Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-25-2006, 10:33 AM   #31
huppcap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
It's no joke, this team is definately our deepest of all time. When we had the players you speak of, they were on the downside of their careers, and would hardly be considered impact players that make a team good. It shows, our team in the early years, when all these players were on the team, was crap.

When you compare last year to this year and suggest last year's team may be better, you have to be foolish. Consider that Matt Bonner was one of the first guys off the bench, Matt Bonner is a spot up shooter who struggled with shooting last year, when that is the description of one of your best bench players, you lack depth severely. It's amazing how much better this team is than last year's, unproven europeans or not, the fact that there is quality talent on the team far surpasses anything we have had in the past 2-3 years.

Maybe you should re-read what I originally wrote. Nowhere did I say last year's team is better/deeper than the present roster. I agree the present roster is better. I mentioned names from the era when the Raptors made the playoffs for several seasons and were one shot away from making it to the Eastern Conference Final. I did not even mention any players from last year.

So based on your opinion that the present roster is the deepest team we have had ever, the Raptors should at the very least make it to the 2nd round of the playoffs this season.

The team we have now has potential depth. I am excited about the Raptors and the players they have brought together but I am not going to say they are the deepest team the Raptors have ever had. Maybe you are being overly optimistic which I can understand since things are looking a lot better than last season. Why do you equate potential with depth? In two or three seasons maybe they could be considered to be the deepest team but this team has not proven anything. They have not even played one game together; not even had one practise all together.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:48 AM   #32
huppcap
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispbosh4
That team was deep, but times are changing , now a days theres new stars on the rise such as lebron, chris, dwayne, cp3, and carmelo. Those old men would have trouble keeping up with todays game. The team we have now is very deep for todays game which is developing new stars, give joey g and jose c this year, joey was confused last year and from what ive seen in summer league hes starting to understand things better. Jose is a great player, but to see if he fits in the NBA is still a question.

Jose is also just a filler until Roko comes to play ball, that kid is definatly going to be solid in a raptors uni

The Raptors did have a new star in Vince Carter on that veteren team that made the playoffs along with other young guys like Alvin Williams and McGrady. Anyhow.

So it seems that you are saying you cannot compare this team with their past teams. So depth wise how can you compare and say this team is the deepest ever.

And as I wrote before what they have is potential in all the pieces. Until they have actually played a couple of seasons as a TEAM it is a bit too early to say this team is the deepest ever.

Summer league does not mean a thing. It helps Joey Graham improve but it does not mean he will play like that during the regular season and score 14ppg or whatever he scored and did there.

Roko; the latest news is that he does not want to come over and sit on the bench. He said he may play a while in Europe which could mean a few years or that he never wants to come over to the NBA.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: