Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Is KD right about Kawhi?

Kawhi is a much better player defensively and offensively compared to the time when KD said this. I'm sure Durant agrees as well.

I wish he would post up more. I watched the game 3 highlights and he only post up once.

I rule the local playground Svendiggity's Avatar

They are different players. I'd take Kawhi because he plays quick. Moves the ball fast, makes his moves fast, makes decisions quick, etc. He'll catch the ball, make a quick spin move, dish to the post, dish to the wing, or shoot a mid-range. He's very decisive. Love his game. Not a go to player but a perfect second option.

Paul George is more proven.

Kawhi has all the right tools, but he hasn't proven that he will reach that level. He could, but hasn't, premature to say he'll ever be.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by r0drig0lac
    haha ... agree or not, this will become more evident every season.
    I always thought PG was overrated offensively...but the man was an ELITE DEFENSIVE PERIMETER PLAYER. Kawhi is not so much better that he is "way better" in this kind of match up. Maybe now it will be different with the injury...but PG the last couple of seasons was an elite defensive player by anyones estimate.

I rule the local playground Svendiggity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    I always thought PG was overrated offensively...but the man was an ELITE DEFENSIVE PERIMETER PLAYER. Kawhi is not so much better that he is "way better" in this kind of match up. Maybe now it will be different with the injury...but PG the last couple of seasons was an elite defensive player by anyones estimate.
    Kawhi better on defense. By a lot. Not saying George is a bad defender. Kawhi is just the truth. Way faster laterally and just strong enough to body up. Quick hands and he's got the length to contest. No weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Paul George is more proven.

Kawhi has all the right tools, but he hasn't proven that he will reach that level. He could, but hasn't, premature to say he'll ever be.
    Does Paul George have a FMVP and a DPOY that I'm unaware of?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Does Paul George have a FMVP and a DPOY that I'm unaware of?
    PG was better at the time. I think if you ask KD now how Kawhi compares to PG when at his best, it would be a different answer.

Banned

Paul George on the Spurs would be awesome, not better than Kawhi though.

KD drinking dat haterade.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

I cant believe how much Kawhi is getting overrated on this board. Pre injury PG was the better player and there is no even little doubt about it. Wait till Duncan and Pop retire, the guy will get exposed big time just like Rondo.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    I cant believe how much Kawhi is getting overrated on this board. Pre injury PG was the better player and there is no even little doubt about it. Wait till Duncan and Pop retire, the guy will get exposed big time just like Rondo.
    Waiting for this day; lets see what he can do when he has to carry the load.

A healthy PG13 is significantly better on the offensive side of the ball and moderately worse on defense.

both are great players. Not sure why KD even gets involved with this sh1t, it's a lose lose situation for him to comment on it.

jordan > leflop james Paul George 24's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    PG13 IS ONE DIMENSION ON OFFENCE,LIKE A CHUCKER LIKE KOBE BUT NOT AS CONSISTENT AS KOBE,AND HE LACK OF STRENGTH DEFEND WHO CAN SCORES IN THE POST

Quote Originally Posted by Paul George 24
    PG13 IS ONE DIMENSION ON OFFENCE,LIKE A CHUCKER LIKE KOBE BUT NOT AS CONSISTENT AS KOBE,AND HE LACK OF STRENGTH DEFEND WHO CAN SCORES IN THE POST
    Your diction further proves that you are Javale_McGee_34.

Decent college freshman

Durant calling him a system player is just more proof that the haters are jealous of all his success at such a young age. Then again Kawhi has always been underrated his entire career. I remember there were retards on ISH arguing Parsons was better than him(that moron milwad being the most vocal).