Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2007, 06:56 PM   #1
Cool
NBA rookie of the year
 
Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,273
Default Best Athlete In The World?

Who do you guys honestly think is the best athlete in the world today?

It deosnt matter the sport. It could be basketball, baseball, football, hockey, golf, etc....
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:03 PM   #2
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Best Athlete In The World?

not sure about "today" but I have a decent list of the best from the past

-Deion Sanders....only player to win a Super Bowl and World Series and he won 2 Super Bowls at that, hands down best cover corner in history, fantastic punt returner, played WR, only player t score a touchdown every single way possible, great base stealer, played basketball in college and probably could have played in the NBA...Deion could pretty much do it all, he is my pick as the best ever.

then you can make arguements for:
-Bo Jackson (NFL, MLB)
-Micheal Jordan (NBA, baseball, golf)
-Jim Thorpe (everything)
-Jim Brown (everything)
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:05 PM   #3
l3bronBryant
I airball my layups
 
l3bronBryant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: beaumaris
Posts: 73
Default Re: Best Athlete In The World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
Who do you guys honestly think is the best athlete in the world today?

It deosnt matter the sport. It could be basketball, baseball, football, hockey, golf, etc....

tiger woods, asafa powell/tim montgomery, phelps? these 4 maybe random sports but i feel like they are breaking records and tiger woods is just soo dominate in golf
l3bronBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:07 PM   #4
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs
 
mlh1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
Posts: 14,157
Default Re: Best Athlete In The World?

NBA-Dwyane Wade
MLB-Jose Reyes
NFL-Michael Vick (athletic skills, not actual QB skills)
NHL-Sydney Crosby
Tennis-Roger Federer
Golf-Tiger Woods

And the EMMY goes to.....................Tiger Woods
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:07 PM   #5
Cool
NBA rookie of the year
 
Cool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 5,273
Default Re: Best Athlete In The World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
not sure about "today" but I have a decent list of the best from the past

-Deion Sanders....only player to win a Super Bowl and World Series and he won 2 Super Bowls at that, hands down best cover corner in history, fantastic punt returner, played WR, only player t score a touchdown every single way possible, great base stealer, played basketball in college and probably could have played in the NBA...Deion could pretty much do it all, he is my pick as the best ever.

then you can make arguements for:
-Bo Jackson (NFL, MLB)
-Micheal Jordan (NBA, baseball, golf)
-Jim Thorpe (everything)
-Jim Brown (everything)

Very good list

You know what I actually heard the other day about Michael Jordan, is he is a great golfer. Some say he is almost as good as Tiger. I am not saying I believe that but thats what I heard.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:08 PM   #6
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Best Athlete In The World?

Tiger Wods is the best "ATHLETE" in the world?!?!?!?!?

come on now...throw that kid out on a football feild and lets see what happens to this great athlete....
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #7
l3bronBryant
I airball my layups
 
l3bronBryant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: beaumaris
Posts: 73
Default Re: Best Athlete In The World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
Tiger Wods is the best "ATHLETE" in the world?!?!?!?!?

come on now...throw that kid out on a football feild and lets see what happens to this great athlete....

well do u mean athlete as in best at their specific sport or overall playing all different sports because then i feel tim montgomery would be very good at most sports i.e running fast helps
l3bronBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:28 PM   #8
skan72
Deep dick pizza
 
skan72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Where threads go to die.
Posts: 1,334
Default Re: Best Athlete In The World?

Michael Phelps for sure...lol.
skan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:44 PM   #9
-primetime-
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Best Athlete In The World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3bronBryant
well do u mean athlete as in best at their specific sport or overall playing all different sports because then i feel tim montgomery would be very good at most sports i.e running fast helps
overall
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:48 PM   #10
l3bronBryant
I airball my layups
 
l3bronBryant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: beaumaris
Posts: 73
Default Re: Best Athlete In The World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
overall

montgomery he is buff as and runs 100m in 9.78 sec and yes has got on the drugs so i think speed can help with most sports
l3bronBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:40 PM   #11
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Best Athlete In The World?

Mahatma Gandhi
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:42 PM   #12
l3bronBryant
I airball my layups
 
l3bronBryant's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: beaumaris
Posts: 73
Default Re: Best Athlete In The World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith
Mahatma Gandhi

imagine him on a football field
l3bronBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:24 PM   #13
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Best Athlete In The World?

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3bronBryant
imagine him on a football field

Lol... "Eye refuuse to partake in tekkle of other man. It is by our hearts and the trajectory of the ball, that we shall score."
  Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:59 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy