Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Replace Bran with prime Bird on the Cavs

Honestly, I can't see him carrying those scrubs to the finals and deep playoff runs. We know what LeBron can do with scrubs. What do you think Bird would do without a stacked team?

LeBron James,.. 2009 playoffs: 35.3ppg 51%fg 9reb 7ast
    38/8/8 against Orlando in the ECF (best defensive team in the league that year)

That's some GOAT type of playoff run right there. Can't see Bird doing that with scrubs.

Discuss how you think Bird would perform on those Cavs teams from 06-10.

Default Re: Replace Bran with prime Bird on the Cavs

not this again... the way you typed it all out is to bait.

yea, bird wouldnt win shit with those teams... the extra attention on offense, and 08-10 defense by lbj, he couldnt give you that...

bird would'nt win anything. that is clear. bird always had good teams around him, not like lebron at the cavs, were his secon best player was some1 called "mo".

Quote Originally Posted by yarrak
    Honestly, I can't see him carrying those scrubs to the finals and deep playoff runs. We know what LeBron can do with scrubs. What do you think Bird would do without a stacked team?

That's some GOAT type of playoff run right there. Can't see Bird doing that with scrubs.

The year before Birds rookie year, the Celtics went 29-53. His rookie year they went 61-21.

The roster wasn't much different in both years.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/1979.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/1980.html

His impact would have been the same if not more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    The year before Birds rookie year, the Celtics went 29-53. His rookie year they went 61-21.

The roster wasn't much different in both years.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/1979.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/1980.html

His impact would have been the same if not more.
    Bird was so much better than people give him credit for. I'm guessing most of the posters who will act like he would do nothing haven't really watched him play. You can't just take a player from a different era though, you need to take into account that they grew up learning different skills and the game was totally different.

lebron > bird

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Bird was so much better than people give him credit for. I'm guessing most of the posters who will act like he would do nothing haven't really watched him play. You can't just take a player from a different era though, you need to take into account that they grew up learning different skills and the game was totally different.
    +1

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I'm not saying he would do nothing. Obviously he was an amazing passer and a great shooter. You can't take everything away from great players but I really don't think he would be able to perform the way LeBron did.

-In 1980, Celtics went from 29W-53L (2nd worst record) to 61W-21L (best record) and the ECF, when Bird got there, with pretty much the same roster. And no tanking (teams didn't even do it to today's level) because Larry was already drafted.. Attendances at an all-time low, internal problems, management problems, Red almost leaving, also..
    He was ROY, all-nba 1st, 4th in MVP voting, all-star, 1st in DWS, 6th in DRtg... Just so you understand his impact. No Parish or McHale for that matter lmao.

-In 1981, Cowens was gone and they added Parish who was already 27 and never viewed as much at all with the Warriors, and Bird led them to a championship while outplaying MVP Julius Erving coming back from a 3-1 deficit in the "real" Finals, the ECF... Then, only player to average 15+/15+/7+ in a Finals series and frankly should've been named FMVP.

-In the 1984 Playoffs, most of Bird's teammates were playing below their (RS) standards while he was tearing shit up and leading them to a title... Led the team in points, rebounds, assists, steals, FG% and FT% (!!!!), just for you to see what he was doing and how his teammates were coming up short... In the Finals against the Lakers with Kareem, Magic, Worthy, McAdoo, Cooper, Rambis or Scott, it was more of the same.

Just some examples but people rather look at names (plenty that Bird "made) and neglect all of the rest.. Also, the fact that he was playing in arguably the GOAT decade in the GOAT conference.

--> If Lebron got to the Finals (in the weak-ass East lol), least Bird would've done would be not to get swept by the Spurs... And he'd sure as hell would be winning in 2011. Also, given the superstar competition, he'd be racking up them MVPs.

Silly ass kids that never saw much from Bird apart from 3 min highlight vids, ignorant children that know nothing and don't even know what he was capable of, what he was doing, his crazy impact... Then dropping some ignorant phrases and acting like they know anything, like those are facts or something
    If you're gonna make this type of threads at least stop making stupid-ass comments based off of nothing.
    Last edited by SHAQisGOAT; 05-03-2014 at 09:35 PM.

chip in 07

sweep the spurs

Top 1 Bball Mind.

LeBron skillset is more tuned to carry a shitty team than Bird's is. On the current Heat I think Bird would make them better but on the Cavs LeBron would.

NBA Legend

Prime Bird = Luke Walton with a wet jumper.

Amirite??

Quote Originally Posted by yarrak

3-peat, 3x FMVP

Bird is just better than Lebron.

Bird would not sniff playoffs once