Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: I got caught stealing from Stop & Shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Shape
    First of all, in every case I stated that the shoplifter got busted in the parking lot or getting into their car. Last time I checked you couldn't park your car inside Wal-Mart. Second of all, undercover security can and does lay fingers on plenty of people, and when they need help they can get assistance from managers and cart boys alike. Shyt happens all the time.

Undercover security will stop you and ask you directly or indirectly if you have stolen something after you have left the store if they strongly suspect you of stealing but didn't actually see you at the moment you stuffed something or if another employee has seen you stealing. In that case they will just be basically issuing you a warning or if are stupid enough to confess they will try to take you inside. But if they actually see you stealing stuff they can and will try to physically detain you if you resist their version of a citizen's arrest. The undercover security NEVER let anyone go if he saw them stealing, at least when I was there. That was the best part of his job, taking people down. He didn't have anything to worry about, he was cool with the cops anyways.

I'm not saying that there was a physical confrontation with shoplifters every week but it happened enough where it wasn't anything shocking. Wal-Mart actually had a little detainment cell right across from the accounting office and you could regularly hear people crying, screaming, and cursing from there. Once in a while you could hear or see people getting up from their chairs and being pushed back down by security until the cops got there. Our undercover security was a badass, he had one of the highest conviction rates in the state. They used to bring in other undercover security officers from other stores just to train with him. He was this big older mexican guy with an OG mustache and tattoos everywhere, the last guy a shoplifter would expect to be security. But the guy ended up getting fired for guess what? Stealing from the store.

I can't believe you guys think my stories are BS. You do know that Wal-Mart security and cart boys have literally KILLED shoplifters in the parking lot right???

Maybe things have changed in the last few years, but shoplifters were still getting messed up if they fought back when I was there.
    Such bs. Do you think a cart boy earning minimum wage will get physical with anyone?

How stupid and pathetic are you?

why was this thread bumped?

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

I wonder what stop and stop this was at.

Damn Pete's. Where is this guy??

Quote Originally Posted by DMV2
    I was bored at work.

You feeling guilty?

My closest call involved a somewhat similar situation and a bag of shrimp.

Banned

OP tried to rape a girl.

If he was still here he would get bullied by me and I would most likely stalk him and call the authorities on him.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Such bs. Do you think a cart boy earning minimum wage will get physical with anyone?

How stupid and pathetic are you?
    I was at circuit city years ago during black friday and this guy ran out the store with 20 to 40 dvd's in his arms and this short stocky bald dude in dress shirt and slacks (looked like a manager not loss prevention) sprints out and spears his ass and all the dvds go flying everywhere and pins him to the ground

shit was hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    I was at circuit city years ago during black friday and this guy ran out the store with 20 to 40 dvd's in his arms and this short stocky bald dude in dress shirt and slacks (looked like a manager not loss prevention) sprints out and spears his ass and all the dvds go flying everywhere and pins him to the ground

shit was hilarious
    That's simply stupid. As a business owner I would fire any employee that deliberately hurt themselves or risked their bodies. Workers compensation does not cover stupidity and I would fire your ass before allowing your bad judgment to increase my Workers Comp premium.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    That's simply stupid. As a business owner I would fire any employee that deliberately hurt themselves or risked their bodies. Workers compensation does not cover stupidity and I would fire your ass before allowing your bad judgment to increase my Workers Comp premium.
    Yup. The cost outweighs the products loss. Especially considering the human body once injured can go through a series of injuries or prolonged state of pain after that incident causing more medical attention to be applied.

Stupid for anyone to go out of their way to stop theft.