Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Official offseason thread

The player that the grizz wants has to fit into their rebuilding plan. Which means that they have to be a certain age and have a good amount of potential. I think the two players that fall into that category are milsap and lee.

When I said an ex-allstar player. I didnt mean that I wanted that player to come in and start.I was saying that I want them to be a role player and a someone these kids can look up to on and off the court.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Is Hak a goner?

Saw a basketball once

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...me-5.html?pg=1

Apparently Boozer leaning toward staying in Utah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi
    Is Hak a goner?

Its not certain yet. Depending on free agency and the draft will determine gis future hear.

If you don't get David Lee, why not try for Paul Millsap he's an amazing rebounder/defender. He could develop some offense and for a wing you could try and offer CDR a better contract than the one Jersey is giving him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    If you don't get David Lee, why not try for Paul Millsap he's an amazing rebounder/defender. He could develop some offense and for a wing you could try and offer CDR a better contract than the one Jersey is giving him.

I would rather have milsap than lee. Your preaching to the choir.

Quote Originally Posted by jailer
    I would rather have milsap than lee. Your preaching to the choir.
    Haha sweet! glad to see there's someone else that is

Saw a basketball once

Does anybody think the griz should go out and get another coach? Or are they fully committed to Hollins? I mean, he has done a good job since he has returned and Conley has DEFINITELY improved...

for me Hollins is not good enough for the future, but I have to admit that he has done a good job these months, better than I expected at least.
    I'm not so sure who could be the best guy to coach these kids, though.

I say wait and see, the players seem to be more committed. and Conley WAYYYYYYYY improved. Sadly I still think that Gay Or Mayo has to go because they just don't work well together. But maybe Hollins can make them mesh.

We will have to wait and see. I think hollins should be allowed to get at least one full season. And if he is able to win over 30 games. Then he should get at least another year. But if he dosent make the playoffs that year then he needs to go.

I am Chris Wilcox

Hollins' contract has 1 year left on it, so he'll be here next season. He should definitly be allowed 1 full season. I hope he can get atleast 30 wins out of these guys, he managed to get them all playing well at the end of this season, so he should be able to atleast get something out of them next season.

If we get a good draft pick, a couple of decent trades and sign some experienced players, then we should be able to get 30-35 wins.

Saw a basketball once

I have two free agent ideas. How about the griz go after Rodney Carney? He can be a good role player of the bench and since he is a local guy, it could help sell tickets. Also, the griz need to keep an eye on what the jazz do. They have Boozer who could opt out and milsap who is an restricted free agent. They can't keep both. Can they?

Quote Originally Posted by Jman2108
    I have two free agent ideas. How about the griz go after Rodney Carney? He can be a good role player of the bench and since he is a local guy, it could help sell tickets. Also, the griz need to keep an eye on what the jazz do. They have Boozer who could opt out and milsap who is an restricted free agent. They can't keep both. Can they?

Yeah I was thinking about carney as well. But I am not sold on him yet. He was my fav player at memphis. And I think he is an upgrade over buckner and ross. Except he is not as expierenced. We could get him cheap. And I dont think we will know our chances with boozer and milsap until the playoffs are over.

Ok so I thought it would be fun for everyone to post their opinon on the what they want the grizz to do in the off season. Then the rest of us could grade that posters suggestions.

So for arguments sake we will say that the lottery has no surprises and the grizz get the 6th pick. We will use the mock draft from www.nbadraft.net to determine players taken.

Ok so with the 6th pick the grizz have a decision here. I like earl clark. But I think they need to take the best player available. So I would take James Harden.

Then with the 27th pick I would take jrue holiday. But I honestly dont think he would be available. Or I would take omir casspi that guy is gonna be a beast.

With the 35th pick I would take dionte christmas.

Now I would try and send darrel arthur and a future second round pick for a late future first rounder. I dont think he is good enough to take time away from the rest of the team.

Ok now in the offseason I put forth my first effort into signing paul milsap. I then resign Hakim warrik. I would let ross and miles walk. I would buy out or try and send jaric away in that deal with arthur. I would also most likely buy out buckner.

I would then try and maybe go after luther head or maybe desmond mason. Chris anderson and Anderson Verajo I also like Chris Wilcox. They would also be on my list.

Ok so this would be my team for next season.

pg: Conley, Holiday, Head
    sg: Mayo, Harden,
    sf: Gay, Christmas
    Pf: Milsap, Warrik, Wilcox
    C: Gasol, Millic, Haddadi.

Reserves would most likely be buckner and jaric unless I could move them. Also Luther head would play both guard spots. And Dionte Christmas would play the sf and sg if needed.

I think this team would be competitive and would have a nice blend of up and coming talent with some vetrans.They could definitely win at least 30 games. What do you guys think.