Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Most Athletic Players per Position of All Time

Quote Originally Posted by webberz0044
    C - Wilt
    PF - Kemp
    SF - Dominique
    SG - Carter
    PG - Rose
    Vertical only... Lebron kills him at everything else and has an even better vertical

Jordan > Carter aswell... MJ was faster, more agile, had an even better vertical, was stronger, better endurance/cardio and ofcourse his body was less prone to injuries :P
    Last edited by pauk; 11-21-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Banned

Third Team
    PG: Rose
    SG: Jason Richardson
    SF: McGrady
    PF: Kemp
    C: David Robinson

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Vertical only... Lebron kills him at everything else and has an even better vertical

Jordan > Carter aswell... MJ was faster, more agile, had an even better vertical, was stronger, better endurance/cardio and ofcourse his body was less prone to injuries :P
    Yes Jordan has Carter beat in all aspects of athleticism except dunking. Carter is the best dunker of all time, even Jordan would admit this.

How is Iverson more athletic than Westbrook and Rose for example? Dude is no where near as strong and durable. Not to mention doesn't have the leaping ability of those two.

SG and SF are the only locks IMO. Jordan and Lebron. Center is the toughest. You have Shaq, Wilt, Robinson, etc. Power Forward has had its share of great athletes as well. Barkley, Kemp, Blake, McDyess, etc.

Dunking on everybody in the park spree43's Avatar

Westbrook
    gerald green
    lebron
    kemp
    wilt

Quote Originally Posted by Brick Rick
    Yes Jordan has Carter beat in all aspects of athleticism except dunking. Carter is the best dunker of all time, even Jordan would admit this.
    Carter was a more creative dunker yes... but we are talking about overall athleticism here (combination of speed, vertical, quickness, agility, strength, endurance/cardio, physical longevity injury proneness maybe if u want to count that, stuff like that)
    Last edited by pauk; 11-22-2012 at 12:09 AM.

No love for Barkley? He was as much a freak of nature as Lebron. 6'4", 250lbs, can leap out of the gym, push the fast break with good speed for a man his size, excellent body control, and freakish strength.

Durability and endurance is part of athleticism, Iverson got nothing on Westbrook. Russel is clearly the most athletic PG of all time. Top 3 in quickness, speed, stamina, strength, vertical and #1 in durability/endurance.

I agree Iverson doesn't belong. He's fast as hell and one of the toughest SOBs to ever play, but he isn't close to being the athletic freak that guys like Rose, Westbrook are. Even guys like Robert Pack, Kevin Johnson, etc, I would consider more athletic little guys than Iverson.

Westbrook/Kevin Johnson
    Jordan/Carter
    LeBron/Wilkins
    Kemp/Barkley
    Wilt/Shaq

hm: julius, david robinson, muggsy, webb, iverson, nate robinson, griffin......
    Last edited by SHAQisGOAT; 11-22-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Banned

PG-Rose/John Wall
    SG-MJ/Clyde/VC
    SF-LBJ/Wilkins/Dr. J
    PF-Kemp/barkley/prime Mcdysse
    C-Wilt/Robinson/Shaq(Orlando)
    Last edited by tikay0; 11-22-2012 at 12:25 AM.

For me its:

C - Shaquille Oneal, have not seen prime Wilt play, only some myths and legends... but Shaq? That guy was the most physically/athletically dominant force i ever seen from any position...

PF - Shawn Kemp was the most overall athletic PF ive ever seen, he could run like a gazelle, was uber strong, agile, quick, explosive and had a nasty vertical... but it was for such a short time, i would choose Charles Barkley or Karl Malone if i would include longevity on that department...

SF - Lebron James, its not really debatable imo, 44" vertical, 4.4 sec 40 yard dash (from one end to the other probably was the fastest player in the NBA believe it or not), quick, super strong, agile.. at 6'9-260... he had maybe the best combination of size, speed, quickness, strength, vertical, cardio ever...

SG - Michael Jordan, 48" vertical, at his best was maybe as fast/quick as anybody ever, very strong, major athletic longevity...

PG - Robert Pack, Spud Webb, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, John Wall, Steve Francis..... this is a very tough one...
    Last edited by pauk; 11-22-2012 at 12:39 AM.

I forgot about Kemp...replace Garnett with him

PG is easy, Westbrook is at or above everyone in all categories, but he hasn't missed a game since high school despite his dangerous playstyle. That includes College, NBA, FIBA, Olympics. He is the damn Terminator.

I would put Rose above him due to his superior strength, vertical and agility when changing direction. But his body really broke down last season and dropped him to #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    PG is easy, Westbrook is at or above everyone in all categories, but he hasn't missed a game since high school despite his dangerous playstyle. That includes College, NBA, FIBA, Olympics. He is the damn Terminator.

I would put Rose above him due to his superior strength, vertical and agility when changing direction. But his body really broke down last season and dropped him to #2.
    Good point, Westbrook sure is a cyborg...

I am leaning towards Rose in terms of peak overall athleticism, but Westbrook probably/arguably matches Rose while never missing a game / slowing down... so far... but then we have also John Wall.... argh...
    Last edited by pauk; 11-22-2012 at 12:42 AM.