Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-09-2006, 09:45 AM   #1
netdoc
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default This just in......

The Lakers are close to a deal with Shammond Williams, a 6-1 guard who has played with six NBA teams. The Lakers are trying to complete financial discussions with Williams' pro team in Spain.

Williams, 31, has career averages of 6.1 points and 2.5 assists with Atlanta, Seattle, Boston, Denver, Orlando and New Orleans. He last played in the NBA in the 2003-04 season.

The Lakers, who agreed to terms last week with former Clippers forward Vladimir Radmanovic, could sign Williams with their biannual exception, which allows teams that are over the salary cap to sign a player for about $3.5 million over two years.

It looks like the Lakers are staying put with their existing roster. Here is how it will look after the signing:

Smush/Shammond/Farmer
Bryant/McKie/Sasha
Odom/Walton
Radman/Cook/Turiaf
Brown/Mihm/Bynam

Not a bad roster. I don't think they'll be contenders, but we'll see.
netdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:15 AM   #2
II Peter
Kids at the park dunk on me

^^excuse me, it looks bad to me
II Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:39 AM   #3
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

This story was broken like a week ago from Brad Turner of the Riverside Press Telegram (http://www.pe.com).

Anyway, the roster looks week to me and does not look improved much from last year.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 07:42 AM   #4
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

Its Decent, something to work on.. We have a lot young players to develop..
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:02 AM   #5
The Laker Link
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Could be better...could be worse...I don't thinkwe are totally done though...I think Mitch is hiding something....

I think there is something to happen to get a little more help at SF and at Center and maybe at PG to maybe have Smush come off the bench...

But hopefully Profit and Rush and/or JJ will be signed with a couple of Vetern's Minimums and everything so....
The Laker Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:07 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I would rather have profit than shammond. But I am sure we will do much better this year with the addition of radman. Bynum is also showing much improvement from last year.

It seems like we will get better off developing players instead of keep on adding new ones.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:42 PM   #7
marny_navis
Banned

Once again, Vlad is an SF. Odom is just as tall as him. Sticking Vlad at PF, who is a shooter, makes no sense when you are also putting Odom, who is a rebounder, at SF. It doesn't make any sense.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 05:58 PM   #8
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
Once again, Vlad is an SF. Odom is just as tall as him. Sticking Vlad at PF, who is a shooter, makes no sense when you are also putting Odom, who is a rebounder, at SF. It doesn't make any sense.

Lamar is big but he is not a tru power forward...his ideal position is smallforward where he can handle the ball more and create mismatches...he generally gets overpowerd by the top powerforwards of the NBA and he really isnt a great defender to begin with...Yes Vlad is not a powerforward either...lamar is mroe of a power than him...but both are naturally suited at small...but you will probably see both of them playing power at different times throughout the season...
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: