kleia is for one of my level 1 players

level 1-
-billups
-hinrich
-rasheed wallace
-josh smith
-bargnani

the only 2 hopes out there for franchise pg- getting one would be amazing- iv always wanted to see a pf play alongside melo that would be an outside-in player to complement melo's inside game- after dirk the best suited pf to play alongside melo would be rasheed & he is a great interior defender- i think bargnani could be a star w melo & nene in the post and jr & bargnani bombing 3's- you cant cover that- j smith imo is being undervalued right now (supposedly) i think the guy might spent the next 6-8 years as a top 10 player in the league- why not try to get him in a s&t & give him max?

level 2-
-bostjan nachbar
-nocioni
-ridnour

i would be thrilled to add one of these guys to a level 1 player- & i feel nachbar could be potential steal, even at mle full 5 year deal- i think he has a chance to be that pf complement to melo

level 3-
-gadzurich
-j jeffries
-kristic
-d lee

level 3 is players that if feel would perfectly fit the nugs core & have salary situatons that may make the attainable-

level 4- players who could be better chips than we have now to keep dealing, or players who we could take to aqurie another certain player

-mo williams
-e curry
-l hughes
-m bibby
-z randolph

level 5- straight salary lowering or deal making contracts
-kvh
-nj trade eemption
-m rose
- j james

the in my dreams we get one of these guys with the vets ex 1.8

-arroyo
-jason williams
-marbury
-sebas
-pargo

what still gives me hope with these guys is that it sounds like they have taken some shots at a couple of my level 1 guys- i would love to see half of our current peices changed up- we need more salary slots- the right 5-6 of these guys would be perfect
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 09:54 PM   #2
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: players the nugs should target in trades

I would be very happy if we got Hinrich. I would even be happy if Denver made a strong attempt to get him.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 01:26 AM   #3
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

It doesnt look like we will improve...another year wasted on AI...

we got overpaid players on our team..no one bothers trading for..hint hint k-mart.

We need to add at least one superstar on this current squad to be competitive next year.
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:29 PM   #4
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What I don't understand is that the FO won't make up their minds. On paper, it looks like Denver is trying to win a championship right now, which they are. They want to get as far as they can while AI can still play All-Star basketball. But they aren't making any trades to hint that they want to win now. With the current roster they clearly aren't going to win anything, but they're also clearly not building for the future. The only components for a future team are Melo, Kleiza and Smith. (Nene is too injury-prone). Either make moves to win now or work for the future. They haven't shown which one they're trying to do. It's almost like they think they can win it all with their current roster. Based on what we've seen, it's obviously not going to happen. Long story short, to the Nuggets front office: Do something.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:41 AM   #5
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
What I don't understand is that the FO won't make up their minds. On paper, it looks like Denver is trying to win a championship right now, which they are. They want to get as far as they can while AI can still play All-Star basketball. But they aren't making any trades to hint that they want to win now. With the current roster they clearly aren't going to win anything, but they're also clearly not building for the future. The only components for a future team are Melo, Kleiza and Smith. (Nene is too injury-prone). Either make moves to win now or work for the future. They haven't shown which one they're trying to do. It's almost like they think they can win it all with their current roster. Based on what we've seen, it's obviously not going to happen. Long story short, to the Nuggets front office: Do something.

Exactly, I agree with you 100%...its all the same story of AI and webber in sixers days..sixers didnt bother do any trade, and during the season things broke up...

we better do sthg now, then wait to work sthg during the mid-season...
the current roster wont win ****
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:17 PM   #6
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6

you are right, and it is baffling to see the way they just seem to believe they put together a masterpiece of a roster that is ready to win-

i really dont think nene can be traded because his value to us is he should be our center for the next 10 years and can physically handle anybody in the world- this guy has special athletic ability- to trade him for me, even w his injury concerns, would require him moving iverson or kmarts, or both contract and returning 1 or 2 great peices & 1 or 2 good peices- i dont think nene will return that kind of value right now

nene trade?

nene & iverson for billups, wallace, theo- maybe

nene, iverson for hinrich, gordon, nocioni, noah

i just dont think anybody would value nene right now for what he could be for our team & i think he's got some superfreak weirdo in him, so that as soon as he is told he is the key guy again that he will just flip the switch and begin to dominate the league

i also believe that it helps carmelo to have a bigger body out there than himself- nene (when out there) is just a dominant physical presense - that is super hard to find

*you are right about do something right now though- but it has to be break up the peices- even if you lose in the deals-

letting najera or jr smith walk would be the dumbest possible thing- you have no choice but to resign both players- they both spend way too much game time as the best nugget- as team players and making key plays- & there is no benifit to letting them go- unless we get kidd & dirk for ivrson, smith & najera- nothing less for jr trades if it was me
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:31 PM   #7
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

All I want from the Nuggets is to hear them talk about at least to attempt to make a trade I don't care for who because I'm a little worried right now because they are on the down low and if they are planning on keep the same team then just tell us.

Thankfully talks of getting Harrison and even Pargo is in the works. I'd be able to relax a bit more if we get Hinrich.

I'm tired of hearing other posters talking about us giving up Nene for another teams player. Such as Hinrich. No way in hell are we going to give up a young big guy in Nene. Our positions at center and power forward are not getting any younger and Nene is the youngest of them. It'll surprise me if we do give him away because many teams have given us oppurtunities to trade him for big name players in the past and we didn't make the move.

It's mostly about potential for this team in Nene, Kleiza, Smith, and even Melo. They all will learn leadership, commitment, consistency night in and night out, and most important of all teamwork.

Note to Nuggets go out and at least make a minimum of two trades and a maximum of five. Bringing in new faces to the team, it will help in building chemistry in what fits and what doesn't fit. Take chances if you want to win it all!
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:22 PM   #8
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

I think Nene has to prove himself again. He played well for a stretch last season but his trade value has plumeted since his surgery. If we trade him, which I don't think we should, it would have to be halfway through the season after he proves he can play. Not many teams would want him right now. Coming off a severe surgery and has an injury-prone past; that's a risky player to acquire.

This off-season they have to pull out all the stops to trade Martin. Martin for me is the biggest key. His contract is hideous but he can still play when he's healthy. A veteran point guard would be great to get for him, but he's very hard to trade.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: