Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: SHOWTIME Lakers vs 90s Bulls

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Lol. Did you not watch the 91 Finals? Pax hit open shot after open shot. Why wouldn't Kerr?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Why in the world would you start midget Kerr to defend Magic when you have a big guard like Harper, just doesn't make sense. It seems like bringing Harper off the bench would throw Chicago off guard. Kerr is at his best when he is coming off the bench.

NBA rookie of the year

The late 80s/early 90s Pistons beat both the Lakers and Celtics.

And sorry but the Bulls were simply better than the Bad Boy Pistons, once Pippen stopped being such a p*ssy, the Pistons couldn't stop the Bulls from having their way with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Jordan is quick, but Cooper is quick too and has length. He could guard 1-3, sometimes 4 depending on the matchup. I was just commenting on the fact that Cooper defended one of the best offensive players pretty well in off the ball movement and the post, and who also gave up more lbs than Jordan would.

I didn't say anything like Cooper doing a better job than Pippen with Magic or any comparison of a defensive event. I just said it would be interesting to see Cooper defending Jordan. Are you suggesting that Cooper wouldn't bother him at his defensive peak? Even Joe Dumars bother Jordan a bit, granted MJ was still MJ and got his.
    Sure Coop would bother Jordan. Just not enough to change a series of that magnitude.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Why in the world would you start midget Kerr to defend Magic when you have a big guard like Harper, just doesn't make sense. It seems like bringing Harper off the bench would throw Chicago off guard. Kerr is at his best when he is coming off the bench.
    John Paxson was 6'2. Kerr 6'3. The way I see it. Cooper isn't gonna be in the game for 40 minutes. Scotts gonna get the bulk at the two. Somethings gotta give. Do the Lakers leave Cooper and minimize Scotts offensive abilities or do they put Scott in, have him face Jordan, force Magic to have to come help, and thus constantly leave Kerr open like he did Paxson.

Here's the matchups as I see it.

Pippen on Magic
    Jordan on Worthy
    Rodman on Green
    Kerr on Scott
    Longley on Jabbar (thanx Psilas)

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nikola_
    so lakers gonna score 140 points in the finals in slow paced era ?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...s.html#LAL-BOS

and give up 102 FG attempts ? http://www.basketball-reference.com/...505270BOS.html
    as long as kareem/magic/worthy are healthy, they score 100 every game and there is nothing mikey could do about it. forget pippen.

look at nash's suns and pace the league averaged at the time. nothing anyone can do when a team decides to run it down your throat.

lakers in 5-6
    celitcs in 5
    sixers in 7

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Sure Coop would bother Jordan. Just not enough to change a series of that magnitude.
    I agree with this. Jordan will get his.

A 41% shooting series, like the one Jordan had in the '96 Finals, would be absolutely fatal though. LAL feasted on missed shots.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    I agree with this. Jordan will get his.

A 41% shooting series, like the one Jordan had in the '96 Finals, would be absolutely fatal though. LAL feasted on missed shots.
    That depends on how he gets to that percentage. Jordans percentage was that bad because he had two really bad games. Not because he shot bad every game. Besides. Even if hes missing, I just dont see how they would rebound enough to be effective with Rodman down there. I mean. This man rebounded at a rate that was higher than Wilt and Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    The late 80s/early 90s Pistons beat both the Lakers and Celtics.

And sorry but the Bulls were simply better than the Bad Boy Pistons, once Pippen stopped being such a p*ssy, the Pistons couldn't stop the Bulls from having their way with them.
    Shit post.

Yea they sure did.. yet you forget to mention that it took a broken down Bird and the Celtics overall, plus Kareem pretty much done along with Coop, for the Pistons to get "over them" Because they weren't doing it before, even against "lesser" versions of their best squads (Boston and LA).

And again, Bulls "only" beat them when they were pretty much falling apart.

John Paxson was 6'2. Kerr 6'3. The way I see it. Cooper isn't gonna be in the game for 40 minutes. Scotts gonna get the bulk at the two. Somethings gotta give. Do the Lakers leave Cooper and minimize Scotts offensive abilities or do they put Scott in, have him face Jordan, force Magic to have to come help, and thus constantly leave Kerr open like he did Paxson.

Here's the matchups as I see it.

Jordan on Worthy
    Kerr on Scott
    Longley on Jabbar (thanx Psilas)

God damn 1st degree murder right there, or better yet suicide if you go out like that.

You realize Worthy would kill MJ in the post, right? Jordan didn't have the height and James was really good down-low, look at what happened when Michael tried to guard Bird or Magic - and both times had to be "switched", never doing it again. Phil wouldn't put MJ on Worthy and even Jordan would agree. There's a reason why Jordan had Worthy (at PF) in his all-time starting 5, he knows how good Big Game Jame was, he knows who "gave him" that NCAA title.

Kerr on Scott? Better get Harper in there or Jordan on him, or else you're completely screwed. This dude probably don't even know what Byron was about. Scott could play D and was very athletic plus much better than Kerr on offense, keep thinking that Kerr would give that edge to the Bulls with open shots

Jabbar vs Longley... well there's nobody else you could put on Kareem, he would absolutely destroy though, even in his late 30's, not a chance for Luc
    Last edited by SHAQisGOAT; 03-24-2014 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT

God damn 1st degree murder right there, or better yet suicide if you go out like that.

You realize Worthy would kill MJ in the post, right? Jordan didn't have the height and James was really good down-low, look at what happened when Michael tried to guard Bird or Magic - and both times had to be "switched", never doing it again. Phil wouldn't put MJ on Worthy and even Jordan would agree. There's a reason why Jordan had Worthy (at PF) in his all-time starting 5, he knows how good Big Game Jame was, he knows who "gave him" that NCAA title.

Kerr on Scott? Better get Harper in there or Jordan on him, or else you're completely screwed. This dude probably don't even know what Byron was about. Scott could play D and was very athletic plus much better than Kerr on offense, keep thinking that Kerr would give that edge to the Bulls with open shots

Jabbar vs Longley... well there's nobody else you could put on Kareem, he would absolutely destroy though, even in his late 30's, not a chance for Luc
    Allow me this question, who was John Paxson defending in 91?

What you're doing is thinking with your heart and not your mind. What im doing is showing the matchup problems the Bulls would propose.

If you put Scott on Kerr, who is Magic Gonna Guard? Pippen? Jordan? Lol Rodman?

Can Worthy stop Pippen?

Do you really see A.C. Green being able to keep Rodman off the boards?

The Bulls pose plenty of matchup problems for the Lakers

Allow me this question, who was John Paxson defending in 91?

What you're doing is thinking with your heart and not your mind. What im doing is showing the matchup problems the Bulls would propose.

If you put Scott on Kerr, who is Magic Gonna Guard? Pippen? Jordan? Lol Rodman?

Can Worthy stop Pippen?

Do you really see A.C. Green being able to keep Rodman off the boards?

The Bulls pose plenty of matchup problems for the Lakers
    Yet again mentioning a series where Scott (and Worthy) was injured You just said you'd put Kerr on Byron so I guess you really don't even know what you're saying though

With my heart and not my mind? Wtf does that even mean??? Coming from the guy who said Kerr would guard Scott then hit some open shots, getting the "upper-hand" of that "situation". Would be funny to see Scott killing Kerr though, it would be something similar to having someone like Pablo Prigioni guarding Monta Ellis, right now. This is ****ing Byron Scott: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUdYa5hdMPw
    Oh and did I mentioned he was a really good shooter and overall scorer, many moves, pulled from mid or 3, nice iso scorer, could pass too... Go watch him play please, he even led the Lakers in scoring in the 1988 rs.

Why would the Lakers put Scott on Kerr? Scott would be on Jordan, with Coop off the bench. Magic would be on Harper/Kerr, helping out and ready to grab the boards and/or get on the break.

Can Pippen stop Worthy? Yea Pippen was definitely a better defensive player, not that James couldn't play D plus was tall and pretty athletic, but you can also say that Worthy was a better scorer. Great matchup that would've been, Pippen could've very well gotten the upper-hand most of the time, on the other hand who would guard Magic though? And injured Worthy was still given hell to Scottie and the Bulls.

That would be the main thing though, right? Doesn't matter that Kareem would rape the Bulls' bigs, while Chicago would be screwed with having to guard Worthy and Magic, Pippen can't be on two places at the same time, plus Scott was a really good scorer and could kill any team.. Lots of mismatches there. And they had enough rebounding, worked very well as an unit. Plus AC was a good rebounder, hustled plenty, even more with Rambis. They had so much they could use, stacked all the way.

The Lakers presented even more matchup problems for the Bulls.

Oh come off it. The Bulls were up 3 games to 1 with both Worthy and Scott still being there. Worthy hurt his ankle almost three weeks prior to the point where he reagravated it. Byron Scott slipped on a wet spot late in game four (with the Bulls having the game in hand) and up to that point really hadnt done a damn thing. You act as if both players were injured and limping up and down the court.

Here's an article from the Los Angeles times in which their injuries are discussed

Worthy left the game for good with 2 minutes, 49 seconds to go in the third quarter after aggravating a sprained left ankle first injured two weeks ago in the Western finals against Portland.

``In the second half, it kind of got to the point where I was unable to do anything I felt I needed to do,`` Worthy said. ``I was doing more damage than helping the team. At that point, I felt I should pull myself.``

Worthy lasted 31 minutes and finished with 12 points on 6-of-16 shooting. The 6-foot-9 forward was limited to three rebounds, after grabbing only one in 48 minutes in Game 3 Friday night.

Lakers trainer Gary Vitti was not upbeat in describing Worthy`s chances of playing in Game 5 Wednesday night.

``I believe in our trainer`s miracle treatment,`` Worthy said.

With 3:13 to play, Scott was lost with an injured shoulder, after slipping on a wet spot at the Forum.

``It`s a very, very bad bruise,`` said Scott, who was taken to Centinella Hospital for precautionary X-rays which came back negative. ``(Bill) Cartwright came down on me. The shoulder is extremely sore now.``

After going 0 for 8 Friday night, Scott was 2 of 4 in 34 minutes Sunday.
    Now whats your excuse? Scotts age? He was 28 I believe.

Heres a vid made about Scottie Pippen. Forward to the 3 minute mark. Take note of what Magic said about Scottie Pippens defense on him. He clearly states that Pip gave him problems.

How about Worthys stats? He had two statistically good games. One was 24 on 52%. The other was in game 3. Where he scored 19 on 52% in 48 minutes. Three of those baskets came off fast breaks due to TOs. So really, when he was being defended by Jordan, he did nothing special.

And since you're so big on injuries, how do you respond to Jordan jamming his big toe. Which hurt him to the point that it was painful to plant that foot and he changed shoes trying to get relief from the pain.

Like I stated. The Bulls beat the Lakers because they were more talented and posed huge mismatches.
    ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qd6Aq1FeyA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qd6Aq1FeyA

Fast forward to the three minute mark.

I even went back and checked Worthys stats prior to that injury. He hardly set the world on fire aside from when he played against Chris Mullin and the no defense Run TMC Warriors. Who also tried to outscore their opponents.