Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-14-2017, 02:54 AM   #17221
1987_Lakers
5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Rate the last movie you watched.

The Founder. 8/10

Pretty good film. It's on netflix. My biggest take away was how too much ambition can make a person turn into a selfish cold hearted prick.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 06:05 PM   #17222
coin24
3-time NBA All-Star

Hitmans bodyguard: 8/10. Lot of action, funny and entertaining the whole way, definitely worth watching. Got a lot of bad reviews but I was surprised how off they were..

Pirates of the Caribbean 6?: 6/10.. story and the bad guys were good, Depp has mailed it in ages ago though..

War planet of the apes: 8/10 really enjoyed this

Blade runner: 9/10 excellent movie
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 06:07 PM   #17223
coin24
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Dooms, do you have a job??

It would appear not
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:00 PM   #17224
Smook A.
Red Nation

I Love You, Man (2/10)

I saw this movie trending on Netflix so I decided to check it out. I took breaks watching it, because I'd get so ****ing bored and cringed out. It took me 2 days to finish it. Anyway, Paul Rudd's character (Peter) is garbage and makes you feel bad about yourself. He'd constantly try to rhyme stupid words at the end of conversations like "totes magotes" and "laters to the maters".

*SPOILERS*

The whole story itself is dumb and unrealistic as hell. Peter is in search for a friend because he doesn't really have any, and he needs to find a best man for his wedding. He finds Jason Segel's character (Sydney) while trying to sell Lou Ferigno's home. He instantly thinks Sydney is "the one". They exchange business cards and after a while Sydney rings Peter up and Peter starts acting like a girl who gets a call from her crush. Anyway they start hanging out a lot and basically become best friends. The way the two would act around each other would make you think they were gay lovers. Peter also asks Sydney to become his best man. Eventually, Peter's fiancee starts getting jealous because she was getting less attention and she also got mad because he lent Sydney $8000. Peter finds out Sydney used the 8k on billboards to help Peter get his name out. This makes him embarrassed and goes over to Sydney's house to confront him about taking the billboards down. He also asks for all his stuff back like an emotional ex and tells him not come to the wedding.

After a while Peter starts getting calls and everyone tells him that they like the billboards. He was then able to sell Lou Ferigno's house. This makes Peter happy which makes him starts thinking about Sydney, but he was more focused on his wedding. On the day of the wedding, Peter's fiancee noticed Sydney wasn't there so she called him up so he could come over. During the wedding vows, Sydney finally came in his scooter. Peter was surprised as Sydney was walking up to him. While everyone attending the wedding was sitting down, Peter and Sydney looked like they were basically confessing their love for each other and it made you feel uncomfortable as ****. That's when both said "I love you man" (even though they only knew each other for like a month) Sydney became Peter's best man again and he got finally got married.
Smook A. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:23 PM   #17225
qrich
King Heno

The Other Sister (5/10)

Was bored, so let my girl pick a movie to watch. Okay to put on in the background, but that's about it.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 07:27 PM   #17226
Patrick Chewing
O.G. Shot Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
The Founder. 8/10

Pretty good film. It's on netflix. My biggest take away was how too much ambition can make a person turn into a selfish cold hearted prick.

At first i thought he was cold-hearted, but the brothers flat out refused him every chance they got. He was a visionary and visionaries tend to steamroll those who get in their way. The brothers were allergic to progress and to making money. That, and apparently they had some shitty counsel.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:18 PM   #17227
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

Your Hands.

Blu-ray/DVD Exclusive Clip
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:19 AM   #17228
Bawkish
Serious playground baller

9/10

another great film from Taylor Sheridan

classic storytelling that lost in Hollywood nowadays. Not all hope is lost in the era of FastFurious/Michael Bay horsesh*t
Bawkish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:43 AM   #17229
imdaman99
Knicks all da way

Saw Happy Death Day, The Foreigner, and American Made this weekend. Having moviepass definitely paying off

Liked them all, for different reasons.

Happy Death Day, surprisingly very enjoyable. It was silly, it was fun. 8/10

The Foreigner, good as well. Not your usual Jackie Chan flick but Brosnan did his thing as well. 7.5/10

American Made, again a different kinda Tom Cruise movie. Kinda plays an anti-hero. Liked it 7.5/10
imdaman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 06:48 AM   #17230
ROCSteady
One of One

6/10

The Babysitter-

It's kind of like a low budget Edgar Wright film in some of its quirks. Starts off promising, nerdy early kid is in love with his hot film geek babysitter, finds out she is satanic, hilarity ensues.

Some of it is pretty funny, other times it drags and lingers too long on attempted humor where certain actors don't pull it off, needed better ones.

Overall, pretty fun with some heartwarming moments. Kind of a horror-comedy coming of age similar to Fright Night in scope. I'd recommend, it's fairly brisk at 85 minutes
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:33 AM   #17231
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

Gone Baby Gone - 10/16

Old 10-16-2017, 10:07 AM   #17232
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

American Sniper - Training Scene

Old 10-16-2017, 10:11 AM   #17233
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

The Kill List: 8.5/10
Cache: 8/10
Battle for Planet of the Apes: 8/10

On a brief note.... Im starting to get tired of films that leave an open ending. It feels like a cheap cop-out, give us an ending and an explanation.

It's not artistic anymore. Not when every other film does that shit.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:20 PM   #17234
Doomsday Dallas
Step 12

"A defence mechanism"

10/10 Masterpiece.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:07 PM   #17235
Smoke117
NBA Legend

Pretty fun and entertaining flick...from what I remember anyway. I saw it on monday while I was in vegas and pretty drunk at the time, so a lot of details are foggy. I can remember being entertained so it had to be at least decent.

7/10
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: